Archived new STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punch Correction

Guest Manipulator
What's the process like for ETLs who get promoted to STL once they actually report to their new store? How do they try to win over their new team? Are there tons of visits?

I was in a store with a new-in-role STL.

She waited about a month before making any changes.... She tried to get to know everyone with one-on-one chat sessions.

Do expect a few more visits. Both announced and unaccounted

About 3-6 months in; the DTL and HRBP will do a 'two day leadership intervention' visit. DTL will talk with ETLs, TLs, and tMs about the STL performance. DTL will also oberve the STLs routines, shadow them, etc. DTL will usually do a business review as well. If you a tl, it's a pain.

As a STL you may never win over your the new team, especially if the previous STL was highly regarded. Just do the same thing you did as an ETL. This time, everyone knows you're the big boss so they'll want to get on your good side.

My fellow ETLs bitched every time a new STL came in and tried to make "improvements". A STL can't worry about that. Focus on making the store green or maintaining it green. Hold your executives accountable. If your store was yellow or red then expect frequent conversations/visits from the DTL. He/She wants you to succeed so they'll make sure you are on track to success. If your store was green and it dips then expect more visits.

Yeah it seems like my new STL has a stranger over almost daily. And I say stranger because I know who the HRBP, APBP, DTL, and DFM(or whatever it's called now) are when they show up, but I don't recognize a lot of these randoms that have come by.

Yeah it seems like my new STL has a stranger over almost daily. And I say stranger because I know who the HRBP, APBP, DTL, and DFM(or whatever it's called now) are when they show up, but I don't recognize a lot of these randoms that have come by.

Could they be group level visitors?

Could they be group level visitors?

unless this is a mega high volume store or a store that pilots roll-outs i wouldnt think that group level leaders would visit that frequently just for a new STL. most likely BP's and the DTL. The primary DTL may have a peer drop in from time to time though too if its an area highly populated with stores.

edit: but ya never know

If they are new they could be STLs from other stores checking in on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back