MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how to fix the “printer not connected” issue at the registers?! We don’t need 4 registers down every single day when we’re struggling with a line because the receipt doesn’t print out for the guest
Lift up the printer and unplug and replug in left cord. That should fix it. Otherwise just do as LK18 said.

They’re updating the last Classic POS register at my store to New POS on Monday. That means my store is gonna be 100% New POS in a few days. Let’s see what’s finished and what’s not then I guess.

(Not every store is updating on Monday. Many are, but the vast majority aren’t.)

Oh? How come?
We have old NCR ATM SCOs.
It was two issues that forced us to call and revert after trying to deal with the issues for a week.

First off we were supposed to get new bill dispensers that are compatible with New POS (posNext) a couple months back but NCR kinda dropped the ball and never got us what we needed. They procrastinated for a while because we were working fine on the old system but it would have been in preparation for the new system. Well obviously that didn’t happen and they rolled out the new system with us having incompatible bill dispensers that will never “connect” and work with the software. NCR Tech said newer dispensers are needed to be compatible and we are on a list waiting for parts. No SCO could accept cash or give cashback as part of this issue.

second, and from what I read is a global issue that Target IT needs to fix is the random disconnects of devices bug. Every morning none of them would function and either a reboot or restart of the device manager on every single SCO was needed every single morning to get it to see the scanner, bill, coin, and receipt devices. The device status showed everything disconnected. Not only did that happen in the morning but to random devices throughout the day including mid transactions. Sometimes it said the card reader not working so I would have to suspend and move. I would also lose the receipt printer connection so it would be stuck on the Thanks for shopping message and fail to print a receipt, the guest would ask for help, here's the kicker, since the printer doesn't work it won't let you suspend because it can't print the slip. so it was void payments and try at another register because I couldn't be sure payment was accepted without the receipt printed. And finally, sometimes it was all devices at once that would disconnect so the guest would go to scan and item and no scanners would function.

on the phone with support they made two notes. The first of which is our store cannot accept New POS until we receive parts which we are waiting on NCR for and support has been frustrated at the speed they are getting parts to other stores with this issue. NCR is not getting these parts quickly.

the second note is our classic GS register cannot be updated as well because it is required to reset pins and reauthorize TMs. So we are running 4 SCOs and one GS register with Classic until NCR and Target IT work out the issues with New POS/Linux.

as an aside for general feedback for the week that we were running it and things I didn't really like.
  • the guest gift receipt option was only a toggle. One or none. A guest wanting multiple would need to ask for us to do that in store mode. The my own bag option asks for how many, why this gift receipt thing can't I don't know.
  • Lack of sounds across the whole system. End of transaction thank you, team member on the way alert, attention grabbers such as promo giftcard needs to be scanned.
  • It seemed to sign out often with inactivity. Our overnight team that bought snacks complained about that a lot with having to reopen it a bunch. Classic didn't have that issue.
  • It didn't show a list of applied payments in the payment screen for the guest, just the remaining balance. Like it wouldn't show that your giftcard applied $5 payment. Old system showed applied giftcards and how much was applied.
  • DPCI is hidden under an info icon in store mode so matching up scanned items for guests having miss scans was harder.
  • Doesn't auto sign into SCO app on login
  • Split payments option seems to be gone for the guest.
  • Banking/Device status doesn't show how much coin or bills it senses
  • AP said camera feeds couldn’t be viewed at all sometimes or the feed didn’t match up with the transaction on screen. They I guess had trouble with receipt lookups/viewer with the little info I got from them because of the nature of their role. I guess they said the number of Suspended transactions company-wide since New POS launched on SCO spiked like crazy.
It looks pretty I'll give it that. It just doesn't work. At least it didn't for us.

Last edited:
They’re updating the last Classic POS register at my store to New POS on Monday. That means my store is gonna be 100% New POS in a few days. Let’s see what’s finished and what’s not then I guess.

(Not every store is updating on Monday. Many are, but the vast majority aren’t.)

Oh? Do you have Payment On Account?

Not 100% sure, but this might be possible already. There’s an option on some returns to change the value of the item that is being returned. I haven’t had to use it yet, but that’s probably what it’s for.

Also, Overrides have been changed from ETL+ to TL+. I guess all the feedback complaining worked you all.
So do only TL and ETLs have special overrides? How does it work? Can they add TMs to a list? Is there like an override option and when clicked it asks for a TLs login?

So do only TL and ETLs have special overrides? How does it work? Can they add TMs to a list? Is there like an override option and when clicked it asks for a TLs login?

It’s not really an override, per say, but is at the same time.
It’s only in Guest Service as of now, but anyone who is a TL+ will have the option for a “Make it right return” on the side section below “Give a GiftCard.” When selected, it will give four options. “Sale receipt expired,” “Non-receipted limit reached,” “Gift registry limit reached,” or “System issue.” It will force the return to go through, like Classic POS overrides.
I believe that the ability to override the return tender will be a thing, but am not too sure on it. I know for a fact that Serial Number overrides will be a thing tho, but don’t know when that is or how it will work.
And it’s ONLY for TL+. Remember, there are no Register statuses on New POS. Everything is tied to your Job Code. No TM will have the ability to do a Make it right return.

It’s not really an override, per say, but is at the same time.
It’s only in Guest Service as of now, but anyone who is a TL+ will have the option for a “Make it right return” on the side section below “Give a GiftCard.” When selected, it will give four options. “Sale receipt expired,” “Non-receipted limit reached,” “Gift registry limit reached,” or “System issue.” It will force the return to go through, like Classic POS overrides.
I believe that the ability to override the return tender will be a thing, but am not too sure on it. I know for a fact that Serial Number overrides will be a thing tho, but don’t know when that is or how it will work.
And it’s ONLY for TL+. Remember, there are no Register statuses on New POS. Everything is tied to your Job Code. No TM will have the ability to do a Make it right return.
I really wish they would make it so they could select TMs to have special overrides but thanks for all the info.

I really wish they would make it so they could select TMs to have special overrides
Nah it was a mess when K4 GSTL key could be given to anyone.

“Quasi-GSAs,” the TL favorites, and other random Salesfloor TMs had it at my store lol.

All kinds of crap would get overridden, No Receipt Merchandise Credit on GiftCards or cash lol. No thanks. Sad to lose my own K4 which I had from my GSA days but glad it’s all tied to a job code now.

Paid and Left - Unknown, most likely not coming to New POS
Paid and left is not coming to new pos. New process on workbench is to just fill in the log.
It’s only in Guest Service as of now, but anyone who is a TL+ will have the option for a “Make it right return” on the side
I believe that the ability to override the return tender will be a thing, but am not too sure on it.
It gave my tl all the return options. Merch credit, credit, gc, cash with an expired receipt. Merch credit was selected by default and it gave the lower price although the receipt was scanned.

Paid and left is not coming to new pos. New process on workbench is to just fill in the log.

Yeah, that’s what I heard as well. I said most likely not as there were talks a few months ago about it possibly coming to POS. I’m 99% sure that it won’t tho.

It gave my tl all the return options. Merch credit, credit, gc, cash with an expired receipt. Merch credit was selected by default and it gave the lower price although the receipt was scanned.

Oh! That’s good to know. I’ve never actually done one or seen one in action. I’ve just only seen pictures of what it looks like as I’m not a Lead.

Nah it was a mess when K4 GSTL key could be given to anyone.

“Quasi-GSAs,” the TL favorites, and other random Salesfloor TMs had it at my store lol.

All kinds of crap would get overridden, No Receipt Merchandise Credit on GiftCards or cash lol. No thanks. Sad to lose my own K4 which I had from my GSA days but glad it’s all tied to a job code now.
Every store is different. at my store literally EVERYOJE had supervisor perms. I had so many pricematches that i was a supervisor when i was seasonal lmao. One end it was nice. Other end we did override a little too often. Sometimes we do need to tell guests “You’ve reached your yearly limit” especially scammers.

okay okay okay. so. what is the merch card return limit? i’ve been told it’s $100 a year but another TL said it’s not.

it’s based mostly on guest return history and trends, so the best practice is not to share a specific dollar amount with the guest because it won’t always cut the guest off at $100 and some items (that cost less than $100) aren’t supposed to be no receipt returned.

it’s based mostly on guest return history and trends, so the best practice is not to share a specific dollar amount with the guest because it won’t always cut the guest off at $100 and some items (that cost less than $100) aren’t supposed to be no receipt returned.
ohhhhhh that makes so much more sense! thanks!

Today is my stores last day with Classic POS. (sniff) Gonna miss it. Despite the constant crashing and 5 hour reboots, there’s something charming about it. Being able to speed through button presses, having a keyboard at all, all the little quirks of being 20+ year old software. But tomorrow brings in a new era as they update our last Classic register at the SD to New POS. Despite how incomplete the GS New POS app is, its (for some reason) happening.

Today is my stores last day with Classic POS. (sniff) Gonna miss it. Despite the constant crashing and 5 hour reboots, there’s something charming about it. Being able to speed through button presses, having a keyboard at all, all the little quirks of being 20+ year old software. But tomorrow brings in a new era as they update our last Classic register at the SD to New POS. Despite how incomplete the GS New POS app is, its (for some reason) happening.
????? payment on account????? Hell will be risen if they don’t add that before they update you.

????? payment on account????? Hell will be risen if they don’t add that before they update you.

I’m like 99.99% sure that we will have POA tomorrow, as that’s been done for awhile now. If not, then yeah, hell on Earth at the GSD.

and again-- post void return receipt-- mistakes happen! (guest wants GC but you accidentally hit recommended back to their card)

Knowing corporate, I don’t think so, but I hope so at least. If not, can always ask my ETL to report it on Yammer if it hasn’t been already.

Also, on exchanges, it’s on the list of things Corporate will do, but it’s not a high priority as of yet. So yay on that. (At least it’s being worked on.)

This might be a minor bug, but when a guest with Ebt skips target circle, the register will throw up a pop up saying the wallet must be scanned to continue, but you can continue past the pop up and finish the transaction. It's bizarre. @SamSepiol
It's letting you know that if the guest wants to use Target Circle, it must be added before EBT is swiped. It can't be added once EBT has been swiped for I'm assuming technical and legal reasons.

Exactly, it's asking to double check so you don't have an issue. Coupons can be used with EBT benefits and they must be applied first after some more research.

I know I have scanned my Wallet after swiping Ebt on our sco (it's old pos still). I'm pretty sure I have done it on the new POS too. I will test it soon. I prefer to do it that way when I have non food items that I am also paying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back