MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
changed it by doing the math and figuring out the difference but this seems like a flaw and should be fixed.
Also intentional. When wrong price rolled out, the option for new price was included but removed after 2 weeks in January. I think the difference showed up in price change in stead of the price it was adjusted to. Only %, $ off.
I want a workaround is when it is clearly a baby registry item that wasn't given a gift receipt
Baby registry return barcode in their registry account. Make sure they select the correct store or the barcode won't work. It will also return items not on the registry.

Also intentional. When wrong price rolled out, the option for new price was included but removed after 2 weeks in January. I think the difference showed up in price change in stead of the price it was adjusted to. Only %, $ off.

Baby registry return barcode in their registry account. Make sure they select the correct store or the barcode won't work. It will also return items not on the registry.

But why the change for wrong price? I don't understand why it's intentional for me to have to do math, mental or otherwise to do a price adjustment based on a wrong shelf tag. Do we not want salesfloor TMS to check wrong prices?

you can do “cash” payments in training mode. that is in fact how you get the receipt to print.
I’ll try again today. Tried it a few weeks back and while the cash option for payment exists, it’s greyed out. Or was when I tried.

Update to a post I made two weeks ago, on features that weren't/aren't on New POS, now that Classic POS is officially dead for almost all of us. Link to the original. MEGATHREAD - New POS - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/new-pos.26429/page-37#post-640379
  • Requisition - Moved to myDay.
  • EJ Viewer (No longer on Classic POS) - The new Receipt Viewer will come to New POS.
  • Paid and Left - Not coming to New POS.
  • Pay-Out
    • Vending Refund - Unknown.
  • NSF Payments - Not coming to New POS. No longer accepted in-store.
  • Exchange/Sell Items - On the way, unknown when it will release.
  • Target Print Ad Match - Unknown, but not needed as you can use Fix a Mistake Wrong Price.
  • Post Void
    • Return Receipt - Unknown.
  • Gift Receipt - Can't print Gift Receipt from another store or Online order (OPU, Shipping, etc...), Unknown.
  • Fix a Mistake
    • Missed Coupon - Unknown, but not needed as you can use Fix a Mistake Wrong Price.
    • Missed Discount (No longer on Classic POS) - Unknown. Can Post Void and re-ring up the transaction as a workaround or Give a GiftCard if difference is more than $5.00
    • Wrong Payment - On the way, unknown when it will release. Can Post Void and re-ring up the transaction as a workaround.
  • Help Menu/Additional Assistance - Unknown if more help options will be added, as only a very small selection is available.
  • Inquiry
    • Item Price Inquiry - On the way, unknown when it will release.
  • Suspend Transaction
    • Return Suspension - Unknown.
  • No Receipt Return
    • "Ask guest to insert most used card" - Unknown.
  • Cash transactions over $10,000 - Unknown.

Everything else I believe has been added. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Follow-up. Cash transactions over $10K will prompt for an License, Passport, Social Security, or some other form of ID. And as is known and we all hate, Return Post-Voids aren’t coming because corporate lives in la-la-land where nothing ever goes wrong.

Even so, there’s still a lot more things on Classic that aren’t on New POS and haven’t been confirmed to be coming or not coming.

^^ for example, a guest returned a gift using her ID bc there was no gift receipt. She got $40 back. She was on the phone with the gift giver and was told he paid $80 for the item. She wanted to get the item back after the fact. So what could’ve been possible is no longer possible and we had to get a TL involved to Make it Right because apparently GS TMs can decide HOW to make it right but can’t actually DO it.

TL involved to Make it Right because apparently GS TMs can decide HOW to make it right but can’t actually DO it.
I know this is supposed to kinda be sarcastic but if we're being honest this is what spot wants lol. They want TMs to do most of the work then have a TL confirm and throw their code in.

^^ for example, a guest returned a gift using her ID bc there was no gift receipt. She got $40 back. She was on the phone with the gift giver and was told he paid $80 for the item. She wanted to get the item back after the fact. So what could’ve been possible is no longer possible and we had to get a TL involved to Make it Right because apparently GS TMs can decide HOW to make it right but can’t actually DO it.
Just have her repurchase it for $40 with the gift card that was given to her.

they're not coming back due to legal/card processing issues but corp is looking into workarounds-- they understand we need something like it
I don’t see why they can't just delay processing the refund with the card issuing bank and allow a couple of hours for “modification” to the return before its finalized and the refund is posted to the bank for processing

I don’t see why they can't just delay processing the refund with the card issuing bank and allow a couple of hours for “modification” to the return before its finalized and the refund is posted to the bank for processing
such an easy solution. have a 15 min timer before they send it off to finalize.

EDIT: This could cause some unintentional issues if the processing is done @ stores directly. In the event of a power outage, it could cause problems. Unless they modify the servers at processing.

Last edited:
If the registers could recognize visa/MasterCard gift cards and warn us before finalizing a return, that would be awesome. Not sure if that's a possibility. I always tell people to keep those things just in case.
It’s hard bc they’re just run as normal Visa cards. Target would have to compile a list of all BIN (bank id number, first 8 digits of CC) of all the GCs and I don’t know if that’s possible

Also side note. i had to post void a transaction yesterday for a guest and it was complaining that it was done on another register….. the register was self checkout. i literally had to open the guest service app on the self checkout and post void it there.
Did they pay with cash? I think the old POS would print out a money transfer and you would have to grab the cash from the original drawer after post voiding.

Did they pay with cash? I think the old POS would print out a money transfer and you would have to grab the cash from the original drawer after post voiding.
nope. They bought food stuff with their debit card but meant to buy it with their EBT card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back