Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here, but not to Target. What is going on this year with hours? I've been at Target for more than 5 years. Today, I just had to shake my head in disgust.

The instocks team gets to work and starts scanning. I'm not on the team myself. I'm on the POG team. About 11am, I'm told we are going to have to pull our own stuff because there aren't any hours to staff the backroom to do pulls. So, I start pulling pogs and revisions.

I get back there, and the instocks team is also back there pulling there stuff. There's only two of them, and they are getting stuff down out of the case pack areas.

At noon, they are told to leave. Their pulls still aren't finished. And none of the stuff is pushed.

So if a guest wanted something that was on those flats or tubs, they are SOL. Because ain't no one was coming back today to push them.

What the hell? Why create a system, instocks, to scan outs/research just to leave the stuff sitting on vehicles instead of leaving it in location. At least in a location, I could look it up for a guest and pull it.

Target has lost it's way. I can't count how many times I've heard, and read on here!!, "It's February, there aren't any hours."

Maybe it's me. The new mindset must be ... Let it look like a hot mess. Or maybe it's just this store.

The backroom is bombed. The Pog team is days behind. I can't believe it's because we are all just lazy. I busted my ass this week. Still behind. And they chase the flow team out without the push completed.

This is the worst I've ever seen it. So sad to see it go downhill like this.

Our store is just as bad. Flow team on monday and wednesday were forced out the door at 1030 (start at 6) and they cancelled the truck today because they didnt have enough payroll to pay flow team to come in. So they all only got 9 hours this week. How can anyone live off that?
They sent all the backroom team home too except the TL so uh lets just say you can't even walk in the backroom there is stuff everywhere. They said starting sunday, which is the first day of march that they are going to make up for it and start begging people to stay longer shifts. Yeah but if they use all the payroll at the start of the month then we are going to be having the same issues at the end of next month

My 8 hour shift for tomorrow was canceled.

Nope. They told me we aren't making sales so...

No hrs for flow at my store. We can't stay. Push not done on 2500 truck. Their solution? No hrs for tomorrow's truck either, so they will pull a team in on Sunday, beginning of a new month. Nope no thank you.

My hours were cut a lot last year, but it's not too bad this year. Requested 25 and I'm averaging about 23 in February/March. At one point last year, I got a 10 hour week.

Then again, my store recently got new management and sales have been going up. My ETL said something about being rewarded with extra hours.

That's just this time of year. And, for my district at least, hours fluctuate so very wildly it's scary. I have a mighty 4 hours this week (thought I was being termed), but 15.5 the next. My DTL has called it the "boot camp" of Target. "If you can survive first quarter, you can survive anywhere else." Personally, you should have to survive fourth Q and first Q in order to be considered "initiated"

How do sales or what quarter we are in have anything to do with processes that are independent of sales? Take price change. If we miss sales by x amount, that does not effect the amount of eaches to be marked. But cut the hours and make the metric red.

I mean, if they don't care if the metrics are red, that's fine. But don't cut hours and moan later that the metrics are red.

How do sales or what quarter we are in have anything to do with processes that are independent of sales? Take price change. If we miss sales by x amount, that does not effect the amount of eaches to be marked. But cut the hours and make the metric red.

I mean, if they don't care if the metrics are red, that's fine. But don't cut hours and moan later that the metrics are red.

That would make too much sense.

At my store flow team is getting sent home right at 8 (they start at 4 till April) and the ETL's, specialty teams, and sales floor team members push the rest for our 'smart huddle'. This happens anytime they have to cut payroll, but this time of year is definitely more likely to have it happen. I feel bad for the flow team members who need hours! I'm on pog, but thankfully we are either on schedule or a week ahead almost all of the time.

Just curious... I transferred to my current store from another store. My previous store didn't have smart huddles. How about you all. Do you have them or no?

Our ETL Ops has said this is the worst he has ever seen and he is 10 years with spot.. Even he can't believe the skeleton crew we are trying to run a store on. Yep we get three people on our scan all day. Nope one gets pulled for price change another to help back stock the truck, then go pull the FF orders and help push market. Most of the week has been like this.. Today "Why are you not getting the list done or the drastic count report worked?" I think I broke my eyeball rolling them so hard at our STL..

At my store flow team is getting sent home right at 8 (they start at 4 till April) and the ETL's, specialty teams, and sales floor team members push the rest for our 'smart huddle'. This happens anytime they have to cut payroll, but this time of year is definitely more likely to have it happen. I feel bad for the flow team members who need hours! I'm on pog, but thankfully we are either on schedule or a week ahead almost all of the time.

Just curious... I transferred to my current store from another store. My previous store didn't have smart huddles. How about you all. Do you have them or no?

The only smart huddles at my store are "everyone grab a CAF before you go zone" or "everyone grab a stray before your zone" if there's a lot. Sometimes we have huddles out on the floor to "be more visible" which I don't agree with, I think it's tacky to make the guests listen about redcard drivel, sales ranting, and the incessant vibe chatter. Plus, then we don't get food. Thankfully most of them are in TSC or on the line.

I'm back to working in 2-4 different areas on any given day.
Started training to cashier at pharmacy last week since one of our techs will be on leave for a month & we ALWAYS seem to have call-outs in the lanes so the "flo ho" is back to picking up hrs here & there.

The only smart huddles at my store are "everyone grab a CAF before you go zone" or "everyone grab a stray before your zone" if there's a lot. Sometimes we have huddles out on the floor to "be more visible" which I don't agree with, I think it's tacky to make the guests listen about redcard drivel, sales ranting, and the incessant vibe chatter. Plus, then we don't get food. Thankfully most of them are in TSC or on the line.
Huddles that don't happen in the perfect place to annoy guests, such as in front of market, electronics or pharmacy? Lies. Flow team's once-in-a-blue-moon huddles happen in the breakroom after we've had break but the others are always pretty much in the middle of the racetrack.

Logistics payroll at my store had seemed untouchable but it looks like reality has finally caught up. Past week there have been full pallets abandoned all over the store, random z-racks sitting untouched in softlines.

Today it looked like a bomb went off in market...10 pallets got bowled out, but maybe half it got worked before flow got kicked out (I'm pretty sure the flow TL tried to finish it himself). At least they didn't pull the rest of the pallets out to the sales floor...No instead they left the rest on the line and piled up in front of the receiving doors. Want to work a CAF? Well you need to find it first!

I've known team members to get unemployment while working. Not sure how it worked exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back