Archived New Red Card rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
I've heard that there are going to be some big changes going on....that the "red card" prompts are going to go away.....stopping the whole "conversion" cycle.....and red card goals are going to be set-up on a store-by-store basis.

Anyone else hear similar things?

Last night, my STL, who was closing LOD, had a post-closing huddle to let us closing TMs know about some of the changes coming up. Apparently, they're gonna score each store by the number of REDCards they get each week and have a threshold they need to meet every day, week, and/or month to get a good score (so if your store gets a lot more REDCards than predicted on one day, the rest of the week won't be as tough, and vise versa). He said that starting Sunday (Feb 1), there won't be anymore prompts about trying to sign people up for the REDCards either, so I assume that some (if not all) of the changes will start around that time.

Edit: The stickied AE2015 thread seems to be the main place to talk about this as well as the other changes coming this year. So, I'm thinking this might get merged with that and/or the main REDCard thread in I'm Lost!

Grr. I specifically asked my ETL about this last week. And he denied it, saying no way they would reinvent the wheel. I have no idea if he honestly didn't know or was lying to me.

FYI - Goal charts are on Workbench under Store Reports. We're an A-Volume Super and our weekly goal is 64 from now until June.

Up until a few weeks ago 64 would have been a breeze. - January has been really bad for getting redcards, we have been about 30-34 a week. Which means we still have to hold a candle under cashier's butts to get them.

Heh, 40 redcards? Yesterday we got 3. Today we are at 4 lol. I wonder what my store's goals are going to be...

Got 11 today on my GSA shift, no clue if closer kept that pace going though.

The prompts might go away but I know at my store for example they set goals like one day they will say okay electronics you get this many and front lanes you must get this many. It is sometimes easy in electronics but sometimes it isn't........ Not everyone wants a redcard everyday.

I worked yesterday (2/1) and prompts were still on. No word about the changes.

Worked today, I think the prompts were off but I didn't get any high cash transactions. I was told we have a 12 RC/day goal (which matches up with the weekly/monthly goal) but when I asked about conversion going away the GSA just shrugged. No one likes to tell the front end ANYTHING at my store so I suspect they're just gonna pretend it's business as usual considering I got talked to about my conversion this morning.

I think it is idiotic for corporate to do this kind of thing during the slowest time of year. Id love to see them try to get people to sign up for Redcards and see how people react when they think we can not take no for an answer!

Our goal is 44 a week. When I left today, we only had 5 for the week so far lol

I think it is idiotic for corporate to do this kind of thing during the slowest time of year. Id love to see them try to get people to sign up for Redcards and see how people react when they think we can not take no for an answer!

no... it's not idiotic. it's more realistic because they take your 52 week avg and make that your store goal until 3rd Q when they reassess goals. So they take the slow time of the year, Q1 and Q2 into account as well as Q3 and Q4. Obviously in any sort of business your are going to try and improve and get better. They took EVERY stores 52 week avg, increased it by 1 as the goal. some stores i know only need 3 red cards per day because they sucked. some stores need 70 per week.

We have to get 70 a week. That is a joke. More stress, more hounding cashiers who whine - I'm trying but everyone has one..
Funny thing is though, I got 3 today, and I wasn't on the register much.. 3 of the 4 that we had when I left. I can almost guarantee that they won't get any more then one tonight (if that). 3 cashiers who don't care and a gstl who they don't like..
I have no clue how I got the three today.. I haven't gotten any in over 2 weeks

Prompts are definitely gone in my store at least. Everything else still seems to be the same though.

District sends us an updated chart every day with each store's weekly goal and how many applications they've gotten each day. It's really refreshing to see that we're not the only one's doing a piss poor job.

We have to get 70 a week. That is a joke. More stress, more hounding cashiers who whine - I'm trying but everyone has one..
Funny thing is though, I got 3 today, and I wasn't on the register much.. 3 of the 4 that we had when I left. I can almost guarantee that they won't get any more then one tonight (if that). 3 cashiers who don't care and a gstl who they don't like..
I have no clue how I got the three today.. I haven't gotten any in over 2 weeks
I do understand getting people to sign up for Redcards is part of the job... but if people do not want a f*cking Redcard.... they don't want a f*cking Redcard! Guests are so tired of being asked, I can officially say I no longer care if people sign up or not. Yes I will continue to ask and educate people about the card but if they want it alright and if not alright.... it does not matter to me anymore.

Glad they are gone ,, reds cards are what they are hit and miss really, more debit would happen if they could put the routing # in on key pad them selves people do not have checks and dont want to be bothered ..credit no way people want that and let's be real most are low limits so they max it out and don't use it until its down so we lose $$$ anyway .but that's just another smart idea from a # in the system with no brain .

How can people say that redcards are hit of miss and that guests don't want them? I know it's hard and you aren't going to have people fall at your feet asking for one, well maybe once in a while).

Many cashiers at my store say it's all luck, but if it's all luck then why is it that most of the redcards are gotten by the better salespeople (cashiers)

It's all in your pitch, your knowledge of how the card works and how persuasive you can be. If you haven't gotten one in approximately 75 transactions then you need to revamp your pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back