Archived New SrTL Hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrTLtattedup

SrTL Hardlines
Hey!

So I worked for Target for 4 years before started in hardlines went to electronics but was trained in everything so basically did whatever was needed. Became a HL TL before I left but it has since been almost 4 years since I was last working for target. I was just hired back on as a Senior Team Lead for hardlines. Since it's been a while I'm looking for advice or tips or updates since I left. And to know what I should be expecting as a Sr team lead this time. I was told I would mostly be LOD-ing and hardly anything else, since my store is so short on LOD's.

Welcome! You left? Now a srtl, not not etl? Hopefully, you got your degree. You should be an etl, since you left spot.

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to the Break Room.

Sr TLs at my store do 2 LOD shifts and 3 regular TL shifts. For example one Sr TL is the opening LOD on Mondays and Tuesdays and the rest of the week they do their normal TL duties (running the zone, helping guests, pushing clearance, etc.).

Yes I left Target a few years ago and pursued another management opportunity and now am coming back because I missed it. I have had a college degree, I'm planning on stepping up as an ETL when the chance comes. Hopefully that works out and I don't get stuck in senior team lead land.

Yes I left Target a few years ago and pursued another management opportunity and now am coming back because I missed it. I have had a college degree, I'm planning on stepping up as an ETL when the chance comes. Hopefully that works out and I don't get stuck in senior team lead land.

Best of luck to you. I'm not sure how many stores there are in your area, but just for the sake of anonymity, you may want to edit your location.

I'm a new-er Sr.TL for Hardlines. (In senior role for the past six weeks) I work two (occasionally three) LOD shifts a week (one close, weekend rotation and sometimes a weekday dayside shift). The rest of the week I am busy working clearance, writing sales floor and electronics schedule, in meetings, working FDC, or attempting to ptm some areas. PTM usually doesn't get done because I'm busy fixing issues all over the store.

I'm a new-er Sr.TL for Hardlines. (In senior role for the past six weeks) I work two (occasionally three) LOD shifts a week (one close, weekend rotation and sometimes a weekday dayside shift). The rest of the week I am busy working clearance, writing sales floor and electronics schedule, in meetings, working FDC, or attempting to ptm some areas. PTM usually doesn't get done because I'm busy fixing issues all over the store.

Does your pog team do all the sales planners? I'm training at a store where that's not the case but I think at my home store my pog team does do all of them. But in this case now I'm learning to plan that into my schedule im wondering how common that actually is across the board?

Does your pog team do all the sales planners? I'm training at a store where that's not the case but I think at my home store my pog team does do all of them. But in this case now I'm learning to plan that into my schedule im wondering how common that actually is across the board?

At both the stores I previously worked for the team leads did their own sales planners, and I'd typically put up the signing for it (usually they were to lazy to get it) .. or they'd delegate it to tms

Per Best Practice, the PTL is responsible for regular planograms and revisions. Salesfloor TLs are responsible for salesplanners and visual adjacencies. Some stores had issues with their salesfloor teams getting salesplanners set on time so they started having the presentation team do them as well. You should be doing your salesplanners, but if you don't have to then you've just been given a lot of extra time.

Some stores had issues with their salesfloor teams getting salesplanners set on time so they started having the presentation team do them as well.

See: ULV stores with only one TL over all of hardlines (and they're probably a SrTL).

Yes they do. I set some if I have endcaps that look awful or I set the ones they aren't able to due to lots of clearance.

Some stores had issues with their salesfloor teams getting salesplanners set on time so they started having the presentation team do them as well.

See: ULV stores with only one TL over all of hardlines (and they're probably a SrTL).

That's me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back