Eliminating SCO

T120 Don't forget the fish decals in the windows, NRA stickers on the bumpers. Actually I despise hunting, all hunting. I enjoy fly fishing, I have Orvis equipment. Aren't rednecks supposed to use bass rods, bass boats. Don't they have empty PBR cans rattling around the bed of the F-150?
You're not going to pass as a redneck and will definitely pass as an extra in any Andy Griffith Show episode. You know way too much about coffee and cooking.

Yea, I know a lot of non manly stuff plus how to fly an airplane and reload 44 magnum ammo. Multi-Captain. Al Dente linguine and white clam sauce, quite nice.

The local Wegmans is eliminating self check out. Given the arrogance. entitlement and heavy Karen population I can only imagine the amount of theft that takes place. Any AP metrics re. SCO theft at T's?

Interesting. My local walmart is 100% sco. At my target, we have 5 SCOs. They are heavily watched by AP.

Interesting. My local walmart is 100% sco. At my target, we have 5 SCOs. They are heavily watched by AP.
Mine is like this too. I've seen SCO attendants helping vendors who didn't get a device to check their prices with - scanning and voiding items to help them, and AP was quick to come and ask wtf they were doing.

The introduction to SCO boosted store shrink levels anywhere from 20-30%. Aside from skip scanning, ticket switching is huge in this area as it impacts on hands and profit. The front end should be assigning their top people in this area to be proactive in their engagement and AP should be partnering with them on the regular. If that’s not happening I assure you thieves are having a field day

If a TM from a different dept. is using their phones for non-work, non-emergency purposes, I call them out. I call out everything. I'm sure everyone hates me. Wear your holster, wear your name tag, get to work, show a sense of urgency, why didn't you engage the 50 guests that walked by you, zone as you pick, etc etc etc. ENFORCE THE STANDARD! We're not paying you $16/hr to pick your nose!
Engaging the 50 guests tends to result in not getting any work done. Can I tell you I was too busy engaging guests to get any work done when nothing assigned to me gets completed? No?

Don't over-engage. The entitled semi unsatisfied Karen/Ken will kick you in the nuts for 25c off and throw you under their Range Rover.

The introduction to SCO boosted store shrink levels anywhere from 20-30%. Aside from skip scanning, ticket switching is huge in this area as it impacts on hands and profit. The front end should be assigning their top people in this area to be proactive in their engagement and AP should be partnering with them on the regular. If that’s not happening I assure you thieves are having a field day
We rarely have people assign at SCO because hours have been cut.

If you're smooth stealing at SCO is simple. Stupid shit idea to institute it in the first place.

They don't even have proper monitoring of the fitting rooms. Clearly they aren't all that concerned about theft.
I usually work front end in the evening but I think we just keep the fitting rooms locked and still have covid era signs about the safety of the guest and most guests assume that trying on anything isn't an option although if someone escalates it to the closing team leader they will have a fitting room unlocked for that guest.

So find a low priced item in a metal xontainer and shove it full of high priced small items.

Back