Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of us have a theory that yeah pay went up for everyone to at least $9 an hour but Target is offsetting it by cutting hours, so you still make what you did before the raise.

I would say that is not a bad one.

2 more tms put their notice in yesterday !
This new posted schedule is even worst than the last one !
Tls are doing adjacency instead of tms !
We had an etl who worked all day in softline doing reshop ! Because there is no one else on schedule!
She asked the stl for more hours , and stl refused !
We might get coached because we clock in too early or past our time ( you know the 4 mn !!!) because we use more payroll

I smell a golden contributor award.

My ETLs get into fistfights scheduling me to be on their shifts.

No shit!

A few of us have a theory that yeah pay went up for everyone to at least $9 an hour but Target is offsetting it by cutting hours, so you still make what you did before the raise.
Probably true but I have to say I'm one of the lucky ones.

29.75 hours this week, 32 the next, 23 on the new schedule with a Saturday off (!!) so I'm kind of banking on being able to pick up /something/.
I can't complain too much but it would be nice to get flipping cross trained already.

I loved working at my store !
I took pride in my job ! I always went above and beyond !
We had the best team leads , from the stl to the tls !
We were a true team !
Our stl is gone to a new store , she was a true leader ! Helped all of us !
Several tms passed away , she organized services for them in our store for the team!
Now , we have bimbo jane , who only looks at the numbers and slash the hours !
We are on a semi strike if you will !
We show up to work on time , leave on time and do what is only required in our role for the day !
We used to fix things when we pass by it , no more !
A sign misplaced or put on the wrong fixture would have been dealt right away, a shirt unfolded Would have been folded , now we let it be !
There is no zoning at night , we are not zoning during instock nor flow !
The store looks pitiful !
We are trying to decide to call the hotline !
Only the same race tms than the new etl hr are getting hours( close to 40 every week while we are getting in the low 20 ! ) of course , they ask us to stay on Fridays because they are behind on the pogs , we are stubborn , and refuse !
I can afford it , the other tms took second jobs in cleaning condos / private houses at the beach after work !

Flow+backroom = steady hours
I used to think the same for flow+instocks but they just chopped a few hours off my IS shifts for the next couple weeks. Its not as drastic as what others here are reporting but I'm going to lose a lot of productivity: between lunch/break, huddle, huddle project/reshop and helping guests, those 3 hours are going to go by way too fast to do my job right :(.

Flow+backroom = steady hours
I am flow , salesfloor, instock and presentation ! No steady hours !
I am also guest service , cashier , electronic , backroom and pricing cross trained !
And I know it will get worst !
We are losing good hard working tms who can not live on 15 hrs a week paychecks !
When will this madness end?
I had faith once in target , now it is just a measly paycheck !
I just learned 1 tl is transferring where our old stl works , and another tl just quit !
The pressure is too much !

Bitch bitch bitch...

Moaning and groaning will get you nowhere.

Our ETL-LOG went on LOA again and apparently the other execs are taking the opportunity to swing the axe at logistics hours.

All 40 hour Flow TMs (the ones who do a good job and don't fuck around) have been cut to 15-20 hours along with the rest of Flow. A few SFS TMs have been cut to 16 hours, and a handful of BRTMs are down to 32. Even the Flow TM that has been getting 8 hours for bike building every week lost that shift.

Of course everyone is still going to end up extending shifts and coming in on days off to help out, so it won't really change anything.

We're currently without a DTL, and when we get a new one, I am seriously tempted to ask them to sit down with me and a few other TMs and have a little meeting about hours and shit. I'll be sure to emphasize that it's not the fault of the leaders at our store.

Target needs to fucking learn the lesson of "you can earn more money in the long run if you spend more in the short run."

Our ETL-LOG wn LOA again and apparently the other execs are taking the opportunity to swing the axe at logistics hours.

All 40 hour Flow TMs (the ones who do a good job and don't fuck around) have been cut to 15-20 hours along with the rest of Flow. A few SFS TMs have been cut to 16 hours, and a handful of BRTMs are down to 32. Even the Flow TM that has been getting 8 hours for bike building every week lost that shift.

Of course everyone is still going to end up extending shifts and coming in on days off to help out, so it won't really change anything.
Why? Seems like these so called leaders need to see the consequences of their actions? Wasn't anyone appointed to take over LOG? Someone needs to be accountable. Why is the responsibility on the backs of the TMs? I know the LOG TMs will bear the brunt of the hour cuts and have to work twice as hard to clean up the mess and not get the necessary hours to do that. Sigh.

Why? Seems like these so called leaders need to see the consequences of their actions? Wasn't anyone appointed to take over LOG? Someone needs to be accountable. Why is the responsibility on the backs of the TMs? I know the LOG TMs will bear the brunt of the hour cuts and have to work twice as hard to clean up the mess and not get the necessary hours to do that. Sigh.
There have been rumors that our Backroom TL is soon to be promoted to Sr so maybe they see this as a challenge for him? We don't even have a Flow TL right now.

i said that when they announced it. They get the PR bump in the media while everyone gets fucked. I imagine the shift diff is due for another cut too. It's why i got the hell out.

I have to say I am happy to have finally convinced them to stop screwing me over on hours and gotten myself into a "almost always 40hr" spot at spot. I fought hard for it and they didn't dip me below 35 over the winter/spring after new years. Somehow market isn't hurting for hours, I don't know where they are getting them from-although we suspect they shaved them off every other workcenter they could.

They've definitely pushed back and forth over flow hours. One week its out on time and squeeze hard, the next its stay late and get it done. Pricing is slim on hours, I often only have one person working the days work, compared to two usually or even three a couple years ago.

We've had alot of hours for the front end the last 2 weeks. No one from the floor is complaining so doesn't seem like they've had cuts. We have had our electronics remodel going on. Is it possible we got a boatload of hours for the remodel and the extra hours are trickling down to all of the departments?

I wish Target would put some effort into at least making the scheduled hours somewhat consistent.

Even veteran flow TMs who are used to being scheduled 40 hours sometimes end up only getting 15.

My schedule has been very consistent over the past few months but I've seen random cuts in hours hit anyone and everyone. If I'm off on Thursday and don't get to see the schedule as soon as it's hanging on the wall, I won't be able to sleep until I can check it online at 2am Friday morning.

I wish Target would put some effort into at least making the scheduled hours somewhat consistent.

Even veteran flow TMs who are used to being scheduled 40 hours sometimes end up only getting 15.

My schedule has been very consistent over the past few months but I've seen random cuts in hours hit anyone and everyone. If I'm off on Thursday and don't get to see the schedule as soon as it's hanging on the wall, I won't be able to sleep until I can check it online at 2am Friday morning.
2 am friday, wtf in my area i cannot view the new schedule to sometime on Sunday, i bet 2 AM on Sunday.

One of the HR TMs confirmed this for me. Payroll is the same, hourly rates for most TMs went up quite a bit due to the increase to $9/hr. She said that hours have been cut a lot. My hours haven't been, but alot of front end TMs have, per my HR TM.

Why is my store so low on hours? :mad:

I need to know if this something related to the store I work at or something related to Target.

I thought the store was supposed to be low in hours in January-February but to be honest I think those months were much better than May and so far June. I was at least getting 20-22 hours. (I'm flow team member). Now only FREAKING 12-15!!! :mad: When I started in July onwards I was getting 25-30 hours.

If I remember correctly this whose low hours thing started late April. I used to work with the frozen and dairy trucks and stocking well not anymore. Apparently the truck "comes late" , if anything they randomly send to help them once and awhile.

First I used to come in at 4AM in the morning because that's the time Flow must be there then all F-ing May they moved us to come in at 4:30AM , and they ask us to leave at damn 7:30 AM. What's the damn point of only working 3 hours?!?! I need at least 5-6.

Did it have something to do with the $1 raise or the whole thing with the stolen credit card money that Target had to pay?

I'm sorry for acting so angry but oh well I just got home from Target and I was really mad because they send me home early as usual.:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back