Archived New Softlines TM Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started training in softlines this past week. I think I’m doing well, but I do have a few unanswered questions that I was hoping some of you could help me with.

1. What exactly is “zoning” and is there a specific process to doing it?
2. They’ve only scheduled me for morning shifts and early afternoon shifts for training, but I’m in school so my actual schedule is afternoon, evening and closing availability. I don’t know how to close?
3. To go along with the last question, if I’m only scheduled until 11pm instead of 11:30 do I get to leave right at 11 or do I stay after the store closes and leave all together?
4. My main question: they only trained me on register for like 15 minutes on the day of my orientation. Today i am scheduled as a cashier and I don’t believe it’s training? I don’t even know where to go when I get there or anything and I’m very nervous about it. What should I do?

I started training in softlines this past week. I think I’m doing well, but I do have a few unanswered questions that I was hoping some of you could help me with.

Going through every rack, tables, convertible making sure it's nicely folded, hanged according to style and size. Pick up everything off the ground.

*Some stores are pretty bad at this, so do your best while also trying to get through all departments your responsible for.

2. They’ve only scheduled me for morning shifts and early afternoon shifts for training, but I’m in school so my actual schedule is afternoon, evening and closing availability. I don’t know how to close?

Morning, they usually work on go backs. Closing is more responsible for zoning.

3. To go along with the last question, if I’m only scheduled until 11pm instead of 11:30 do I get to leave right at 11 or do I stay after the store closes and leave all together?

If your scheduled to leave at 11. You leave at 11.

4. My main question: they only trained me on register for like 15 minutes on the day of my orientation. Today i am scheduled as a cashier and I don’t believe it’s training? I don’t even know where to go when I get there or anything and I’m very nervous about it. What should I do?

Ask your GSA/GSTL to have one of the cashier watch you for a bit until you get the hang of it. Any issues just turn on your blinker.

At my store, when zoning, tables are #1 priority. The only thing that is of equal importance is getting stuff off the floor. Then the eyesores, like a dress from a different brand left on a rack of jeans, a green shirt left on a rack of red clothes, or clothes thrown over the bars. If you have time after that, get like clothes together and size the racks.

It's easier to size the racks when you are putting away reshop, and then once the tables and eyesores are gone touch up the areas that didn't get sized while putting away reshop.

Closing will have minimal staff, since the hours are needed in the mornings for the big projects. Reshop will have a big emphasis, since there really shouldn't be any left for the morning crew to deal with on top of the big projects. However zoning will also be very important, so the store looks nice for the morning guests.

Zoning is a process in making sure that the salesfloor is presentable. This is going to include making sure all the tables are folded, the clothes on the rack are in size order from XS – XXL, and make sure to FINGERSPACE. Fingerspacing is taking up the entire rack and making sure there is close to an even amount of space between each hanger. My leads always say that a zone is never zoned in softlines unless every rack is fingerspaced, including the back walls. If you can't get to fingerspacing every single rack, make sure the racetrack is at least fingerspaced. Depending on how strict the lead is that night, that may include the clearance racks being picked up.
Closing is fairly easy, although you get the pressure of making sure that there are ZERO go-backs in the fitting room. If you can't, as a lead told me, tomorrow is another day. If you can't maintain the fitting room to be cleared, make sure that you have everything ready for the morning team to be pushed out ASAP. The only other difference a closing shift has from a morning and mid shift is that you have to make announcements at 9:30, 9:45, and 10 ( or if you close at 11, 10:30, 10:45, and 11 )
You can leave once it is 11 PM. You don't have to wait for anyone. The only time you ever have to do that is if a Team Lead asks you to walk the store with them, but chances are, they don't ask Softlines unless you are a VM. They usually ask the next lead on duty, which is more than likely a GSTL.
When you get there, clock in and tell an LOD that you are there for the day. Find your GSTL for the day and ask which register to set up on, and BOOM. You're golden.

Congrats on getting the job !! Welcome to the Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back