MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Communication from myDay/Workbench for New POS. Now, when an Apple product is scanned, it will prompt us to ask the Guest to sign up for AppleCare on the product. I have no idea if this is in addition to asking about AllState Protection Plans (those aren't going away anytime soon,) or if Apple products won't ask for AllState and only AppleCare.
my guess is only AppleCare

New Communication from myDay/Workbench for New POS. Now, when an Apple product is scanned, it will prompt us to ask the Guest to sign up for AppleCare on the product. I have no idea if this is in addition to asking about AllState Protection Plans (those aren't going away anytime soon,) or if Apple products won't ask for AllState and only AppleCare.
WOOOOOTT WOOOOOOOT. THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!!! I have only ever heard terrible things with the Allstate protection plan so I really never offer it to guests unless its either a console, laptop, or a TV. But with apple products AppleCare is a MUST. With that said..... I know small stores don't have the applecare+ app on their devices. AND I know that if it wasn't for me no one in the entire store (other than mobile) would have known how to ACTIVATE apple care properly. So....... Do we still activate it on the Device or is it going to be through the POS?

WOOOOOTT WOOOOOOOT. THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!!! I have only ever heard terrible things with the Allstate protection plan so I really never offer it to guests unless its either a console, laptop, or a TV. But with apple products AppleCare is a MUST. With that said..... I know small stores don't have the applecare+ app on their devices. AND I know that if it wasn't for me no one in the entire store (other than mobile) would have known how to ACTIVATE apple care properly. So....... Do we still activate it on the Device or is it going to be through the POS?
Pos better activate it bc cashiers don’t have mydevices…

We do it to get people set up with the tax exempt thing.
true. I would say tax exemption is different but in reality. people need to sign up their All State Plans too. Why not sign them up then? At the end of the day, the only people who are gonna sell Apple Products and or AppleCare is electronics and we should have the time to do it.

So the apple care requires setup through the mydevice but which app is the one to use? Our store never had the ability for apple care before I don’t think, but the registers now give it as an option.

So the apple care requires setup through the mydevice but which app is the one to use? Our store never had the ability for apple care before I don’t think, but the registers now give it as an option.
It’s literally called AppleCare

it’s a little red apple logo on your myDevice that says AppleCare+. Last time i checked not all stores have it. This could be a good time for spot to push it to all stores.

Okay then yeah we don’t have it yet on the my device. But it’s now on the register (which requires the mydevice). Hopefully it’s coming soon.

Okay then yeah we don’t have it yet on the my device. But it’s now on the register (which requires the mydevice). Hopefully it’s coming soon.
yeah once i wanted applecare at a relatively large store, they used to be a Marketsource store but then they killed it there, and they didn’t have it and i was shocked.

This store and another store have the EXACT same planogram except. Both of these stores were planned on being small formfactor but are both now one of the heaviest stores in our city.

Classic POS, tSCO, and eSCO will ALL be dead in the next few weeks. New POS rollout at SCO continues on a weekly basis with 500 new stores updating today and tomorrow, and 1000 new stores updating next week. And Payment On Account is expected to be at 100% of stores in three weeks or less. At that point, with POA and the SCOs updating, there will be no need to have the last Service Desk register on Classic and it will be finally decommissioned, because POA and SCO (for 4 digit pin/reauthorization) are required before Classic is killed.

Once this happens, don't worry, there will still be updates and features added to New POS. It's just that the above HAVE to be ready as there is no workaround otherwise. Things like Exchanges and the rest of the Fix a Mistake options, while would be great to have, have workarounds such as returning and rebuying for exchanging, wrong price for missed coupon, and post voiding for wrong payment. (IDK if Exchanges or most of Fix a Mistake is even coming [I hope so.] I know at least Wrong Payment will, but IDK if that's before or after Classic is decommissioned.)

Can new pos post void returns yet? if not, that's a must have before classic dies (classic can post void new pos returns)
Don't think so. I could be very wrong though lol. I think their main focus right now is Payment on account and making sure it works properly. I assume that adding post void on returns is a relatively easy problem to address.

Once this happens, don't worry, there will still be updates and features added to New POS. It's just that the above HAVE to be ready as there is no workaround otherwise. Things like Exchanges and the rest of the Fix a Mistake options, while would be great to have, have workarounds such as returning and rebuying for exchanging, wrong price for missed coupon, and post voiding for wrong payment. (IDK if Exchanges or most of Fix a Mistake is even coming [I hope so.] I know at least Wrong Payment will, but IDK if that's before or after Classic is decommissioned.)
I wonder if they are gonna include Serial Overrides. Looking on the workbench about the New POS where other overrides it says to use the classic POS but for Serial Overrides, it says to sell items as no barcode then to report the problem through the chatbot. But Serial overrides for returns exist too.

Also selling items as no barcode is a SHIT idea. If I wasn't a poweruser it wouldn't click in my head that no barcode technically has a DPCI. Plus! How is a guest supposed to prove the item in the event of a return? If it's no barcode they could bring a similarly priced item from another store (target doesn't carry) and we wouldn't know the difference. This is going to cause so much fraud if it isn't addressed.

Also the other day at the service desk I got coupon scammed :(

Also, look-up receipt on a gift card should exist with the card lookup before classic is decommissioned.

Two of our NCR SCOs got the New POS.
I am just hoping that the new POS can post void returns and have a way to override the payment if the original card is expired or canceled, like how the old system has the “Credit” option where a guest can insert the card. They should just keep one register on the old POS just because…

In case they don’t add post void returns to new, is there a way a TL, ETL, or AP can post void a return from the office? I feel like I’ve heard that there’s a way to do it.

also, how do we cash out paychecks on new pos?

I wonder if they are gonna include Serial Overrides. Looking on the workbench about the New POS where other overrides it says to use the classic POS but for Serial Overrides, it says to sell items as no barcode then to report the problem through the chatbot. But Serial overrides for returns exist too.
Serial Number Overrides WILL be coming. I'm not 100% sure when, but I think it will be before Classic is decommissioned. The Jan 2021 New POS Newsletter mentioned Serial Overrides, along with SCO updating, POA, and the eventual end of Classic, so it'd make sense for it to be here very soon.

I am just hoping that the new POS can post void returns and have a way to override the payment if the original card is expired or canceled, like how the old system has the “Credit” option where a guest can insert the card. They should just keep one register on the old POS just because…
Maybe? When they added Overrides last week, the kind that was added was to change the payment refund tender. I've never seen how the New POS overrides work, so just a guess, I would think that it would be possible that way, but that requires an ETL or above. If not, I 100% agree.

also, how do we cash out paychecks on new pos?
IDK, since MN doesn't offer that, but I believe that's done through the Pay-In/Pay-Out app.

Last edited:
No vending refunds on new pos yet either

(allowed GS to refund TMs for break room vending machine malfunctions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back