MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had optical or cvs convert to the new POS. I'm wondering how the start funds will work

The last one I remember them adding was the suspending feature and since then they never added anything to the change log :/.

The main manager at marketsource got a login but not the other rep? Is there a signup thing they have to do or does it go through them?

The last one I remember them adding was the suspending feature and since then they never added anything to the change log :/.
they add and update stuff every couple of weeks, just not updating the changelog
The main manager at marketsource got a login but not the other rep? Is there a signup thing they have to do or does it go through them?
it goes through hr, it's a backend thing

We had the failure too, we could only take cash and check for like an hour and a half.

I didn't answer any fast service calls during this period for obvious reasons.

gonna take this thread out the grave. they updated the electronics registers with the beta GS app but it still can't do it all lol. Really do wish they added default apps to the registers though. Like starbucks auto opens startbucks on login etc. This is probably going to be the last full month with the old pos.

its really user-friendly but I actually really needed the ability to override something the other day.
It’s fine when it loads up, but it’s not been improved at all yet. Don’t expect it to be very functional for quite some time as I know my store is piloting it and not giving much feedback because nobody is using it. We’re using the older system just because it’s fully functional and loads quicker. We just don’t have the time to wait forever to log into the damn app, not to mention when someone needs to make an exchange and we have to refund completely, click on in store checkout, wait another minute, then ring them up again, then switch back to guest services app and wait another minute for that to load. The load time on this new system is absolute crap and embarrassing for such a large and profitable company

Not to mention the fact that when Becky wants to return her last months worth of crap without her receipt, we have to look it up on the card and do every single piece individually because the system can’t pull everything from the card at once. Nothing is quite as absurd as telling someone to insert their card 12 times to do their return. Especially when they have to insert it again if it’s a debit card. I’ve had a lot of guests very uncomfortable with that considering our past issue of having our system hacked.

the thing is at least they have a lot more room to improve this system compared to the old one. Something I noticed is that when I manually typed a receipt is it didn’t ask for the VCD. I feel like if done right these little things are going to start to add up.

It’s fine when it loads up, but it’s not been improved at all yet. Don’t expect it to be very functional for quite some time as I know my store is piloting it and not giving much feedback because nobody is using it. We’re using the older system just because it’s fully functional and loads quicker. We just don’t have the time to wait forever to log into the damn app, not to mention when someone needs to make an exchange and we have to refund completely, click on in store checkout, wait another minute, then ring them up again, then switch back to guest services app and wait another minute for that to load. The load time on this new system is absolute crap and embarrassing for such a large and profitable company
100% agree why tf is it so slow?!? I think it is a bit faster now but they need to have all the apps in a side menu that we can just instantly go to that app instead of hitting home…waiting…then the app we want. It would make more sense to have the app load to the work center for that register (like everyone is saying) and allow us to switch with a little app menu on the side. I mean come on how have they not done this yet?!

100% agree why tf is it so slow?!? I think it is a bit faster now but they need to have all the apps in a side menu that we can just instantly go to that app instead of hitting home…waiting…then the app we want. It would make more sense to have the app load to the work center for that register (like everyone is saying) and allow us to switch with a little app menu on the side. I mean come on how have they not done this yet?!
Rule number one of software development is you don’t optimize or refine something until you are finished building it. You always get it working first before you focus on those types of things

It's always so awkward going up for backup. People are happy that a new line has finally opened, and they're anxious to checkout. But I have to apologize to them every time for the system taking so long to login.

Thank god we still have one register with the old system in electronics, and it doesn't bring up that Target Circle prompt every time :rolleyes:

^^ It still does on the keypad even though you can cancel it out by hitting enter.

It's always so awkward going up for backup. People are happy that a new line has finally opened, and they're anxious to checkout. But I have to apologize to them every time for the system taking so long to login.

Thank god we still have one register with the old system in electronics, and it doesn't bring up that Target Circle prompt every time :rolleyes:
The login time has to be filled with chatter or it's really awkward. People who back up may not be used to it but it's a good skill to have. Starting with an apology makes us seem incompetent. I mean we kind of are when it comes to IT issues...but still :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back