MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

azure

Service Advocate
The new system sucks. Whoever is making this needs to fix it up. Clearly you guys don’t work in the stores so you guys don’t understand what the system really needs. First you need to fix it’s speed. This system is so slow it’s impressive honestly. It shouldn’t take 2 minutes just to load the basic scan page. It also shouldn’t take 2 minutes to close a register. I don’t know how you guys managed to make the system so slow but it’s terrible. Make it so if the register has a check lane number then it automatically loads the checkout app instead of going to the Home Screen. If an item is scanned like strawberries or raspberries it should never ask how many there are. Waste of time clicking 1 ever single time. Make it so banking is part of the checkout, service desk, and Starbucks app. What I mean by this is make it so you can request money and add money in those apps. You can keep the banking app for more in depth money things. Add a “close register” button to the main login screen. Make it so you don’t have to wait in between scanning items with the hand scanner. Add the keyboard back. Make it so you can use the system without the touch screen. Add a setting or something that allows you to use the keyboard instead of the touchscreen or both. It’s 2x faster using the keyboard. Once the funds get changed add a screen that says the register is closed so people know not to use it. This new system should be exactly like the old system just a different UI and a different format. The old system might be messy but in my opinion it’s 100x better then this new one. So much needs to get fixed. Make it so you can remove target circle once it’s added. Please stop adding this system to all the registers. Just because it’s functional doesn’t mean it should be used. Also make it so different team members have different statuses on the register.Service desk and managers should get access to everything like they did with the old system and regular cashiers should be a bit more restricted. Obviously cashiers that have worked for a while should also get that advanced status. Too many problems are going to happen because a team member did something on accident. Cashiers don’t have my devices or walkies so they can’t check price matches. There should also be a way for cashiers to request items. For example if the cashier hit help and pressed item needed then a search bar would come up for the cashier to search the item. Then once they find the item and request it all the team members will get a notification on there mydevice saying that this register needs the item and it keeps requesting until someone says they will grab it for them.

Problem idea: There should also be a admin app that can reload other registers and do everything that the csc can do. Every register should also have like a support section that explains how to fix every problem. Too many problems can only be fixed by calling the csc and having someone come out. There should be a smart guide that has all the problems and explains how to fix all the problems. The help system could be used to fix other registers. It’s not hard to switch a motherboard or hard drive if there are detailed instructions. Stores should also have all the parts of a register in case something breaks. Team members could go to the help guide to see how to fix the problem then see how to do each step.

Slow scanning fix: Lift up the scale from the handle on the back and unplug the far left cord which is the power cord and plug it back in. After a minute of the scale starting back up it will be back on and will scan fast again.

Last edited:
Yeah new POS sucks, we had to roll back a couple of our registers to old POS because guest wait time was going up.

I agree with you on the speed thing and a bit of the need for keyboard but everything else, not really. Produce quantities are annoying but they ensure accuracy. No need to restrict anyone in the ability to help guests. Yes mistakes happen and they happened on the old pos as well. Every team member in your building is there to help guests. They need access to things that enable them to do that. If certain TMs are abusing things there that’s APs problem. The rest sound like just issues at your store only. At least SCO should have a device and walkie and be close by if needed. Most other minor price matches your team really shouldn’t waste a lot of time on.. just do it. A lot of it also sounds like you don’t trust your team or other team members.

It looks like a gazillion times better but I will agree it is so god awful slow. I hate how when you scan something too fast it does that little beep boop boop sound Especially when working with paying with gift cards. I truly don't understand why Target always rebuilds something from the ground up. I get why they redesigned it. It's because the guest can see it and it looked so bad lol. But that's fine but keep the same speed features with the keyboard and speed scanning. 10/10. Also, something useful would just be if a supervisor is logged in to have a restart button available. Also, keep all of the features. Only ADD features like the discounts button there have been instances where I have used that because I can't change the price because it's a prepaid phone, or a receipt didn't print a code needed and requisitioning it didn't work.

Yes!

I would definitely appreciate a way to know the register hasn’t been used. Really annoying to have to open every single register at closing because the screen doesn’t show it ala the old POS nor does it print out on the closing checklist.

Also the underage alcohol workaround is just so clunky and slow.

Does anyone know how long the new POS keeps you logged in? It seems like a really long time.

When closing, make a speed ID, which you can do in the guest service app. I'm not sure why it isn't in the banking app. Touch the three line button to get the menu to print one. It saves time. You still have to type in your pin.

Target HQ - BRING BACK THE KEYBOARD FUNCTIONALITY!!!!
Also, please give us a way to know which registers were actually unused. It would save me so much time and I could get on to things like doing reshop, push, or whatever the closing TL wants me to do

Add the keyboard back. Make it so you can use the system without the touch screen.
they will not be doing this as the long term plan is to replace the physical registers with just the elo touch screens, they simply havent removed keyboards yet for $$ reasons
Once the funds get changed add a screen that says the register is closed so people know not to use it.
they are explicitly designed so that you can use them after you replace the start funds. new pos registers do not "close", they are always available for use.
Make it so you can remove target circle once it’s added.
why
Please stop adding this system to all the registers.
too late, goal is 100% by the end of q2 iirc
Also make it so different team members have different statuses on the register.Service desk and managers should get access to everything like they did with the old system and regular cashiers should be a bit more restricted.
why. it's better this way. it was specifically designed this way to reduce guest wait time and align with guest advocate empowerment and making it right for the guest
Too many problems are going to happen because a team member did something on accident. Cashiers don’t have my devices or walkies so they can’t check price matches.
that's why you make it right for the guest and key it as a sign/label error so that it creates a price audit that has to be verified...
For example if the cashier hit help and pressed item needed then a search bar would come up for the cashier to search the item. Then once they find the item and request it all the team members will get a notification on there mydevice saying that this register needs the item and it keeps requesting until someone says they will grab it for them.
truly a wild idea considering how empty of team members the salesfloor is half the time
Problem idea: There should also be a admin app that can reload other registers and do everything that the csc can do. Every register should also have like a support section that explains how to fix every problem. Too many problems can only be fixed by calling the csc and having someone come out. There should be a smart guide that has all the problems and explains how to fix all the problems. The help system could be used to fix other registers. It’s not hard to switch a motherboard or hard drive if there are detailed instructions. Stores should also have all the parts of a register in case something breaks. Team members could go to the help guide to see how to fix the problem then see how to do each step.
are you fucking kidding lmfaooo

they will not be doing this as the long term plan is to replace the physical registers with just the elo touch screens, they simply havent removed keyboards yet for $$ reasons
Keyboards are way faster then the touch screens. Doesn’t make sense to remove them.

they are explicitly designed so that you can use them after you replace the start funds. new pos registers do not "close", they are always available for use.
pretty sure it messes up the cash office if someone pays cash after the funds are changed

If they forgot to save a offer or add their payment and you scanned their target circle the only way to fix it is rescan everything

too late, goal is 100% by the end of q2 iirc
that sucks

why. it's better this way. it was specifically designed this way to reduce guest wait time and align with guest advocate empowerment and making it right for the guest
I’m not saying like everything should require help but things like requisition and extreme price adjustments should require a managers approval

that's why you make it right for the guest and key it as a sign/label error so that it creates a price audit that has to be verified...
But for price matches

truly a wild idea considering how empty of team members the salesfloor is half the time
good point

are you fucking kidding lmfaooo
There should be a way for team members to fix the register problems. If the monitor is getting power but not showing anything then either the cord is loose/broken or the graphics card is broken. Most likely would just be that the cord came undone. People shouldn’t be calling the csc to have someone literally unscrew the monitor take off the cord cover and plug it back in. The csc also say the worst solutions like unplugging it or something that never fix it.

You seem like your from corporate so you guys should also not have us switch the self checkout funds everyday it’s a waste of time. Just have us do it like once a week or something.

Keyboards are way faster then the touch screens. Doesn’t make sense to remove them.
i agree but what's done is done
pretty sure it messes up the cash office if someone pays cash after the funds are changed
it does not. literally the guidance from hq and best practice is to change the start funds and then the register is still available for use, same with self checkout. registers on flux (new pos) and esco do not "close" and should not be considered closed
If they forgot to save a offer or add their payment and you scanned their target circle the only way to fix it is rescan everything
no, you just scan their wallet barcode again
I’m not saying like everything should require help but things like requisition and extreme price adjustments should require a managers approval
requisition does not exist on new pos yet so it's unclear what form it will take and "extreme price adjustments" (like someone wanting a $300 crib for $50 or whatever) should always result in a request for help/turning on your light anyway
But for price matches
make it right for the guest!!
There should be a way for team members to fix the register problems. If the monitor is getting power but not showing anything then either the cord is loose/broken or the graphics card is broken. Most likely would just be that the cord came undone. People shouldn’t be calling the csc to have someone literally unscrew the monitor take off the cord cover and plug it back in. The csc also say the worst solutions like unplugging it or something that never fix it.
team members are not technicians and should not be doing anything without the partnership of csc. there are a bunch of troubleshooting steps i do (for instance fixing handscanners on sco by unplugging & replugging the scanner and then using the reset scanner option) that i only do because i know csc will ask me to do them when i call. but team members aren't technicians, are not trained to be, and expecting them to go and look at a register and see if the graphics card or whatever isn't seated properly in the motherboard is absolutely wack. at most that should be a pml thing
You seem like your from corporate so you guys should also not have us switch the self checkout funds everyday it’s a waste of time. Just have us do it like once a week or something.
i'm a team lead, and you can't talk about how using a register after you replenish the start funds might mess up cash office then also make this suggestion which would be even worse

it does not. literally the guidance from hq and best practice is to change the start funds and then the register is still available for use, same with self checkout. registers on flux (new pos) and esco do not "close" and should not be considered closed
Out of curiosity, how does this make sense? For instance, you could close most of the registers at 9pm, but then maybe you get some rushes and one of them gets used for like an hour straight. Do you collect the money a second time? If not, aren't you sort of combining different sales days?

Out of curiosity, how does this make sense? For instance, you could close most of the registers at 9pm, but then maybe you get some rushes and one of them gets used for like an hour straight. Do you collect the money a second time? If not, aren't you sort of combining different sales days?
you do not collect the money a second time (since then there would be no start funds), and it it literally does not matter, since all of the cash will eventually balance when everything is deposited after processing. as long as the final total in any given reporting period is accurate that's all that matters (and it always will be unless you are taking counterfeits/have theft problems/literally losing money)

you do not collect the money a second time (since then there would be no start funds), and it it literally does not matter, since all of the cash will eventually balance when everything is deposited after processing. as long as the final total in any given reporting period is accurate that's all that matters (and it always will be unless you are taking counterfeits/have theft problems/literally losing money)
By "reporting period", you mean something longer than 1 day, right? In my previous example, days 1 and 2 should balance out, but individually the days would be off by a little bit.

i'm a team lead, and you can't talk about how using a register after you replenish the start funds might mess up cash office then also make this suggestion which would be even worse
No I’m saying corporate should redo it and have all stores switch the funds in self checkouts weekly instead of daily. Those things are vaults only way to get in is with the keys. We have 16 self checkouts. It takes like 45 minutes for a team member to close 8 of them. That’s 1.5 hours for all of them each night. Plus like an hour in the CO counting it and getting new funds ready. That’s 2.5 hours daily. Or about 37.5 dollars at 15 an hour. By only switching it weekly we would save $225 a week. The chance for a team member to take money would decrease by 85%. We would save over 11k each year. Say some money did somehow go missing. All AP would have to do is watch when the lock part is opened on the cameras which is logged and when the funds were switched to see who took it. So much time would be saved. The chance a mistake happens also decreases by 85% because you don’t do it as much.

this thing you are suggesting leads to full & jammed cash acceptors and empty cash cassettes within a day or two. the system that exists now not only works fine it is in the best interest of team members and guests

The two changes I think that corporate should make is speed scanning instead of listening to that dreaded beeps. Also, I am an electronics TM. We have to sign in after every transaction which is fine with our old POS but with the new one, I have no how they expect us to go through guests unless they keep us signed in.

Something that would be as good is to just show a popup saying verify your password but to make it quick not to fully re-login and fully go into checking out and wait for it to load.

The two changes I think that corporate should make is speed scanning instead of listening to that dreaded beeps.
a million times this. This needs to be fixed before it’s rolled out.

say what you will about old pos, but you could hit a bunch of buttons in a sequence and it would do it, even if the screen was slow to load. Super helpful at GS where we’re constantly doing sequences

requisition does not exist on new pos yet so it's unclear what form it will take and "extreme price adjustments" (like someone wanting a $300 crib for $50 or whatever) should always result in a request for help/turning on your light anyway
It kinda does? It's in a really weird way. In the guest services app you can requisition a gift card.

a million times this. This needs to be fixed before it’s rolled out.

say what you will about old pos, but you could hit a bunch of buttons in a sequence and it would do it, even if the screen was slow to load. Super helpful at GS where we’re constantly doing sequences
Exactly I can do a return including defecting out or printing a label if needed in the time it takes to just sign in on the new system. I literally have all the sequences memorized. Gonna suck once they make it touch screen. I’m gonna make sure our etl lets us stay on the old system. The new one sucks so badly. It’s going to be even worse for guest services. I can already imagine how much noise the hand scanners are going to make when returning to fast. God I wish they would just keep the same system for guest services. I don’t care how ugly or complicated it is. It takes 2 weeks to figure out and you can do anything you need in seconds. It might take a little bit to learn but it’s easily worth the time because you can go so fast once you know it. You can literally do a return in 3 seconds. All they should had done is made the old system look nicer for the check lanes. I hope guest services stays complicated because there are so many situations that the system needs to be able to do everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back