MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

From what I see it’s promo gift cards that have barcodes and the ones on the wall don’t

False. I stock GiftCards alot at the Checklane display/GiftCard wall, and all the Target GiftCards there have the same backside as the promo ones, which would have an access code barcode. And I've used them for Guests alot recently, plus have many that I've gotten as gifts have access barcodes.

The only GiftCards that I see without access barcodes are super old ones, like older than 2016 that Guests sometimes have lying around. Sometimes, GiftCards from bulk packs that have the price printed on them have no access barcode. But usually the ones like that are 2020 or older. I'm very sure all currently printed GiftCards have access barcodes.

False. I stock GiftCards alot at the Checklane display/GiftCard wall, and all the Target GiftCards there have the same backside as the promo ones, which would have an access code barcode. And I've used them for Guests alot recently, plus have many that I've gotten as gifts have access barcodes.

The only GiftCards that I see without access barcodes are super old ones, like older than 2016 that Guests sometimes have lying around. Sometimes, GiftCards from bulk packs that have the price printed on them have no access barcode. But usually the ones like that are 2020 or older. I'm very sure all currently printed GiftCards have access barcodes.
Must be older gift cards that some Target and other stores still have. But the one I got for Christmas is from 2020 (according to the paper) and didn’t have a barcode to scan the access code but the date on the back of the card is 2013.

I'm 90% sure all of the Target GiftCards currently produced have barcodes on them. The only ones without barcodes are older GiftCards.
This or if it was purchased in bulk I've noticed too.

Its not often that we get the no access code barcode ones.

The one thing I REALLY miss from Classic was the ability to like speed scan giftcards. please bring this back lol.

This or if it was purchased in bulk I've noticed too.

Its not often that we get the no access code barcode ones.

The one thing I REALLY miss from Classic was the ability to like speed scan giftcards. please bring this back lol.
I agreed. Hitting the home button to get a gift card total inquiry, balance then scan is too many steps

I was talking about how when a guest is paying with like 30 gift cards you can scan everything at once and it would queue up
If they have a large order I ask them to scratch the codes off. I also ask them to add them to the app if they have it. while I’m scanning the order. I will teach them for one or two and they do the rest. Of course if they don’t to do any of that I will do it

Last edited:
Right but is this a strategy suggested by your AP team or are you holding up a line and making a fuss for no reason?
I see where you’re confused. I meant I ask them to do it when I’m scanning items to speed things up. My mistake
Call me a weirdo but I kinda like scratching the code myself with my box cutter tape splitting tip. It is the perfect width to scratch off all the barcode in one swoop.
4EE7F616-263F-471B-A755-DB99A3471BBA.jpeg

older gift cards that [...] other stores still have.
Speaking of other stores that sell Target GiftCards (Kroger, Lowe's, Home Depot...), those gift cards have an activation/purchase barcode and I'll be damned if I don't have to help 20 Guests a day at Self Checkout who scanned the HUGE AND PROMINENT activation/purchase barcode... because the one they should scan is tiny and not at all obvious.

And God forbid the intern who designs them put some sort of indicator like "hey Guest, scan this one for in-store use!"

I agreed. Hitting the home button to get a gift card total inquiry, balance then scan is too many steps
To be fair... (and I hate being fair to New POS) there's a shortcut from the top-right Menu button straight to Inquiry (bypass Home).

But there's no equal shortcut back to In Store Checkout... The Banking app has one, but not Inquiry.
And to add to that... There's no shortcut from the In Store Checkout menu to the Banking app. :rolleyes: :p:D

And God forbid the intern who designs them put some sort of indicator like "hey Guest, scan this one for in-store use!"
I hate how the POS doesn't notify the guest (or the TM for that matter) like hey wrong barcode! It says invalid gift card or some gift card error.
To be fair... (and I hate being fair to New POS) there's a shortcut from the top-right Menu button straight to Inquiry (bypass Home).

But there's no equal shortcut back to In Store Checkout... The Banking app has one, but not Inquiry.
And to add to that... There's no shortcut from the In Store Checkout menu to the Banking app. :rolleyes: :p:D
Banking SHOULD be in all payment apps.
Inquiry SHOULD be in the GS app (not a sub-app)
I hate how they separate it.

Was playing with the keyboard out of boredom and discovered New POS is responsive to at least the Enter, Space, Tab, and Shift+Tab keys/key combos.

So if you tap "I need help" and then hit the Space or Enter key, the menu closes. Then if you Tab and press Enter or Space, it goes Home (since tabbing moves the cursor to the right).
You can then tab through the apps and launch them by pressing Enter or Space.

So, come on, HQ, quit the BS and at least enable the letters and numbers, you freaks.

Is anyone able to actually take the baby kit off of someone's registry? When you scan their barcode it thinks it's a suspended transaction and won't bring up the screen to remove the item from the registry. I'm not sure how long this has been a thing, we were out of the kits since before Christmas but we've gotten some in the past few weeks and now I'm seeing this issue.

Is anyone able to actually take the baby kit off of someone's registry? When you scan their barcode it thinks it's a suspended transaction and won't bring up the screen to remove the item from the registry. I'm not sure how long this has been a thing, we were out of the kits since before Christmas but we've gotten some in the past few weeks and now I'm seeing this issue.

What app are you using? You are supposed to use the checkout app, but it only works 50% of the time. Often I just scan the bag and tell the register I put in 5 cents. I suppose you could change the price to 00 with missed circle as the reason.

Also, you should probably check the on hands for your baby bags. I audit them on occasion because some TMs just hand them out. They seem slow to come in lately.

What app are you using? You are supposed to use the checkout app, but it only works 50% of the time. Often I just scan the bag and tell the register I put in 5 cents. I suppose you could change the price to 00 with missed circle as the reason.

Also, you should probably check the on hands for your baby bags. I audit them on occasion because some TMs just hand them out. They seem slow to come in lately.
You should change price not use fake money to avoid messing up the amount in the register. And yeah definitely audit, at my store it’s always off

Back