MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by this? If you mean Electronics and Pharmacy having three registers instead of two, that was still a thing in the 2000s, moreso with SuperTargets. Pretty sure the 2010s is when it became always two registers at those spots.
don’t remember when but we have a SUPER OLD small form factor store. apparently when they were being evaluated for their remodel the evaluator walked out LMAOOO.

That store still has 3 registers and i think i remember reading the register number and it was different. i could be wrong here tho.
The additional assistance button still works on both POS systems at my store. The walkie will still say "Additional cashiers to eletronics, front lanes, GS, Pharmacy", etc. Pharmacy presses the button every day when they open.

Also, something funny, if you press the "HELP" key on old POS, and select something like "I need... a pen", it sends an alert on myDay.
Did you figure out how this worked? On the new POS at our store I tried the Add'l button but it didn't work!

More stable
- In turn, means fewer restarts
Ironically, ever since we've had 1 classic register, we've never actually had to reboot or fix anything. It reboots almost just as fast. On the other hand, new pos has crashed, froze, or given errors almost daily.

New pos transactions are lightning fast, but the wait between apps and signing in is still too much. And the stupid separate receipts. I still have 1 classic.
Serial overrides coming very soon.
I kind of forced them to do it by putting endless tickets lately for no serial number. Was pushing serial override in the message.

There's cursors on the screen and if you don't get it positioned the right way it won't advance to the next screen.
Device status has a calibration button. Make sure the screen is clean and dry.
ne machine not accepting cash no matter how many times it's been rebooted
This was included in the hq communication. Some stores have a sco with an older bill acceptor thats not compatible. It said it will be replaced by March. There was also a link to the credit and debit only signs.

don’t remember when but we have a SUPER OLD small form factor store. apparently when they were being evaluated for their remodel the evaluator walked out LMAOOO.

That store still has 3 registers and i think i remember reading the register number and it was different. i could be wrong here tho.

Ohhh I get what you mean. You meant that the Register Numbers were in the 90s for Electronics in Older stores. I thought you meant that stores didn't have three registers in Electronics since the 1990s. Nowadays, 90-99 correspond to lanes 20-29, or lanes 30-39 in stores with over 30 lanes. Really only seen in SuperTargets nowadays. Like my store has a Lane 20 and a Lane 21, and they are #90 and 91.

Ironically, ever since we've had 1 classic register, we've never actually had to reboot or fix anything. It reboots almost just as fast. On the other hand, new pos has crashed, froze, or given errors almost daily.

New pos transactions are lightning fast, but the wait between apps and signing in is still too much. And the stupid separate receipts. I still have 1 classic.

I kind of forced them to do it by putting endless tickets lately for no serial number. Was pushing serial override in the message.

Our classic register was really good for a while and then it started crashing again. We get the printer screen error too every few days.

My store only got one switched back.

on another note, has anyone tried to do wrong price—>sign error on new POS GS function? If you put in the new price as indicated on the (wrong) shelf tag, you actually are reducing the price by that amount.

For example a guest said the shelf price of batteries was $7.99 not the $8.49 she was charged. I altered the price but it gave her the batteries for 50 cents. I went back and changed it by doing the math and figuring out the difference but this seems like a flaw and should be fixed.

on another note, has anyone tried to do wrong price—>sign error on new POS GS function? If you put in the new price as indicated on the (wrong) shelf tag, you actually are reducing the price by that amount.

For example a guest said the shelf price of batteries was $7.99 not the $8.49 she was charged. I altered the price but it gave her the batteries for 50 cents. I went back and changed it by doing the math and figuring out the difference but this seems like a flaw and should be fixed.
I've never seen fix a mistake/"wrong price" on the new POS for returns. Is it new?

Yeah, for some reason, you can only do % off or $ off. You can’t just let in the new price, which I find really dumb.

I've never seen fix a mistake/"wrong price" on the new POS for returns. Is it new?
It’s been there since early January, but my store was pilot testing in in December. And there’s no more “Fix a Mistake” category. The Fix a Mistake options are with the rest of them right away when you scan a receipt.

No Receipt Return -- new POS doesn't give the option if you are over your limit. For this I'm grateful. The only time I want a workaround is when it is clearly a baby registry item that wasn't given a gift receipt.
Meh. The TL will come over and do a “Make it right return”

what do you honestly use guest service or any training mode for?
training mode was added because WIC certification in some states required it
training mode
Training mode won’t even let you pay though.
The benefit for AP was it printed a receipt with item info and grand total.

It seems it will accept a card but someone lost all my dummy test materials and the payment as cash doesn’t work in Training mode (likely because of the K1 scam but (a) training mode in Classic POS still let you pay as cash but would not pop open the cash drawer and (b) you’d presumably never be in Training Mode without a trainer there) — so it’s useless anyway.

Oh, turns out not being able to Post Void returns is intentional by Corporate, for some god forsaken dumb reason. It says on Workbench, and I quote:

“TMs can no longer post void a return. Always ask the guest how they would like their refund before processing.”

Talk about dumb. Yeah, we ALWAYS do ask, but sometimes mistakes happen or the guest changes their mind.

@Amanda Cantwell

Training mode won’t even let you pay though.
The benefit for AP was it printed a receipt with item info and grand total.

It seems it will accept a card but someone lost all my dummy test materials and the payment as cash doesn’t work in Training mode (likely because of the K1 scam but (a) training mode in Classic POS still let you pay as cash but would not pop open the cash drawer and (b) you’d presumably never be in Training Mode without a trainer there) — so it’s useless anyway.

you can do “cash” payments in training mode. that is in fact how you get the receipt to print.

Oh, turns out not being able to Post Void returns is intentional by Corporate, for some god forsaken dumb reason. It says on Workbench, and I quote:

“TMs can no longer post void a return. Always ask the guest how they would like their refund before processing.”

Talk about dumb. Yeah, we ALWAYS do ask, but sometimes mistakes happen or the guest changes their mind.

@Amanda Cantwell
thats Bad. They need to fix that asap.

We had an issue with a gift registry barcode saying “gift registry not found”. A TL is able to override this with Make It Right Return, gift registry limit reached/issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back