Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. You just come off like you're trying to prove more to yourself than to us is all.
More like the type of leader who is the reason good team members who don't like to be disrespected by an arrogant leader leave. A little humanity and kindness go a long way when hours are cut, pay raises are poor, expectations rise, and equipment is hard to come by. I can only hope that you are taking advantage of the anonymity here to express how you feel and that your team doesn't have to listen to the holier than thou/too bad what you think I can say what I want diatribe throughout their shifts.

Agreed (for once).
Target still thinks it saves money to sacrifice tenured/experienced workers for cheaper labor despite the extra costs in turnover & training.
Bonuses of having experienced workers means satisfied guests which, in turn, leads to higher survey scores.
During my time with spot, I had quite a few regulars who sought me out when they had a problem that couldn't be resolved. If I couldn't fix it, I could at least explain why & how to do an end-run if necessary.
Newbies don't care & it shows.

Target (and all discount retailers for that matter) doesn't really care about the experienced worker. It's a nice bonus but it is not part of their strategy. If it were, they definitely would of invested more into payroll, employee training, retention, etc. Of course, this just increases their costs, which almost always leads to higher prices (something you can't have when you are trying to compete with Wal-Mart.)

Speaking of the Wal-Mart, they've already proven that providing practically every product at rock bottom prices and not much else is resoundingly successful, so much so that everyone else has to play copy-cat in order to survive. The few 'loyals' that a retailer loses pales in comparison to the potential profit they could gain by following Wal-Mart's model.

Unfortunately, because of the lack of funding for employee investment, new employees are introduced in an environment where you are supposed to sell or do something but aren't really shown how to do it successfully. It gives the appearance that the employer doesn't care. Thus, the employee starts to not care.

Target (and all discount retailers for that matter) doesn't really care about the experienced worker. It's a nice bonus but it is not part of their strategy. If it were, they definitely would of invested more into payroll, employee training, retention, etc. Of course, this just increases their costs, which almost always leads to higher prices (something you can't have when you are trying to compete with Wal-Mart.)

Speaking of the Wal-Mart, they've already proven that providing practically every product at rock bottom prices and not much else is resoundingly successful, so much so that everyone else has to play copy-cat in order to survive. The few 'loyals' that a retailer loses pales in comparison to the potential profit they could gain by following Wal-Mart's model.

Unfortunately, because of the lack of funding for employee investment, new employees are introduced in an environment where you are supposed to sell or do something but aren't really shown how to do it successfully. It gives the appearance that the employer doesn't care. Thus, the employee starts to not care.

Um, gives the "appearance" that the employer doesn't care??? They don't, hence the lack of employee investment.

Not sure if this is the right place, but ... oh well. Today our HRTL told me that we have had our instocks weekly hours cut to 71. Last week our BR/ISTL added a person to "just scan RIGs" (read that "he's not reeeaaally trained). So now this guy gets 15 hours per week and the other not trained guy gets 25 and the two of us that actually are trained get to split the rest. I'm kind of ticked off. I was also told that IS is no longer responsible for anything other than scanning. Is this really the case 0r are they blowing smoke? I have seen no verification of this in any of the BP, but I may have missed it.

Our Backroom shows how fucked we are with hours cut. Backstock comes in the moment BRTMs leave. We can't even catch up anymore.

We got one more week before inventory prep. With 20-25 hour shifts, backroom is done.

At least give your experienced TMs the hours. 80% of our BRTMs don't give a shit and slow as fuck. The vets are the only ones who give a damn but really can't do shit because we have to babysit these idiots.

Not sure if this is the right place, but ... oh well. Today our HRTL told me that we have had our instocks weekly hours cut to 71. Last week our BR/ISTL added a person to "just scan RIGs" (read that "he's not reeeaaally trained). So now this guy gets 15 hours per week and the other not trained guy gets 25 and the two of us that actually are trained get to split the rest. I'm kind of ticked off. I was also told that IS is no longer responsible for anything other than scanning. Is this really the case 0r are they blowing smoke? I have seen no verification of this in any of the BP, but I may have missed it.
AE2016 gives store leadership more autonomy in how they run their store. The hours pie is now smaller for all stores and, in the case of Instocks, I think it comes down to how important the STL thinks Instocks is in regards to how big of a slice they get of that hour pie.

AE2016 gives store leadership more autonomy in how they run their store. The hours pie is now smaller for all stores and, in the case of Instocks, I think it comes down to how important the STL thinks Instocks is in regards to how big of a slice they get of that hour pie.

You don't notice when the team is good but when it's bad you see the damage everywhere.

You don't notice when the team is good but when it's bad you see the damage everywhere.
So, true. At one time Instocks was considered so important that we were considered "untouchable" during our scanning hours (no backing up until after 11A) so we could complete our task list.

Now, I'm told to only shoot RIGs and any outs I happen to come across. Filling the floor is supposed to be every TMs job now (see a hole, scan it and drop a batch so it will come out if it's in the backroom) which, in reality, has made it no one's job.

The Instocks team is really your last defense in making sure what is in house is on the floor or ordered from the DC thereby keeping the floor full. We used to get flats out after scanning due to Flows not pushing it or the backroom not pulling it.

Now, there are holes all over the store and I can only get to a few during the day.

It also doesn't help us that our batches aren't pulled that day. We have had over 55 batches waiting to be pulled and today it was at 35 when I got in. Then, the backroom goes on a pulling binge and radio, "Instocks you have 3 flats, 2 tubs, and some three tries under the line." Yeah, I'll get them all pushed today.

It's pretty much a joke at this point when it comes to hours. Cart attendants are getting more hours than the majority of the overnight team at my store.

As well they should. CA's make the store look and run better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back