MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm on the subject of myDay alerts, something that I hope gets added are more notification options. The only ones on New POS are Change Fund Advances, Additional Advocates, I Need Help, and Carry-Out requests. Classic POS has so many more options such as requesting more Paper and Plastic bags, requesting Abandons and Hangars be collected from your lane, and a bunch more
I think it should be even simpler than this. Everyone ignores the sounds of the device because. New OPU order, 239, i need help, additional advocates, meal alerts, price change reminders, literally everything uses the same shitty sound. there should be different sounds for most of the alerts. Old 239 sound was perfect, i need help should make an urgent sound (similar to the service hubs if your store is remodeled).

Since I started in Oct 2020
me too!

My SD hated the call buttons so we only had one in seasonal. Once they put up the service Hubs he told me to toss it in the compactor. Looking back wish we repurposed it to be a LOD time clock button. Something that’s not a bad idea is to have a button on the time clock to chime all logged in leaders.

The additional assistance button still works on both POS systems at my store. The walkie will still say "Additional cashiers to eletronics, front lanes, GS, Pharmacy", etc. Pharmacy presses the button every day when they open.

Also, something funny, if you press the "HELP" key on old POS, and select something like "I need... a pen", it sends an alert on myDay.
What? I swear to you I've hit add'l assist on the new POS before we took out our keyboard and it didn't work.

Decided to go through many of the features of Classic POS has or had, listing what's not on, or is on its way to New POS.
  • Requisition - Moving Moved to myDay
  • EJ Viewer (No longer on Classic POS) - The new Receipt Viewer will come to New POS
  • Paid and Left - Unknown, most likely not coming to New POS
  • Pay-Out
    • Vending Refund - Unknown
  • NSF Payments - Not coming to New POS, will be done over the phone at 1-800-635-4713
  • Exchange (No longer on Classic POS)/Sell Items - Unknown
  • Target Print Ad Match - Unknown, can use Wrong Price
  • Post Void
    • Return Receipt - Unknown
  • Gift Receipt - Can't print Gift Receipt from another store or Online order (OPU, Shipping, etc...), Unknown
  • Fix a Mistake
    • Missed Coupon - Unknown, but can use Wrong Price
    • Missed Discount (No longer on Classic POS) - Unknown, but can use Post Void
    • Wrong Payment - On the way, unknown when it will release
  • Help Menu/Additional Assistance - Unknown if more help options will be added, as only a very small selection is available
  • Inquiry
    • Item Price Inquiry - On the way, unknown when it will release
  • Suspend Transaction
    • Return Suspension - Unknown
  • Payment on Account - On the way, in some stores but 100% rollout in the next 1-2 weeks
  • No Receipt Return
    • "Ask guest to insert most used card" - Unknown
  • Bounties - On the way, available before decommissioning
  • Overrides
    • Serial Number - On the way
    • Bypass Registry Return Limit - Unknown
    • Item has already been refunded - Unknown
  • Cash transactions over $10,000 - Unknown
  • Cash out GiftCards - On the way before decommission, I THINK. IDK for sure as MN doesn't offer it
Many of these will likely make it over sometime in the future. The only mandatory ones before decommission as far as I know are Payment on Account, Bounties, and I think GiftCard cashouts, the latter due to different state and city laws. The other ones that I didn't say Unknown for will be available very soon, such as Wrong Payment, Item Inquiry, and. Serial Number Overrides. IDK if soon is before or after decommission of Classic POS. Not software related but once every store is off Classic POS, keyboards will be removed sometime after that.

EDIT: GC Cashouts actually are available. Thanks @LK18

Last edited:
Gift card cash outs already exist under the inquiry app. And you mean we will be able to look up receipts without going to a computer?

Gift card cash outs already exist under the inquiry app. And you mean we will be able to look up receipts without going to a computer?
Yes. And I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to print them on POS too.

Also what’s bounties?
It’s in select states. I think Michigan is one of them. It’s where if there’s a label error or price error on an item, you get paid the difference back and more money.

From the Michigan Gov’t website. AG - Michigan's Scanner Law - The Shopping Reform and Modernization Act - https://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-359-81903_20942-134114--,00.html
You must notify the seller that you were overcharged, within 30 days of the transaction, either in person or in writing. Within two days of receiving your notice, the seller may choose to refund you the difference between the amount charged and the price displayed plus a "bonus" of ten times the difference, with a minimum of $1.00 and a maximum of $5.00. If the seller does not pay you both the refund and the bonus, you may bring a lawsuit to recover your actual damages or $250.00, whichever is greater, plus reasonable attorney fees up to $300.00. You may instead file a complaint in a small claims court without an attorney.

Did Spot kill the features on the Classic POS? I haven’t used the classic in a while.

Which one? If you mean bounties, then I don’t think so. It’s listed as still being on Classic on Workbench, and it’s on the New POS page on Workbench too.

Some of them yes, exchanges and paycheck payouts being the big ones.. they removed them from Classic.
Exchanges is a kinda, we can still exchange for non-RedCard transactions with K7 Sell Items on the total screen on Classic. Also, things like opened Electronics/Entertainment, opened Air Mattresses, and no-receipt baby returns have forced exchanges. The K1 Even Exchange was removed because RedCards messed things up.
Paycheck Payouts are on New POS, IDK that it was removed from Classic as Minnesota, where I am, doesn’t do that as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back