MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Call me nostalgic, but with the exception of not having to void the entire transaction if the Guest added or changed a payment method to the Wallet in the app, Classic POS was supreme to New POS. 😗
I think that New POS is EONS better than Classic in a lot of ways. Classic did have a lot of nice things about it but it had A TON of bad things about it.

New POS is MUCH more stable than classic and it also allowed them to completely rewrite most of the APIs making it more accessible for things like MCO support. This also lets it be used on basically anything.

This and the new UI being much friendlier than the classic. Also, restricting overrides to just TLs was a great thing for target and TMs. Prevents the new people from getting scammed honestly.

With that said New POS still has ALOT to do before they fully have my heart. exchanges are a big need honestly. I PROMISE if they somehow make the card reader changing states faster, New POS will be LIGHTNING fast. I remember back when they were first rolling out the Linux POS's I don't think it was waiting for the card reader to change states, call it a bug but my transactions were SUPER fast. Like, Not even kidding with tap, when you hear that little bloop! The receipt was printing. it was SO fast. Look into the card reader target!

Also, If you ask me. I think that New POS is a bit TOO spread out. The GS app should really just be the inStoreCheckout but reskinned. Also, all the apps should really have banking built into them rather than banking being its own app.

I PROMISE if they somehow make the card reader changing states faster, New POS will be LIGHTNING fast. I remember back when they were first rolling out the Linux POS's I don't think it was waiting for the card reader to change states, call it a bug but my transactions were SUPER fast.
I foresee new credit card readers in the future. I think these ones have met their limits with Target and there is a lot of missed opportunity with customization and additional guest interaction. Small businesses have better readers using things like like toast POS.

Serious question, when did you use that? I don’t think I ever did on old pos.
When guests come up with the "I want to do an exchange" without the item they plan on buying. But you already scanned like the 10 items they're returning. Most guests want to do it in one motion. return and purchase. rather than return, then go shop.

I foresee new credit card readers in the future. I think these ones have met their limits with Target and there is a lot of missed opportunity with customization and additional guest interaction. Small businesses have better readers using things like like toast POS.
I see spot staying with Verifone. They're the best in the business. I see them upgrading them card readers

Seen at 0:32 :)

Also, If you ask me. I think that New POS is a bit TOO spread out. The GS app should really just be the inStoreCheckout but reskinned. Also, all the apps should really have banking built into them rather than banking being its own app.
I liked the Classic POS design of “scan something to get started,” but I realize that this was probably intentionally not done with New POS as it would slow down the application. I would probably still rather have it this way though than jump around to different menus for different functions.

I liked the Classic POS design of “scan something to get started,” but I realize that this was probably intentionally not done with New POS as it would slow down the application. I would probably still rather have it this way though than jump around to different menus for different functions.
Yeah I agree. I miss that. New needs to be smarter about auto switching apps. GS and check out should be combined better

Yeah I agree. I miss that. New needs to be smarter about auto switching apps. GS and check out should be combined better
Agreed, The POS is really just too scattered right now.

(iSCO is inStoreCheckout)

iSCO & SCO should have banking built into them
GS should have banking, Make a payment, AND iSCO built into them
Tech should be in the merged GS and iSCO mode and ofc banking

Idk I just think that they're wayyyy too spread out right now. Its weird bc with myDay everything is going to one app but on the POS it's the complete opposite.

Agreed, The POS is really just too scattered right now.

(iSCO is inStoreCheckout)

iSCO & SCO should have banking built into them
GS should have banking, Make a payment, AND iSCO built into them
Tech should be in the merged GS and iSCO mode and ofc banking

Idk I just think that they're wayyyy too spread out right now. Its weird bc with myDay everything is going to one app but on the POS it's the complete opposite.

what is the point to banking on SCO?

I wish they would just add this for the people forgot. It would be great to scan someone's receipt and then there wallet and it just refunds what they missed.
Classic ran this as an exchange. since that doesn't exist on New POS they'll probably both come at the same time.
what is the point to banking on SCO?
just to see their status of them quickly. Or even maybe a SCO app on our devices to check to see if a SCO is critically low on monie.

Doing a refresh of one of my previous posts. Version 4.0 of my Features Missing from New POS list. Decided to streamline things down, removing the descriptions after a bunch of features where it's not needed. I also removed many features confirmed to not be coming such as Paid & Left, NSF Payments, and "most used card" option during returns.

• Banking
    • See Who Needs Money - (Evidence of existing on Workbench)
    • Register Checklist - Doesn't indicate whether a register has been banked or not on the checklist.
  • Guest Service
    • Fix a Mistake
      • Missed Coupon
      • Missed Discount
      • Wrong Payment
    • Post Void
      • Post void of return - (Technically available through Make it right return override but not really.)
    • Print Gift Receipt - Unable to print a Gift Receipt from online orders, Order Pickups, or a transaction made at another store.
    • Target Print Ad Match
    • Exchanges and Returns
      • Even Exchange/Sell Items
      • Forced Exchanges - (Technically available through forced merch card return but not really.)
      • Receipt Lookup
        • Cannot look up receipt from GiftCard or Check.
        • Cannot do card lookup and scan a receipt in the same return
      • Refund Tender
        • Can't refund Cash transactions onto Credit card with the generic "Credit" option without override. That was possible on Classic POS and is still listed as an option on the Target.com refund guide.
        • Can't refund Target Card transaction in Cash. Was possible on Classic POS.
  • Inquiry
    • Item Price Inquiry - (Evidence of existing on Workbench)
  • Request Help
    • I need... (a pen, item on hold, paper/plastic bags, receipt paper, spill, etc...)
    • Collect... (cold food, hangers full, paid & left, stray bin, street date, trash is full, etc...)
  • Suspend Transaction
    • Return Suspension
  • Other Functions
    • EJ Viewer - The new Receipt Viewer is on the way?

Now for a few things that I wish existed on New POS, I really wished that $0.00 Missed Salvage returns automatically defected. That would fix a lot of headaches. Also, this one is moreso a fundamental flaw with New POS, but everything being separated into so many apps is annoying, especially with how myDay is the complete opposite with everything on one app. Classic POS has it right with then scan to get started mindset. Also this last one is super minor but for some reason, Speed IDs and Defective Offline Slips still have the TARGET EXPECT MORE PAY LESS logo on the receipts where all other receipts switched over to using just the Bullseye.

Classic ran this as an exchange. since that doesn't exist on New POS they'll probably both come at the same time.

just to see their status of them quickly. Or even maybe a SCO app on our devices to check to see if a SCO is critically low on monie.

The thing I'm talking about with circle. Imagine there is a circle for buy $50 on home get a $15 gc. Guest forgot to use it at check out so they come to the SD for assistance. It would be really nice if we could hit "missed circle" and the register would fix that and have you generate a GC without it counting against your store requisitions.

It would be nice to know how much change is in SCO. We used to have an idea when it was classic, assuming people added the money on the screen too. NCR SCOs have no way of telling us how much change there is.

Bitcoin is dead.
Conmen and grifters killed it.
It might have been a contender but right now and for the foreseeable future, it is very much toast.

Interesting partnerships happening earlier this year. Target uses both Blackhawk and NCR.

How about alcohol (and other age restricted items) alerts on MyDay and registers when someone scans it. It would only go to someone who can legally scan the item(s). It would have a different sound as well

For split payments can we have the ability to do cards second and/or can we have the ability to say that the second amount is going to be $x and have it do the math for us?
Example
If a guest has a $40 gift card but wants to only use $25 on a transaction let me say that the card payment will be transaction-$25. Basically saying that the other method will be $25 and to do the math for us

For split payments can we have the ability to do cards second and/or can we have the ability to say that the second amount is going to be $x and have it do the math for us?
Example
If a guest has a $40 gift card but wants to only use $25 on a transaction let me say that the card payment will be transaction-$25. Basically saying that the other method will be $25 and to do the math for us
In my 2 years of working not ONCE have i had to charge x amt on a giftcard.

other payments. yes. So if you have a guest wanting to charge 25 on their card first. or cash first you absolutely can.

Something i’ve come around the loop to realize is that target software doesn’t suck. it’s the hardware. when the POS hangs. it’s not because of the software being crap. it’s about the card reader. watch the card reader change states as you hit something like cash. Either, get better readers or make the software for the readers much better lol.

When TPay was rolling out I think the POS didn’t have it way to check if the card reader changed states properly or not so it FAST.

TLDR: POS bad bc old (or badly coded) card reader

Last edited:
Back