MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Great. Just in case anyone didn’t know that they could do this…
Didn’t we lock another thread before anyone could get into the details about this?

They have patched it so it no longer flashes your team member number on screen.
regardless of it flashing or not. they SUCK on the new POS. Speed IDs on classic were AMAZING esp at sco! They make you put your pin so someone can log in if you misplace your speed ID. To my knowledge don't deactivate after making a new one.

Banking
    • See Who Needs Money - Unknown. (Oddly enough, it's in the New POS tutorial guide on Workbench, WITH screenshots, but not on New POS)
Is there currently no way to do this? 😩 Alerts don’t always come through on the myDevice. One of the things we NEED on new POS. I know it’s been said again and again but I HATE that they took away classic POS without adding all of our frequently used features 😤

Idk if this was already mentioned but I love that the SCO voice lady (does she have a a name? Is she a robot?) now announces “your items qualify for a target gift card”. Hopefully that clears up the guests who are surprised by the prompt

That always gets me when people do that

“The machine says to remove my card”
So remove it susan
THIS IRRATATES ME SO MUCH. MARY ITS BEING AS LOUD AS IT CAN BE TELLING YOU TO REMOVE IT. REMOVE THE DAMN CARD!

speaking of this. i wish that once it finishes reading the card it doesnt wait for the card reader to go back into its reset state. wayyyyy back when they were testing the linux POS they were even faster than now because it didn’t wait for the card reader to reset. i think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring that back.

THIS IRRATATES ME SO MUCH. MARY ITS BEING AS LOUD AS IT CAN BE TELLING YOU TO REMOVE IT. REMOVE THE DAMN CARD!

speaking of this. i wish that once it finishes reading the card it doesnt wait for the card reader to go back into its reset state. wayyyyy back when they were testing the linux POS they were even faster than now because it didn’t wait for the card reader to reset. i think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring that back.
I agree. they also need to just make switching states faster. Like going from the pay screen back to selling should be much quicker on POS and SCO

I agree. they also need to just make switching states faster. Like going from the pay screen back to selling should be much quicker on POS and SCO
I honestly think its just about the same speed as classic it just didn't have loading screens and you could just spam the buttons you needed before it finished loading. Its not the worst switching states from scanning to Checkout but its painfully slow going from checkout to scanning.

Multi Receipt Returns were added to New POS today. Finally. Surprised it took this long…

I tried doing it today, but it didn’t work. myDay/Workbench/the “What’s New” tab on New POS said it started today, but maybe the update didn’t roll out? Classic corporate.

Now, about those exchanges that don’t exist at the “Exchanges and Returns” desk…

I tried doing it today, but it didn’t work. myDay/Workbench/the “What’s New” tab on New POS said it started today, but maybe the update didn’t roll out? Classic corporate.
I think they stopped updating the whats new section. I wish they'd update it. on checkout app it just says check again later for the past year lmfao.

I think the apps just need to update? Try to hard restart your POS ( like power button restart )

I think they stopped updating the whats new section. I wish they'd update it. on checkout app it just says check again later for the past year lmfao.

I think the apps just need to update? Try to hard restart your POS ( like power button restart )

What I meant was that the “What’s New” tab WAS updated yesterday, (for the first time since January,) and it did say multi-receipted returns were added.

Back