Archived No ETL Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I had a lady come in and want to buy 60 giftcards for $9.99 each. I said whatever because of the just say yes and then shes tries to give me giftcards in order to pay for them. Thats when I said no, and she starts to complain that she can and to call a manager. Spineless ETL AP comes up and proceeds to let her do this and now will get $600 cash from stores. It's just ridiculous how they will not back us up and let this behavior continue to happen. They will continue to come to our store, all they need to say is no one time and they will stop coming to our store. Anyone else have problems with their ETL's not supporting their team members?

we have this problem at our store constantly. it's not necessarily the ETL AP it's mostly the district managers that are telling us to accept everything and anything. we have to return EVERYTHING at our Target over a simple mistake one of our GSAs made so now we accept everything, we have no limit on returns, we have no limit on how many gift cards they can cash out (they will cash out up to $400 worth of gift cards sometimes and we just have to smile and give them the money). it's sad really, which is why target is getting shittier and shittier to work at.

Really, your ETL-AP allowed that? My ETL is one of four TL and up that'll decline that (the others being one GSTL, ETL-HR, and STL). She actually coached several cashiers for allowing a guest to pay for several gift cards with another gift card. And a couple days ago, a Top Alert came in and cashed out $57 worth of gift cards, then tried to get more gift cards and pay with another, while she was at the service desk. She declined him, he got mad, left, and we were able to get some more intel on the guy for the IC.

Yep...most store level execs are so afraid of a guest calling guest services and/or getting a crappy survey that we pretty much have to let the guests do whatever they want. I'm not surprised your ETL let this go through.

At this point, your best option is to just go with the flow. If those who get paid more money than you don't care enough to stop it, then there's really no point for you to care. And the sooner you stop caring, the less stressful your job will be. Trust me. I learned that the hard way.

I want to say that the ETL sucks, but that might be his/her marching orders from high above. I've been in many a store where coupon and gift card scams are just let go due to the hassle and customer service experience.

lol sorry to hear that but then your STL must be on some other wave length. No way will I believe that an AP would allow that to happen unless they were in on it. I have declined numerous amount of things from people I didn't trust such as... people buying 400 worth and paying all coupons and trying to return them 5 mins later for cash. even though our return policy says to not deny the return if coupons were used they arent using them in good faith and i told them to return them at another store. I have denied extreme couponers, giftcard fraud, gotten PMRs, suggested people leave my store and never return... and im just a GE. i dont let that chit fly in my business. havent suffered any negative consequences and have actually been recognized at group level. just need to be bold

As LOD I would have turned that down and if she tried pulling the "I've done this before or another store does it" I would have told her that we no longer accept this or to visit the other store. Target's "let's make all guests happy" approach is shit. Dealing with shitty guests isn't going to hurt your store.

I'm a little bit lost. What's the problem of her giving it in order to pay for them? I work Logistics so I'm not sure of the tactics of these people.

We give cash back on gift cards? Under what circumstances? I'm a cashier and have never been prompted by the register to do that.

We give cash back on gift cards? Under what circumstances? I'm a cashier and have never been prompted by the register to do that.

Some states have laws mandating that stores cash out gift cards, usually under a certain amount ($10 in this example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back