Archived New SCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
Anyone here get the new SCO that they’re putting in ULV stores and replaceing the express registers? They look weird and I’ve heard some bad things about them.

Attachments

• 223C41AC-648B-456F-8182-4B9C87654FB4.jpeg
    223C41AC-648B-456F-8182-4B9C87654FB4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 543
I like the stands. The start screen looks the same as what I have in my store. What sort of bad things are you hearing?

I like the stands. The start screen looks the same as what I have in my store. What sort of bad things are you hearing?
The rest of it looks like a regular register, just deconstructed a little bit. Peep the receipt printer/check scanner, and wtf is that a cash drawer? "here's your change, plz don't grab extra money"

The rest of it looks like a regular register, just deconstructed a little bit. Peep the receipt printer/check scanner, and wtf is that a cash drawer? "here's your change, plz don't grab extra money"
Yeah that’s the weird part.... I did some research on workbench and if a guest selects they want to use cash a TM has to go over and make change for them.... kinda defeats the purpose of SCO

Wow, I didn't realize that was a cash drawer. But think about it. Cash is definitely falling by the wayside. Not gone completely, but nowhere near as prevalent. And to addresss it in the case of this SCO, they might actually put up signs that they are only for gift card or credit transactions with no cash back, but have a cash drawer as a back-up for the people who are too stupid to read.

The forms on workbench said they’re fully functional in terms of payments and target believes this will be “more convenient” for the guest. If you want to read about it search “target cash drawer” on workbench

Anyone here get the new SCO that they’re putting in ULV stores and replaceing the express registers? They look weird and I’ve heard some bad things about them.

223c41ac-648b-456f-8182-4b9c87654fb4-jpeg.5214

WAY too much red in that setup, it's like Spot wants the guests to be trampled by a stampede of angry bulls

I'm not liking the wood/metal vibe. A lot of other places have been remodeling their stores and I keep seeing heavy use of wood and metal.

Attachments

• 01_Pizza-Hut_horz.jpg
    01_Pizza-Hut_horz.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Starbucks-Indianapolis-4-1260x840.jpg
    Starbucks-Indianapolis-4-1260x840.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 85
  • taco bell.png
    taco bell.png
    877 KB · Views: 80
  • Omaha-0714.jpg
    Omaha-0714.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 75
0C90E2CF-C759-492A-BBAE-DAC286501252.jpeg

Why is there a conterfeit bill scanner what guest is gonna be like “oh darn my bill won’t pass looks like I can’t use it”
The bill scanner is for the cashier - you can’t use cash yourself at the new SCO, it automatically locks up if you select cash and calls the SCO attendant over, since there’s a literal cash drawer.

We have these at my store (B volume). They’ve been a pain. They have no flashing lights on the top so it’s kind of hard to see when someone needs help, so you have to watch all the time.

I’ve heard about the registers that double as SCO. Never seen them before, though. How neat, wish my store had these

My store's high volume and during our remodel we were accidentally sent these... What's even funnier is they didn't correct the situation, they just said eh' might as well use them. I haven't had any problems with them so far. I will say that I think it's kind of dumb to have a cash drawer on a SC no matter what the volume is for business. They're a pain in the ass to close down; you have to login then logout then login, and then type in your #'s a third time. It's a little redundant. The entire store loves them though, have only had those few guests that say "I'M NOT USING THAT IT'S TAKING JOBS". To which I reply sir/mam it actually created an entire position in our store here is so and so they would love to help you make your shopping trip here end faster... o.0

What I don't like is that the guest gets to request (well, demand) a cashier. Go wait in one of the long check out lanes if you
want a cashier!! If all 4 lanes did that, there is no way that 1 cashier should be stuck in that position. We know how hard it
is to get folks from the floor to help at the lanes as it is and that's assuming there is anyone on the floor to come up to help.
4 lanes needs 4 cashiers. Way too much running around and stress for the solo cashier that Target considers to be the bottom of the food chain.
Nope, don't like it, don't want it at my store!!

It's like they listened to the small minority of guests who cry and scream about SCO and decided this was a good idea, even though the vast majority of guests like not having to interact with a TM when they check out.

I also see a lot of the same mistakes that were made with IGS being made with the fiaSCOs.

cashier mode and a cash drawer on a SCO is like a plane having cockpit instruments on the back of each passenger seat

Wow, I didn't realize that was a cash drawer. But think about it. Cash is definitely falling by the wayside. Not gone completely, but nowhere near as prevalent. And to addresss it in the case of this SCO, they might actually put up signs that they are only for gift card or credit transactions with no cash back, but have a cash drawer as a back-up for the people who are too stupid to read.
I always work SCO and I’d say 1/3 of the transactions involve paying with cash. And another 1/3 use a debit card and request cash back. Those drawers wouldn’t fly at my store. But I love the hangar bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back