Archived new to this site hltlPATL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello target ppl,

Im new to this site. searched a work question last night on my phone and found the answer on this freagin awesome site. Thanks for the hundreds of other answers you all have given my now that I'm addicted to this place!!

Started with Target Sep 2012 as team lead hardlines, got promoted to Sr team lead and price accuracy team lead in the same move. I work at a high volume store in bay area, Ca. We had 4 HLETl's, 2 interns, 1 SR co-merch(sp ?) 2 ETl's overnight logistics and replanishment...

team leads are LOD's at my store and we rotate clsoing and opening shifts on our weekends. Pretty fair for team leads, but I know I do way more than the average PATL!!!!

I think I have lots of complaints:} :wacko:

But I also have lots of advice and helpful suggestions

And I love my team members (I oversee more than just price team)

Peace, nice to meet ya'll red and khaki's

anon :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. If you have any questions on pricing, Pricing Master is right person for you.

thanks!

ok, when the pda will let me do an additional markdown instead of salvage the item, what does this mean? Does this hurt the store financially? Is this an AP issue?

I have no one at my store who knows pricing, and my trainer (from another store) taught me how to lie about salvage on hand counts to fake my score, so not a good reference....

What that means is that you are just doing an additional markdown to sell the item. I usually use this on TVs, Cameras, Furniture, and Patio because they are high price items (why salvage out a TV at $900 when you have the chance to sell it and drive attachments). Doing this does not hurt the store financially, ans helps to drive sales, but again, use it on high price items. This rwally only becomes an AP issue when it is abused (a TM asks you to see if an item is taking an additional markdown, but it scans for a alvage, then asks you to do the additional markdown - then it's an AP issue). You may want to partner with an ETL or AP with regards to using the Additional markdown on high price items instead of salvaging them to see what their take is....if they're ok with you doing it (and only you....NONE of my TMs are allowed to do this, nor are they allowed to A-activate items) then do it, but again (and I know I keep saying it) only on high price items.

Welcome.
Ditch any identifying refs (like name, etc). This site isn't corp-sanctioned & being able to speak freely comes from anonymnity.
If your store sees you posting on here, things can get uncomfortable.
Ix-nay on the Ame-nay!

Welcome! Stlinthemaking is just like you. They're an etl now. I am happy, we were able to answer most questions!

Greetings and salutations.
Great to have you.

Like redeye said, it's best to keep your post anonymous.
Spot isn't the biggest fan in the world of some of us and there are conversations on the board that you might want to engage in that could have ramifications in TRW.
Any names, store numbers, that kind of thing are best edited out.

thanx for the advice. none of my etl's have heard of it and no nothing about price. my ap etl doesnt know either. good info! thank you. took ma name off, good lookin out everybody

We also use additional markdowns for high dollar amounts as well, but only by direction of the team lead. He is also only one who A activates.

Do all you/your PATL's work each weekday? I have to let my price team activate on my weekday off (cuz i work weekends as salefloor tl) and i usually have them do it at my command when im there because ive already searched for the items. Is it best practice for only tl too activate? Do any of you guys stores have pallets of clearance above(or stored near) your line in the backroom? Right now my store has 3 pallets of domestics, 1 pallet of ziploc/trrashbags and 1the of lamps/home decor, plus 7 or so tubs or flatbeds of market, domestics, pets, infants,...that wont fit on salesfloor. Is this normal? Or what is not functioning correctly here? I pushed clearance all weekend too, being on salesfloor and all...barely made a dent in it:0

Another idea/question: do your plano teams set 2 weeks ahead of due dates? Like mine does. Might be one of my issues

Do all you/your PATL's work each weekday? I have to let my price team activate on my weekday off (cuz i work weekends as salefloor tl) and i usually have them do it at my command when im there because ive already searched for the items. Is it best practice for only tl too activate? Do any of you guys stores have pallets of clearance above(or stored near) your line in the backroom? Right now my store has 3 pallets of domestics, 1 pallet of ziploc/trrashbags and 1the of lamps/home decor, plus 7 or so tubs or flatbeds of market, domestics, pets, infants,...that wont fit on salesfloor. Is this normal? Or what is not functioning correctly here? I pushed clearance all weekend too, being on salesfloor and all...barely made a dent in it:0

You should not have any clearance sitting in the backroom. There are times that you'll have an over abundance of clearance (domestics comes to mind), and it may seem reasonable to work it from the back, but you should never have an amount of clearance anywhere near what you have in the back. The TLs need to let you know what salesplanners you can kill to get that stuff on the floor. Clearance can't sell from the back, and being in the habit of keeping it in the back is more than likely having an negative effect on your A markdown score.

Setting two weeks ahead of schedule is probably causing there to be a lot of leftover clearance from the aisles, but POG shouldn't be sending any of that clearance to the back. They should be working it to the clearance endcaps. Just guessing, but I would say your store has a big opportunity with the PTM process. Once an aisle goes MPG, your teams should be pushing all they can those aisle. Get the discontinued product out of the back before it goes clearance. Not only does this help you sell through DCODE before it goes clearance, but you also save time merchandising clearance since it already has a spot on the floor.

Thanks for the response! Ok, so the instocks team isn't functioning like I understand they should be....they say their payroll got cut about a year ago and they are only scheduled from 6 am to 11am to scan the store, so no PTM'ing happens unless a TL is zealous...and this is rare. I did it when I was a hardlines team lead. Ok, so who typically is responsible for PTM'ing? and who pushes it... And when you say "they should be working it to the clearance endcaps" who do you mean? PLano?

I really appreciate your help...

We have one person at our store scheduled "Zone" Certain days that will PTM sections as needed. He is scheduled that more so around the holidays though. He also pushes clearance from the backroom as it builds up. Our instocks team doesn't even PTM as far as I know.. It most likely is delegated to the Hardlines opener or the HLTL. The only thing we try and leave in the back are repack boxes of clothes that just won't fit out. But a box is brought to the operator as fast as she can hang them so it can get out.

And yes whenever the POG team takes down an aisle and resets it, any clearance they take off should be pushed to an endcap BY THEM. They shouldn't be creating extra work for anyone else because it doesn't take that long to throw it on an endcap. Our POG team had a bad habit of leaving it on the back of the line or down an aisle in the Bulk Room until our SRTL of Pricing went ballistic on the POG TL :) Her team was royally screwing our scores lol. I'm just a lowly PA team member but i'm passionate about being green and being number 1 again. we are number 7 or 8 YTD in a group of 66 so we must be doing something right..

It's the job of the salesfloor tl to get clearance out of aisles that are about to be set, plano likely will not have enough time especially if your on 6am to 230pm shift like my store. It's job of ptl to communicate daily to store leadership his/her set plans. I am both patl/ptl at my store so my pog team actually knows how to do price change.

In my store, it's usually the TL of the area or sometimes even the ETL will push some out. There have been times where we have had so much clearance in the back that we would have the morning huddle in the backroom and then every person there (even my STL) would take a flat or tub and push the clearance out.

Thanks PricingMaster. I'm PATL and my store makes PT push clearance. I've tried to make my ETL understand that we are not given the hours to ticket and push, especially on days when BR clearance is 700-800 eaches. Very frustrated. How many PATLs actually get to take their breaks?

What's a break? Sometimes I get to take one, but most of the time, I choose to not take it, especially since once I get into a groove, I hate to break the rhythm. Do you calculate how many hours you would need to complete the workload and partner with your STL when he/she is doing the forecast for the schedule? I sit and do that each Monday, e-mail it to my STL (or ETL-HR if my STL is on vacation), then adjustments are made to the forecast so when I do the schedule Wednesdays, I have the required hours for successful completion.

On Mondays, I'm told what my allotted hours are. I look at the forecast, and try schedule heavy early in the week and try to get ahead. I'm usually by myself on
Thursdays and Fridays. Yesterday, the actual was 2448. I worked it alone from 6:00 am to almost 5. Had to cut today short to leave enough hours for SF tomorrow. I'm beginning to dislike my new STL and ETL. They have no clue as to what this job intakes.

It's the job of the salesfloor tl to get clearance out of aisles that are about to be set, plano likely will not have enough time especially if your on 6am to 230pm shift like my store. It's job of ptl to communicate daily to store leadership his/her set plans. I am both patl/ptl at my store so my pog team actually knows how to do price change.

I heard of the br/is TL combo, but i never heard of PA and plano TL combo. jesus.

Im the POG TL at my store and sometimes we push out the clearance and sometimes we dont. it depends on space and time. We are not setting two weeks ahead there have been some changes in my store and normally I am behind on my workload. I would love to be 2 weeks ahead. We have so much clearance in our domestics that I couldn't set 3 aisles this week because they set new salesplanners in that area and wouldn't let us use them for clearance. Normally our clearance is put in front of mens and we "smart huddle" it after our morning huddle

Our price change team usually pushes the clearance out of the back unless it is a crazy ridiculous amount. As far as clearance already on the floor, most of the transition packets make it seem like the company wants clearance to stay in the home location first, pushing any extra clearance or residual clearance after a reset to a back endcap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back