MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but if we no longer sell an item and he/she has no receipt who knows how long they have had the item. With a receipt we have to take it even though it is likely to go straight to defectives but with no receipt if it is available at another local store I suggest they try returning it there. If it just is no longer sold anywhere, they can keep it or donate it but Target shouldn't pay them for it.

This is very theory. I get what you mean but this man was older and kind so there really wasn’t much reason to deny the transaction. We got the item back and it went to salvage to get further liquidated. This transaction I returned about 32.50 back on a merch card which went right back to target, all things considered, he probably even bought a more expensive one. I don’t really see what the problem is. Target might have lost some money but they lose money in a lot more places. Do you think it's worth it for target to have a no min OPU purchase limit? Having a TM get that item and bag it for probably a 3.49 bottle of sunscreen than to have ANOTHER TM do drive up with it.

With that said if it was something like AirPods or very high-value items with no receipt or if they’ve reached their ID limit, I wouldn’t override it.

Also are we at the point where the POS is actually starting to gain traction over the classic POS? Login speed is still a bit slower but the software itself is pretty snappy and new Linux system card readers are chef kiss. Guest service is still developing so I'm not gonna grill it lol.

I kinda wish GS was based on the same kinda "program" of checkout. Kinda like how you can ring up stuff at Starbucks but the UI is different. That would be really nice honestly.

What I hate about the new POS: older Starbucks gift cards that have a swipe strip don't work & must be keyed in manually.
The swipe works for credit/debit/other gift cards but not SB, which is really a time sink in the middle of a rush.

What I hate about the new POS: older Starbucks gift cards that have a swipe strip don't work & must be keyed in manually.
The swipe works for credit/debit/other gift cards but not SB, which is really a time sink in the middle of a rush.
I think they're working on this.

So you can cash someone's check. We quit doing that, but it might be required to offer. Maybe they will use this when they give someone all their pay, on their last day.

So you can cash someone's check. We quit doing that, but it might be required to offer. Maybe they will use this when they give someone all their pay, on their last day.
Yeah some states require it so it was probably added as it’s a legal thing

Stores with four or more registers at their Service Desk will have an additional register update to New POS next week. Most of them will be on Thursday the 28th. For those of us with three registers at the Service Desk, nothing will change and we'll stay at one. Also, multi-receipt Returns, Wrong Price, and Payment on Account will be on New POS soon, most likely before Holiday time.

And on the status of Classic, Pharmacy roll-out is finishing this week, so the Service Desk will be the only place to have Classic POS. And since the IT department is incompetent, all of Service Desk won't be updating until 2022, after Q4, since they can't get all the features added in time, so at least one Service Desk register per store will be running Classic POS. And on Self-Checkout, that won't be updating until 2022 either since the NCR machines kinda suck.

Also, multi-receipt Returns, Wrong Price, and Payment on Account will be on New POS soon, most likely before Holiday time.
Love to hear it
all of Service Desk won't be updating until 2022, after Q4
Kinda irritating honestly. New POS is SOOOO much easier to train on. I had to train a new TM in electronics like 2 months ago and I kinda showed him how the classic POS works but I went in-depth with the new POS because I knew that elec was going to be getting the registers.
Self-Checkout, that won't be updating until 2022 either since the NCR machines kinda suck
Honestly aren't the new SCOs faster though (excluding animations). Plus I feel like the new Linux systems they would run pretty well considering how they run right now with windows 7. Is it a hardware limitation or do you think it's a software implementation problem?
The only store I've seen with the new SCO is this SUPER old target. Like I'm talking metal carts, full neon lights, the service desk sign being written in neon lights, ironically they had the new SCO. I could be wrong here and if I am tell me but I think it was because they didn't have the fully automatic SCOs. Like if I paid cash a cashier would have to come and put the money in the drawer so its literally just a more user-friendly Instore checkout so not very many changes would be needed.

Also, I could be alone here but I LOVE the old SCO like the interface is super clean, it's really fast because there are practically no animations, and the little "don't forget to grab your receipt! Thanks! see you again soon :-D" Is the best!

I could be wrong here and if I am tell me but I think it was because they didn't have the fully automatic SCOs. Like if I paid cash a cashier would have to come and put the money in the drawer so its literally just a more user-friendly Instore checkout so not very many changes would be needed.
Kinda yes. The stores that have Cash Drawers or the Cash Recyclers at SCO already have New POS, as those are newer hardware from the past few years so they don't use the NCR hardware. The only stores that would have those would be new stores or stores remodeled recently that didn't previously have SCO. (IDK for sure on this, but some stores from the original SCO launch might have had their SCOs replaced with new ones due to age.) The ATM SCO machines, which the vast majority of us have in our stores, still run eSCO or tSCO. Only a select few stores have New POS on their NCR SCO machines for pilot testing.

Kinda yes. The stores that have Cash Drawers or the Cash Recyclers at SCO already have New POS, as those are newer hardware from the past few years so they don't use the NCR hardware. The only stores that would have those would be new stores or stores remodeled recently that didn't previously have SCO. (IDK for sure on this, but some stores from the original SCO launch might have had their SCOs replaced with new ones due to age.) The ATM SCO machines, which the vast majority of us have in our stores, still run eSCO or tSCO. Only a select few stores have New POS on their NCR SCO machines for pilot testing.
I feel like that’s going to take IT a VERYYYY long time to code and develop honestly.

One of our registers is lightning fast. Guess that’s powered by Linux after seeing this thread.

They really need to get rid of “Entry Cancelled” when a guest presses skip. It sends mixed messaging and the guest thinks they did something wrong.
I thought they did. At least on mine at electronics it says please wait after you input a number in.

I thought they did. At least on mine at electronics it says please wait after you input a number in.
When a guest puts their number in, it goes to “please wait”, but when they press skip, it says “entry canceled” and a lot of guests think they did something wrong when that comes up, lol. On the faster Linux registers, it will say “Remove card now. Canceled.” after pressing skip.

When a guest puts their number in, it goes to “please wait”, but when they press skip, it says “entry canceled” and a lot of guests think they did something wrong when that comes up, lol. On the faster Linux registers, it will say “Remove card now. Canceled.” after pressing skip.
Jeez, that sounds even worse. Something that makes more sense and isn't confusing like "Entry Bypassed" or "Skipped" or anything else without the word "Canceled" in it would be better.

Reactions: DBZ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back