New Timeclocks!

@HQWireless Are you able to check the source code of the time clocks? Does all it check for is the "48" at the beginning of the discount? Does the checksum even matter, can it be anything? If I can make a barcode that cant be used as a discount that would be great.

@HQWireless Are you able to check the source code of the time clocks? Does all it check for is the "48" at the beginning of the discount? Does the checksum even matter, can it be anything? If I can make a barcode that cant be used as a discount that would be great.
as for checksum it must be present to be a valid UPC code (as it has to be a certain number of digits) but there are calculators online for it.

@Mikuhl if you make it, would it be possible to make one that can be added to apple wallet, and shown on the lock screen when you enter your store? (my Starbucks card does that, when I enter Starbucks, for example)

as for checksum it must be present to be a valid UPC code (as it has to be a certain number of digits) but there are calculators online for it.

@Mikuhl if you make it, would it be possible to make one that can be added to apple wallet, and shown on the lock screen when you enter your store? (my Starbucks card does that, when I enter Starbucks, for example)

Like this works
Untitled.png
But does this work (invalid checksum)
Untitled.png
And this definitely does not work?
Untitled.png

Ill have to see how the apple wallet / google pay passes work, but I'm guessing its gonna require Xcode.

The code that runs on those tablets doesn’t actually come from my part of the org, if we’ve written it internally at all. I’ll try to check, but no promises and likely I won’t find anything.

we got ours yesterday and since I knew to press lightly from here I haven’t been having any issues with it but some people are over there like smashing it with their finger

iOS users— download the free “wallet creator“ app to make a wallet pass that shows on your lock screen when you arrive at your target.

@Sarakiel possible to add support for barcodes that have start/end meal/work encoded somehow?

Last edited:
this actually works really well. Now if I could figure out how to get the barcode to show up on Apple Watch with the wallet pass it would be even better!
It’s an issue with how Wallet handles UPC barcodes.

If someone could confirm if Code 128 or PDF417 barcodes work if they’re encoded with the same data, that would show up on Apple Watch, or I can check once my store gets it this week. I’ll update if I can get it working.

iOS users— download the free “wallet creator“ app to make a wallet pass that shows on your lock screen when you arrive at your target.

@Sarakiel possible to add support for barcodes that have start/end meal/work encoded somehow?

I can send it up, but I have a relatively good idea though what the answer may be as they likely won't be too fond of the idea of having a. If the wrong one is scanned accidentally, it's an immediate Punch Correction versus having full control of manually tapping the tablet for SW/SM/EM/EW b. Justifying the time/investment to modify the application for such a small group of TM's that would even utilize the feature c. Integration with the eventual (pending) return of myTime for store level d. Ease of integration of new/seasonal TM's with how the system works. It's much easier for HR/leadership to demonstrate punching in by tapping 'Start Work' and scanning their TM Discount card versus having to pull up a 3rd party application or shuffle through multiple barcodes to scan in which slows down the on-boarding process.

I'll still send it up as I may be completely wrong since mostly everyone is still working from home.

That one was nice, I had downloaded this one years ago and re-downloaded it. A bit more customization of your pass with photos & logos. It’s cute.

EDIT: Just saw that it created a QR code in Wallet on my Watch!
40623B90-A695-4E75-9939-CE74112DD8BF.jpeg

Last edited:
That one was nice, I had downloaded this one years ago and re-downloaded it. A bit more customization of your pass with photos & logos. It’s cute.
View attachment 11029
I tried that one but you have to pay for the location feature, which I really want. Definitely much cuter pass though.

I can send it up, but I have a relatively good idea though what the answer may be as they likely won't be too fond of the idea of having a. If the wrong one is scanned accidentally, it's an immediate Punch Correction versus having full control of manually tapping the tablet for SW/SM/EM/EW b. Justifying the time/investment to modify the application for such a small group of TM's that would even utilize the feature c. Integration with the eventual (pending) return of myTime for store level d. Ease of integration of new/seasonal TM's with how the system works. It's much easier for HR/leadership to demonstrate punching in by tapping 'Start Work' and scanning their TM Discount card versus having to pull up a 3rd party application or shuffle through multiple barcodes to scan in which slows down the on-boarding process.

I'll still send it up as I may be completely wrong since mostly everyone is still working from home.
Thanks. I mean it would be super easy for them to add. Barcodes starting with 480 (discount) would do the same as now, 481 for example would be auto start work, 482 end work, etc. Doesn’t have to be something that HR shows all new TMs, just something documented on workbench that savvy TMs can use.

***Something that should be easy, if not done already, regardless if they implement above, is add a message letting TMs know they can scan discount barcode on the enter number page. Just a little message would go a long way to informing TMs and reducing contact.***

also support for PDF417 would be great if it doesn’t already exist.

Last edited:
Finally saw the new ipad timeclocks. It was a struggle first because it takes a few tries to get the numbers entered (i blamed my semi sweaty finger sorry for tmi) Thank you for this thread that I created a barcode of my team member # and saved in my wallet on my iphone (such a convenience!!!!)

Back