MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, my store converted the last register to New POS at the Service Desk today, and we have Payment on Account. Was shopping and decided to stop by the desk and ask about it. But everyone’s throwing a fuss that Paid and Left isn’t there. I don’t think anyone knows that P&L isn’t coming…

As I said, my store converted the last register to New POS at the Service Desk today, and we have Payment on Account. Was shopping and decided to stop by the desk and ask about it. But everyone’s throwing a fuss that Paid and Left isn’t there. I don’t think anyone knows that P&L isn’t coming…
I don't think my store is even using paid and left so the only thing they're going to complain about (when the shift comes) is overrides. But honestly, the only time I think we should even be able to override anymore is if a return is past a day or two.

Not my ETL calling the CSC and trying (possibly?) getting a register flipped back to Classic tomorrow…
(She also knows P&L isn’t coming, it’s for other reasons.)

Nothing that couldn’t be done persay, but for two things that she thinks we need Classic for when we really don’t. (This doesn’t have anything to do with P&L.)
that’s kinda dum lol. I don’t even think we log our paid and left at our store honestly.

I think that POA and Inquiry and even checkout should all be in the GS app.

the only time I think we should even be able to override anymore is if a return is past a day or two.
That and we get online purchases that won't let us return even though they have the receipt. Sometimes you need to make it right and go over the limit without a receixpt. Items that can't be returned. Maybe selecting a different refund tender than listed. I like with new pos if a guest paid with merch credit and another form, I can choose which to refund first.

I don't think my store is even using paid and left so the only thing they're going to complain about (when the shift comes) is overrides. But honestly, the only time I think we should even be able to override anymore is if a return is past a day or two.
Pos will decide— sometimes it will let it slide if it’s a day or two, sometimes it won’t, I guess based on guest history and other factors

Which can be done on New POS (but remember, requires a TL+ to be doing it.) Expired receipt is one of the available options for Return Overrides.

Which can be done on New POS (but remember, requires a TL+ to be doing it.) Expired receipt is one of the available options for Return Overrides.
Honestly, I’m okay with losing supervisor perms. The only thing that would be really irritating is if they don‘t allow normal TMs to override serial numbers.

I can Req stuff out using the device. I don’t need a “SU” for any price match. In reality, we just don’t want a specific power that we've had for a long time taken from us but it's honestly Not really that serious. If it lowers the Guest Experience that's targets problem. Not ours.

I actually really do like the new POS. I hated it at first because of how slow it is but now it's pretty fast and soooooooooooooooo much more stable than the classic POS.

I think there need to be more combinations though. Inquiry and POA should be in the GS app And if you ask me Instore Checkout out should also be built into the GS app. Shouldn't be too difficult to code honestly Since you're just combining two apps.

Also serial overrides. Spot please don't make it TL only. I know what a serial number is. Trust your TMs and just add dialog to make sure the TM knows what they're doing.

" Please make sure ALL barcodes are scanned before overriding a serial number. For additional assistance please turn on your lane light for a Team Lead."

While we're here. I think there should be very quiet sounds playing from the POS like the All-State Plan or if a serial is scanned incorrectly. I miss the old SCO "boopBooP". I totally think it should be repurposed.

Honestly, I’m okay with losing supervisor perms. The only thing that would be really irritating is if they don‘t allow normal TMs to override serial numbers.

I can Req stuff out using the device. I don’t need a “SU” for any price match. In reality, we just don’t want a specific power that we've had for a long time taken from us but it's honestly Not really that serious. If it lowers the Guest Experience that's targets problem. Not ours.

I actually really do like the new POS. I hated it at first because of how slow it is but now it's pretty fast and soooooooooooooooo much more stable than the classic POS.

I think there need to be more combinations though. Inquiry and POA should be in the GS app And if you ask me Instore Checkout out should also be built into the GS app. Shouldn't be too difficult to code honestly Since you're just combining two apps.

Also serial overrides. Spot please don't make it TL only. I know what a serial number is. Trust your TMs and just add dialog to make sure the TM knows what they're doing.

" Please make sure ALL barcodes are scanned before overriding a serial number. For additional assistance please turn on your lane light for a Team Lead."

While we're here. I think there should be very quiet sounds playing from the POS like the All-State Plan or if a serial is scanned incorrectly. I miss the old SCO "boopBooP". I totally think it should be repurposed.
Speaking of that where is the Payment on Acct option on new POS.. I only see Give a giftcard and make it right thing on the side of the Guest service app? Do we just not have it yet because our stores myDay communication said starting the "14th"

better yet, have it auto create a myday ticket for the item

100% Agree.

IDK if it does for those or not, as my only times using New POS at SCO so far have been while shopping, covering someone at the bathroom, and doing start funds at night, but along with the "Remember to Grab your Receipt. Thanks, see you again soon!" returning, they have a voice from the same voice which says the the Guest earned a GiftCard for the "Buy XXX get a $XX.XX GiftCard" offers, AND the "boopBOOP" sound that your talking about is still used, at least for the "A Team Member is coming" message. Again, IDK if it does for anything else at SCO. Do the NextGen machines not have speakers? Switching gears a little, the boopBOOP sound would be nice for Regular New POS as well. part of me kinda wants the BEEEEEPPP sound that came from the Keyboards whenever something bad happened on Classic, just for old times sake.

Speaking of that where is the Payment on Acct option on new POS.. I only see Give a giftcard and make it right thing on the side of the Guest service app? Do we just not have it yet because our stores myDay communication said starting the "14th"

Payment on Account is it's own separate app. It's supposed to be in the app shortcut section of the GS app between In-Store Checkout and Inquiry. As it's a separate app, it's accessible from the Home menu as well. Receipt Viewer, whenever that comes to New POS, will be it's own app and a shortcut on the GS app as well.

And speaking if apps, if they decide not to merge apps together, they should at least ass add more shortcuts. Like In-Store Checkout and Guest Service should have a Shortcut to Apply for RedCard, In-Store Checkout and Starbucks should have a shortcut to Inquiry like GS, and ALL the Service apps (In-Store Checkout, Self-Checkout, Guest Service, Starbucks, and Food Service,) should have a shortcut to Banking.

And one last thing that I'm surprised hasn't been added yet as it's already in one of the apps. When you use one of the app shortcuts in GS, like Checkout, Inquiry, or POA, it's supposed to have a "back to Guest Service" option in the top left of the screen to go back to it without going home and to the app again, enduring loading screens. Self-Checkout has this for Store Mode, where it says "back to Self-Checkout" on the top left, and it's odd as to why its not on GS yet when it's supposed to.

Last edited:
nice for Regular New POS as well. part of me kinda wants the BEEEEEPPP sound that came from the Keyboards whenever something bad happened on Classic, just for old times sake.
yup this is what i meant haha.
"back to Guest Service" option in the top left of the screen to go back to it without going home and to the app again, enduring loading screens. Self-Checkout has this for Store Mode, where it says "back to Self-Checkout" on the top left, and it's odd as to why its not on GS yet when it's supposed to
oh? that’s an alright alternative but i still think GS should have the whole tool belt built in.

Nah it was a mess when K4 GSTL key could be given to anyone.

“Quasi-GSAs,” the TL favorites, and other random Salesfloor TMs had it at my store lol.

All kinds of crap would get overridden, No Receipt Merchandise Credit on GiftCards or cash lol. No thanks. Sad to lose my own K4 which I had from my GSA days but glad it’s all tied to a job code now.
That’s because anybody with supervisor perms could give it to anyone. They should just make it so ETLs can change the perms. Some stores don’t always have easy access to a TL. Who knows more about a return. Someone who has probably done thousands of returns or the food TL. The ETL should be able to choose certain team members they trust. I’m not saying everyone should and it’s easy to get but certain team members I believe should be able to have it. Say the TL is on break too then your screwed. They could also add a request override button when pressed rings the TLs my devices and asks if they want to approve or decline a override. They can then use the walkie to explain the situation and why an override is needed. If a team member does need an override now they have to call the TL up and like 99% of the time they will get the approval and the guest will just have to wait and time gets wasted.

They could also add a request override button when pressed rings the TLs my devices and asks if they want to approve or decline a override. They can then use the walkie to explain the situation and why an override is needed. If a team member does need an override now they have to call the TL up and like 99% of the time they will get the approval and the guest will just have to wait and time gets wasted.
Not to bad an idea! It would be pretty difficult to implement though.
at least ass more
i couldn't agree more.

That’s because anybody with supervisor perms could give it to anyone. They should just make it so ETLs can change the perms. Some stores don’t always have easy access to a TL. Who knows more about a return. Someone who has probably done thousands of returns or the food TL. The ETL should be able to choose certain team members they trust. I’m not saying everyone should and it’s easy to get but certain team members I believe should be able to have it. Say the TL is on break too then your screwed. They could also add a request override button when pressed rings the TLs my devices and asks if they want to approve or decline a override. They can then use the walkie to explain the situation and why an override is needed. If a team member does need an override now they have to call the TL up and like 99% of the time they will get the approval and the guest will just have to wait and time gets wasted.
this is all so insanely complicated

Heard from someone in corp. Serial overrides coming very soon. All tms can, will ask for why when you do it (missing, wrong format etc). Will auto create a ticket for corp to investigate item.

main diff from classic is that if you return an item w/ overridden serial, it will have you try to scan in the serial one more time, otherwise you have to override again rather than just not asking for serial

Last edited:
Heard from someone in corp. Serial overrides coming very soon. All tms can, will ask for why when you do it (missing, wrong format etc). Will auto create a ticket for corp to investigate item.

main diff from classic is that if you return an item w/ overridden serial, it will have you try to scan in the serial one more time, otherwise you have to override again rather than just not asking for serial

Like that. Like that we all can override, it asks why, and that it autogenerates a ticket. Something good and new about New POS from corporate, who knew!

Got Payment on Account today.. I guess our stores register updates are pushed on Wednesdays

Like that. Like that we all can override, it asks why, and that it autogenerates a ticket. Something good and new about New POS from corporate, who knew!
To be fair, I think the biggest problem we faced with the whole new POS was how they pushed it out before most of the features were there. At this point, the new POS is lightyears superior to the classic.

- Faster
- More stable
- In turn, means fewer restarts
- Plus much faster restarts
-PLUS quick restarts
- Smarter features (auto ticket generation)
- MUCH friendlier UI
- TPay
- Less fraud because only TLs can do overrides now
- All one version compared to previous POS. (like how SBUX was a different version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back