New Sortation Centers

Fairly new processes. So generally with newer processes there won't be a structural day to day until everything is up an fully running (couple months). With that in mind everything will be new and each center is different but will have a common last mile concept to it. Everyone I've talked to enjoyed the switch from RDC to SC.

Don't work there but our store transitions over to the one in Dallas on the 9th. But basically seems like the sortation center is mostly just separating local area addresses so that the carriers can do pickups from the center and deliver them to the surrounding neighbor hoods, the rest is probably just loading UPS/FEDEX/USPS/ONTRAC trailers to be transported to respective hubs since I imagine the sorting process is all automated. I also think that Target is trying to be like amazon and get rid of using the carriers altogether maybe, so I imagine it will change rapidly in the future as more centers are created

Fairly new processes. So generally with newer processes there won't be a structural day to day until everything is up an fully running (couple months). With that in mind everything will be new and each center is different but will have a common last mile concept to it. Everyone I've talked to enjoyed the switch from RDC to SC.

Last edited:
Back