MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol my store just coupons out gift cards… they tried to get us to requisition but it never caught on since couponing is way easier. That is a huge plus of new pos (give a gift card) though I suspect it may be abused

Lol my store just coupons out gift cards… they tried to get us to requisition but it never caught on since couponing is way easier. That is a huge plus of new pos (give a gift card) though I suspect it may be abused
Really? The way req was explained to me was there are funds for different things. Like office supply, another for making it right with a guest, and a one only for leaders.

So since there is an account for that you guys are basically printing giftcards lol.

that creates shortage..
One out of the thousands of stores doing this shouldn't create a shortage.

It happens at everyone's store, I am sure. Not all advocates have "gstl" numbers. Those TMs had to coupon out the gift cards. It's an old habit that won't die till the new POS
Huh okay. Did not know this.

I’ve only ever had to coupon out a non target gift card because this lady bought those Nintendo gift cards that show the code on the receipt. Except it only showed like 1 out of the 3 she got. When we req it it only printed the verify req is correct.

Huh okay. Did not know this.

I’ve only ever had to coupon out a non target gift card because this lady bought those Nintendo gift cards that show the code on the receipt. Except it only showed like 1 out of the 3 she got. When we req it it only printed the verify req is correct.
For future if that happens the guest should call Nintendo to get the replacement codes

We have always couponed out gift cards...have never been told to requisition them.

Well who’s responsiblility is it to tell us? Like if the SE-ETL or AP-ETL aren’t gonna tell us any different than why would anyone suddenly know otherwise?

They need to move the "request change" feature to the register app. It takes to long to go back and forth so no one requests the change appropriately. They just put on their lane light or just don't bother

They need to move the "request change" feature to the register app. It takes to long to go back and forth so no one requests the change appropriately. They just put on their lane light or just don't bother
This and also bring back adding change in multiples of the bundles.

I do miss the K buttons for adding the change, but I am ok with putting in the $ amounts too.

Well who’s responsiblility is it to tell us? Like if the SE-ETL or AP-ETL aren’t gonna tell us any different than why would anyone suddenly know otherwise?
apbp thru etl-ap to your etl-se to your setl to you, generally speaking
should just be a link to it from the "request help" menu that pops you in there i agree. having said that my team struggles less with this than yours i think but my bigger gripe is with the alerts not working correctly or dropping off too quickly
Also how do we feel about the new system not really having any overrides for things like the serial number?
it's fine imo

The change request drops off way too quick! Or it’s only visible to one person and once they view it, it’s gone. Or it just doesn’t show up at all.

I always feel like I accomplished a huge success when starbucks submits a money request, i get the alert and bring it to them. They are always so shocked at well LOL

The change request drops off way too quick! Or it’s only visible to one person and once they view it, it’s gone. Or it just doesn’t show up at all.
You have to be signed into myday with it open or running in the background and to view previous notifications like money requests you have to open myday and click the bell icon in the upper right. Swiping down rarely works some reason. You can probably fix it tho in the notifications spot by prioritizing notifications from myday but I can’t remember if they switched the driveup notifications to myday or not.

Does anybody know if they are removing the VCD from receipts? They already removed it from return receipts and the new system doesn’t ask for it when you manually enter the receipt number. On the new system you can also type in the receipt ID and do print gift receipt to get any receipts vcd.

You have to be signed into myday with it open or running in the background and to view previous notifications like money requests you have to open myday and click the bell icon in the upper right. Swiping down rarely works some reason. You can probably fix it tho in the notifications spot by prioritizing notifications from myday but I can’t remember if they switched the driveup notifications to myday or not.

I am logged in for everything related to SETL and don’t get anything 90% of the time. Didn’t know it had to be running in the background though so thanks for that.

Also just to confirm the news. I was doing a redcard application today and for whatever reason, the ID wasn't scanning so I had to manually type in their information and they already have an onscreen keyboard setup. RIP Keyboard.

So once old pos is gone, how are we going to sell serial'd merch with a faulty serial or other error?
No clue. I tired to make a barcode saying OVERRIDE but it just denied it lol. We might not be able to. I really hope they add an override feature because it really is something that’s needed.

that’s the one really solid thing about the Classic POS. Target knows that shit can go wrong hence allowing for overrides.

I know that we shouldn’t use them unless needed we need to and I think I’ve only ever used like 3 overrides total but we DO use them.

No clue. I tired to make a barcode saying OVERRIDE but it just denied it lol. We might not be able to. I really hope they add an override feature because it really is something that’s needed.

that’s the one really solid thing about the Classic POS. Target knows that shit can go wrong hence allowing for overrides.

I know that we shouldn’t use them unless needed we need to and I think I’ve only ever used like 3 overrides total but we DO use them.
I'd say I've done at least 5 in the last 3 months, including t.v., laptop, a toothbrush, others. Would not have been able to sell them at all without access to old pos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back