Archived New SCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
this would be true if the jobs had been there to begin with

There was a time a few months ago where on Saturdays and Sundays we would be so slammed; I would have every register and 3 GS open and we would still have a line from the front end down to market. We added an extra GS register and 4 SCO's and all of a sudden those lines don't happen anymore. The amount of complaining I heard while people would be Queing to get to be placed at a register was astounding even though the lines were extremely fluid and would diminish pretty quickly. Now I'll get the one guest who decided they don't want to use SCO; guess what... If I have 4 SCo's and you don't decide on going to a SCO I am not calling for back up just for your ass to be a pain in mine.

There was a time a few months ago where on Saturdays and Sundays we would be so slammed; I would have every register and 3 GS open and we would still have a line from the front end down to market. We added an extra GS register and 4 SCO's and all of a sudden those lines don't happen anymore. The amount of complaining I heard while people would be Queing to get to be placed at a register was astounding even though the lines were extremely fluid and would diminish pretty quickly. Now I'll get the one guest who decided they don't want to use SCO; guess what... If I have 4 SCo's and you don't decide on going to a SCO I am not calling for back up just for your ass to be a pain in mine.

If I've got SCOs available, I'm not calling for backup. End of story. Sorry Susan, but it's 2018. Learn how to use self checkout.

I’ve found the negative stigma from SCO is places like Walmart and local grocery stores that have the software target used to have where you got “unexpected item in bagging area” every two seconds so more often than not if someone gives me the “ehhh idk I hate those things they never work” I tell them we’ll target has updated them and I can give you hand and show you that they’re not as bad as you think. They typically end up leaving saying “wow that was way easier than I thought”

I’ve heard about the registers that double as SCO. Never seen them before, though. How neat, wish my store had these
Richmond (Texas) Store has them. Quite nifty IMHO. I’m fact the picture looks exactly like the store...

I’ve found the negative stigma from SCO is places like Walmart and local grocery stores that have the software target used to have where you got “unexpected item in bagging area” every two seconds so more often than not if someone gives me the “ehhh idk I hate those things they never work” I tell them we’ll target has updated them and I can give you hand and show you that they’re not as bad as you think. They typically end up leaving saying “wow that was way easier than I thought”
Yeah I’ve had many people come up and say after that our SCOs are the best and easiest to use. Can’t disagree. Since the update they’re pretty good

Anyone here get the new SCO that they’re putting in ULV stores and replaceing the express registers? They look weird and I’ve heard some bad things about them.

Oooh, looks Helvetica af.

OMG, I went to our local grocery store a couple weeks ago and the SCO made me homicidal. I didn't have the unexpected item BS because I was buying, like, 2 things but the checkout process took for fucking ever. Click ready to pay. Click that YES I CHECKED MY FUCKING BASKET. Click debit/credit payment method. "Please use pinpad to complete transaction." Now I have to insert my payment card like some kind of neanderthal and type in my pin. Click that I don't want cash back. Click that the amount is correct. Click another 9 things i can't even remember and CAN I JUST GET MY FUCKING RECEIPT AND GET OUT OF HERE ALREADY I'M GOING TO DIE OF OLD AGE BEFORE I GET MY BREAD HOME TO MY FAMILY. JESUS.

I think the cash drawer at SCO is a bad idea--there's no reason not to have the automatic change dispensers, but I'll take Target's SCO over all others any day of the week.

Click another 9 things i can't even remember

A local grocery store here has surveys on the card reader.
Was your cashier friendly? (Uh, I'm in SCO, of course I was!)
Did you find everyything you were looking for? (No bag filled with a million dollars, so nope).
Was the store clean? (hahahahaha)
etc...

A local grocery store here has surveys on the card reader.
Was your cashier friendly? (Uh, I'm in SCO, of course I was!)
Did you find everyything you were looking for? (No bag filled with a million dollars, so nope).
Was the store clean? (hahahahaha)
etc...
Meijer? I always let them time out and don't answer them.

Meijer? I always let them time out and don't answer them.

Yep.

And I'm a little mad. They added a second bank of SCO on the hardlines side, but they took away the large-order SCOs that were on the grocery side. But I still use SCO, no matter how much stuff I have, and I still get through faster than if I went to a manned lane.

Same at mine. If it's not super busy, I still use them. I had the most sour, unpleasant cashier the first time I went after the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back