Archived New Shopping Carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the new store I transferred to is one of the fews stores left that still has the old rickety shopping carts but, my STL told us that target was planning on redesigning the shopping carts again, and they were gonna be a hybrid cross between the old metal ones and newer plastic ones. Apparently the newer plastic ones are too light and easily blown around in parking lots, so they were coming out with new ones again. Has anybody else heard about this or is it just hearsay?

News to me but we did get new children's carts that are designed to stack.

Before I left my Fmbp mentioned something about this. He had a picture of a prototype the frame was plastic along with the wheels and handle the basket it self was metal

Before I left my Fmbp mentioned something about this. He had a picture of a prototype the frame was plastic along with the wheels and handle the basket it self was metal
Yeah that's how it was described to me as well. I didn't see a picture though. I just hope our store gets new carts soon I hate the metal ones

My store has them. They're much much closer to the old metal carts than to the plastic ones. My only issue with them is that they don't follow each other quite as well as the old metal ones when you're using the cart pusher (they cut the turns a little bit).

My store has them. They're much much closer to the old metal carts than to the plastic ones. My only issue with them is that they don't follow each other quite as well as the old metal ones when you're using the cart pusher (they cut the turns a little bit).
Can you get a pic?

Still plenty of room underneath for the 'cart-surfers'....

We have the plastic ones.
PMT has already patched up cracked stress points, the cart attendants have to use a cable with the pusher because they fishtail so much & kids are always riding on the bottom so we don't bother warning them any more.
Break a finger, lose a fingernail, get your hair caught - don't care.
Darwin at work.

I like the maneuverability of the plastic ones (perfect for the cart escalator), the quietness of them (unless something gets stuck in a wheel of course, which is a rare occurrence), and the overall appearance/design. The other ones look a lot like our WMs' carts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't witnessed a broken cart yet. Handbaskets are most popular at my store, though.

This actually isn't a new prototype. These carts have been around for almost 3 years.
If those are the carts definitely not. When I was told about them I was under the impression that they would be new prototypes. So much for that lol

We've got some new carts....just like the one pictured earlier in this thread. They are really nice...they do "glide like buttah..."

Those are literally just the old carts with grey paint over the metal to prevent ugly rust stains.
My PMT hasn't told me anything about new carts, since my store JUST got our metal ones replaced with the plastic carts last year, if they released these supposed hybrid carts tomorrow we wouldn't get them until 3 years from now at the earliest.

desktop-1469844099.png

I believe my store just got these new hybrid carts too! I went shopping after my shift on Wednesday and grabbed an abandoned cart and I was like, woah, this is so much easier to maneuver! It seems sturdier than the all plastic carts and the metal has a special finish on it. Me likey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back