Archived New Shopping Carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe my store just got these new hybrid carts too! I went shopping after my shift on Wednesday and grabbed an abandoned cart and I was like, woah, this is so much easier to maneuver! It seems sturdier than the all plastic carts and the metal has a special finish on it. Me likey.
Are they the ones that were pictured in this thread or were they different? If so take pictures!

Those are literally just the old carts with grey paint over the metal to prevent ugly rust stains.
My PMT hasn't told me anything about new carts, since my store JUST got our metal ones replaced with the plastic carts last year, if they released these supposed hybrid carts tomorrow we wouldn't get them until 3 years from now at the earliest.

desktop-1469844099.png
Except the U-bar brace at the bottom has been removed.
That's a shame since it deterred most cart-surfers; not all but most.

I just hate the fact that we wind up with so many cars coming back on the sweeps trucks when they aren't allowed on either the plastic or metal recycling program

Dah fuq is a sweeps truck?
It's the truck that the store sends back to the dc with the cardboard bales metal recycling plastic etc etc, but we can not take/ recycle the carts because of the hard plastic

They are a vast improvement over the randomly broken/cracked/dirty assortment we've had these past few years. These look very nice all shiny & clean. They shoved all of the old ones down where our overflow carts live.

So at some point they realized that completely plastic carts weren't a good idea?

One of the original ideas, behind the new carts.. was to prevent or leave no damage even with a brisk or strong wind in the Parking Lots. And to be fair.. I think I remember hearing that Parking Lot claims were reduced.

I'm not sure why they are interested in getting rid of them now. I think the new ones just look ugly, and ruin what stood us apart from that Blue Store. We're supposed to be the innovative ones.

They should design a cart that won't roll unless a hand is gripping a brake release mechanism. Sure it will cost more but the reduced (eliminated?) liability should make it all worthwhile.

I like the maneuverability of the plastic ones (perfect for the cart escalator), the quietness of them (unless something gets stuck in a wheel of course, which is a rare occurrence), and the overall appearance/design. The other ones look a lot like our WMs' carts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't witnessed a broken cart yet. Handbaskets are most popular at my store, though.

I love how quiet they are, yes. They're so glidey.

That's not a good thing.

I keep having guests do that stupid shit they had on Buzzfeed a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back