Archived New to Target/Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandie89

ElectronicsTM
Hello, everyone!

I was just hired on as a regular Electronics Associate and my orientation is tomorrow. I just had a few questions.

First, what should I expect at orientation aside from watching videos and filling out tax forms? Should I dress in Target attire or should I just go in with a nice pair of dress pants and shirt like I did for my interview?

Second, as someone who will be working in Electronics (which I've never done before, although I'm familiar with a lot of the products), what can I expect? As far as I know from going in as a customer, the store I'll be working at is typically slow, even during weekends. So, with low customer volume, what else should I be expected to do when there aren't any people to help? Is there a sales quota I'll need to meet every week/month? The woman who interviewed me said our job wouldn't be in jeopardy if we didn't meet the REDcard quota since our store doesn't need very many, but I'm not sure about Electronics.

Also, regarding hours, I know that part-time doesn't mean four hour shifts (it did when I had my first job but I was also in school at the time), but how long are the shifts normally? Or is it pretty much six to eight hours every day until you reach 30-35 weekly hours?

Okay well as far as orientation I went in my khaki and red shirt but that was three years ago.

Well the first thing you will be doing is reshop for the electronic department. Reshop is just a buggy with items that were returned or guests decided they didn't want... After reshop they might make you straighten up the aisles aka zone. Usually after I finsh all of that then I check for any pulls aka restock the shelves in the electronic stockroom . Then you just repeat the process until your shift is over. If you are lucky they might teach you how to set up endcaps aka salesplanners or do revisions just depends on your store.

And no there is no quota you have to meet every week or month. However your store does get rated on attachments and ESPs... you won't get in trouble really but they still want you to push attachments and ESPs.

Now hours that really depends on your store and how big your electronic team is.. also depends on your availability and how much you learn to do.... Usually my electronic shifts are like 4 to 6 hours... sometimes 8 if I'm lucky. And I usually get like 20 sometimes 25 electronic hours per a week. But my store has like 6 electronic team members so yah... welcome to target tho

You'll probably have to maintain a 60% or higher attached accessory rating, which is the score reflecting how many accessories you've sold attached with main items. But then again you may not.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back