Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must live in Bizarro world because my store gave me 35 hours for next week which is twice as many hours as I got this week. I'm assuming one of the CA's got fired.

That's how my hrs got bumped up in Feb.
Now I'm training newbies & hrs are gutted.

I wonder if my store is just really poorly staffed, because most TMs who want hours are getting 30+ and if anything, hours are going up.

My next paycheck will be 80 hours, so no complaints here.

My flow team screwed up. They were getting 80+ hours a check and they asked for more help.. Now they are down to 50.. there's twice as many of them. They get all the hours in our store because they are "our stocking salesfloor" and they complained They were being overworked. I say take the hours from them, give them to hardlines, and let hardlines push what they don't do then.. My flow team needs to be gutted. Half of them are really hard workers that care about the store and the other half just have attitude problems about their job and are lazy

I've had 40 hours consistently since Last april.. but I know salesfloor and cashiers that Are down to 8 hours now. Luckily my workcenter is small (2 team members) and our workload is consistently 50 hours, at least, of ticketing plus pushing and remerchandising which amounts to about 60 hours normally. The rest of the hours I pick up here and there..

Not just you, same at our store. The weird thing is they always say they don't have a lot of hours for flow but then truck isn't pushed before most people leave (10, some 11) so then they ask some people to stay...but then we're back at "having no hours" so i'm always confused lol. I get about 15 hours a week though, and I'm usually asked to stay so it's not a GREAT amount of hours but at our store there are usually more that can be picked up in other areas/if you stay late when asked

On most days that I'm scheduled 4-5 hrs, I don't make any plans.
On my days off, I'm back to keeping a pair of khakis in my car with a red &/or black tee.

I was afraid to post here because I didn't want to jinx myself but now that the new schedule is released, I can finally.

For the past 1 1/2 - 2 months I've enjoyed 30-37 hours each week without having to stalk the swap shift board. The newest schedule posted today has me at 17. I'm gonna have a little chat with my ETL about that to pick up sales floor shifts or cross train more (I'm already trained in BR and Sales Floor).

I have been on 1:30 to 10:30 shift for a month. I hate it . Does anyone else work this ugly shift? If so, do you like it and why? Thanks a lot

after review i got 17, last week was 36, and this week monday i got plano monday, truck/plano wednesday, friday truck... 16 hr

I understand the need to cut hours etc . What I don't like is when they will say on Monday you have to leave at your scheduled time there is NO staying over...ok that's fine. Tuesday you go in you casually ask ( cause the backroom looks like crap) do we need to leave at our scheduled time. They say yes....so on and so forth then on Saturday..they will ask Tgtguy what time are you here till...I reply 11 30 am...then they say can you stay later today we need to get caugh up on this bs. Ok, you didn't have hours all week and you allowed the backroom to look like this now you want me to stay later on a Sat....if you didn't have hours all week then don't ask someone to stay at the end of the week...cause at that point 2 hours is not going to make that big of a difference in my check.

Last edited:
Some of you apparently don't understand how sales=payroll. In the beggining of the month or week and you don't have hours because you're starting off. Flex hours are gained as you make sales. The more sales you make the more hours. Simply like that. Help your store make sales and you will have hours.

I understand the need to cut hours etc . What I don't like is when they will say on Monday you have to leave at your scheduled time there is NO staying over...ok that's fine. Tuesday you go in you casually ask ( cause the backroom looks like crap) do we need to leave at our scheduled time. They say yes....so on and so forth then on Saturday..they will ask Tgtguy what time are you here till...I reply 11 30 am...then they say can you stay later today we need to get caugh up on this bs. Ok, you didn't have hours all week and you allowed the backroom to look like this now you want me to stay later on a Sat....if you didn't have hours all week then don't ask someone to stay at the end of the week...cause at that point 2 hours is not going to make that big of a difference in my check.

I can't like this enough. Same bs at my store. No hrs unless you were scheduled late, but lo and behold we had br hrs today. No fucking thank you

Some of you apparently don't understand how sales=payroll. In the beggining of the month or week and you don't have hours because you're starting off. Flex hours are gained as you make sales. The more sales you make the more hours. Simply like that. Help your store make sales and you will have hours.
Everyone has their viewpoint...no need to talk down to people like they are stupid .

Everyone has their viewpoint...no need to talk down to people like they are stupid .
It's not a viewpoint, it's a fact. In the past two years my store has made a 180 and with all new leadership everything from scores to our daily sales have gone up. And while we don't make sales every day, we usually do for the month and we see a good amount of flex hours.

I come from an ULV that was on the bottom, and now we're above our district for scores and sales.

Couple questions.
(1)If you are scheduled, can they send you home before the end of your shift, or is it only if you volunteer?
(2)Can they legally cut your hours after the weekly schedule has posted, or again is this voluntary?
Check out the laws by state. Some states will require that they pay you a few hours of that shift.

I have been on 1:30 to 10:30 shift for a month. I hate it . Does anyone else work this ugly shift? If so, do you like it and why? Thanks a lot

Mine is either 2:30-10 or 2:30-11 depending on which day of the week. And occasionally a 1:30-10. I absolutely hate it. All the useful parts of the day are within that time frame. If I wanted to get any quick appointments or errands in I'd have to wake up super early, but if I'm getting of at 10 or 11 the night before, I'm gonna be too sleepy for that.

Man, I'm not getting any hours myself this week. Was hard enough to get 25 last week. Truck was canceled for tonight and I've already had two days off this week. Is it possible to cross-train during your initial 90 days? I actually like Flow, but this lack of hours is just nuts.

Yes it is, it just depends on how your TL or ETL's view your performance at your current position and if they have needs at other areas of the store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back