MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something super strange going on at my store is one of the registers is stupid fast compared to all the other ones in payments. It's not the beta ones on Linux that I mentioned a while ago. They fucked those registers BAD no idea how but it is now reverted to classic POS but register numbers are wrong on them. Like its supposed to be 80 but it's like 84.

The POS I'm talking about is amazing with tap payments; they take less than 2 seconds to process and print the receipt after the initial tap.

Something super strange going on at my store is one of the registers is stupid fast compared to all the other ones in payments. It's not the beta ones on Linux that I mentioned a while ago. They fucked those registers BAD no idea how but it is now reverted to classic POS but register numbers are wrong on them. Like its supposed to be 80 but it's like 84.

The POS I'm talking about is amazing with tap payments; they take less than 2 seconds to process and print the receipt after the initial tap.
Probably a test for TPay, the new card reader software

The load time on these HAS to be fixed. Now that they’ve moved to guest service it’s super inconvenient to come in from a bunch of drive ups to a line and have to take another minute just standing there waiting for everything to load up. It feels like 1997.

I think 71 and 81 are testing the new payment software at all stores.

I think 71 and 81 are testing the new payment software at all stores.
i dont think the register Im talking about falls under that category but ill check my next shift. The speed thing that I am talking about only works on that register though. it's really weird honestly. at my store, the register before and after it doesn't have the same speed. Before the "$72.33 Applied on MasterCard!" message shows up the receipt is already spitting itself out

Update! There were two registers with Linux on them tonight! They were so fast. Minor things like switching between apps was fast. Also, when you press pay and it gets rid of the Target Circle thingy on the Card Reader is literally instant instead of waiting for it to load. Same thing as before. Before the text on the green box could show up the receipt was already printing itself out. Also, a few more registers became really fast with the card reader!

With all of that said. Linux is still really buggy. Once the store closed and they were finishing up 239 one of the two Linux registers was stuck on Loading Application. Even with the little U corner trick and "Restart app launcher" it still was stuck. Had to do a hard restart. Can't wait until they knock out all the kinks out because that is when the new registers will actually be better than the old system.

Something that honestly really needs to be done is set up default apps for each device. Starbucks should auto-load Starbucks when you log in. Front lanes should open normal checkout. Guest Service needs to have the guest service app launch by default.

New new update! So they installed the new POS in electronics tonight sadly but it’s only on one so far. something I’m still very confused on is are they going to replace both? If so rest in piece our mobile rep. They don’t have logins on those systems.

also of all places. The terminals at my Starbucks has the beta version of guest service for whatever reason lolol. It's basically the same but it has a new button. "look up receipt". While it's nice we still need to be able to requisition shit lmao. No idea why that hasn't been added yet honestly. That and payment on account.

There was communication in store about the new POS being added to just one register. The mobile rep is supposed to use the classic one.

New new update! So they installed the new POS in electronics tonight sadly but it’s only on one so far. something I’m still very confused on is are they going to replace both?
yes
If so rest in piece our mobile rep. They don’t have logins on those systems.
known issue that is being worked on
The terminals at my Starbucks has the beta version of guest service for whatever reason lolol.
all starbucks & food service registers have this
It's basically the same but it has a new button. "look up receipt". While it's nice we still need to be able to requisition shit lmao. No idea why that hasn't been added yet honestly. That and payment on account.
because it's not finished yet, the version that will be rolling out to pilot stores later this summer will look different

requisition is not coming back to pos i dont think

yes

known issue that is being worked on

all starbucks & food service registers have this

because it's not finished yet, the version that will be rolling out to pilot stores later this summer will look different

requisition is not coming back to pos i dont think
Do we know where requisition will go because we need to quite often supplies, TM recognition, gift cards above $10 for guests, break room snacks, etc

Do we know where requisition will go because we need to quite often supplies, TM recognition, gift cards above $10 for guests, break room snacks, etc
As tedious as it is right now you can add more than 10 dollars on a gift card . You just have to keep doing it 10 dollars at a time. super stupid imho but it gets the job done.

Tone doesn't translate well over text but how else are we supposed to req stuff out? Not trying to sound rude just genuinely curious. Also how come food and Starbucks has them o_O
It will be in myday

It might be something only leaders can do. If so, I support that decision
I really don't. There has been so many times that I've had to req shit out at GS because something went wrong in the target app or on the POS.

They should just be monitored. I req'd stuff out literally today for the break room. I'm a normal team member.

I really don't. There has been so many times that I've had to req shit out at GS because something went wrong in the target app or on the POS.

They should just be monitored. I req'd stuff out literally today for the break room. I'm a normal team member.
My rule is. Yes I can do it. But the wise part of me says not to and get someone else to do it

req out what kind of shit?

I req out stuff when a leader asks me or gives me permission. People who req out a lot are on an AP watch list.

It might be something only leaders can do. If so, I support that decision
I don’t know which department you need but you need to set your department to something for the option I’m guessing.

req out what kind of shit?

I req out stuff when a leader asks me or gives me permission. People who req out a lot are on an AP watch list.
Of course we ask before we req stuff out but if a leader has to login. Account number. Req it out. Apologize to the guest. Then hand it over to me.

that’s a lot of unnecessary stuff.
the only things you should be requisitioning at the service desk are gift cards… maybe water or gatorade or something

I usually use the new system for gift cards because they’re easier. A leader told me to get some drinks for drive up. We live in a VERY hot area. Like 100+ hot.

Even when we req stuff out i always ask before I do even when it’s a gift card. That’s how it should be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back