Archived No hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 question I have when someone says they arent getting hours is - what’s your availability?

I love when people think they should be getting 40 hours when they have limited availability. Mytime doesn’t pull people that way, and when their availability doesn’t line up with the business needs of the store they get less hours.

Tms don’t seem to ever grasp this

I have full availability and I’m only getting 23 hrs next week and a different Electronics TM is only getting 15

they hired a lot of cashiers here but in cafe in getting 24-29 hours consistently and then i pick up another 8 or so cashier hours bc all those cashiers they hired don't wanna work lol

Your store may have over hired. Some work centers in my store get OT while others sit at 25 hours/week. We have a lot of Team Members who don't want a lot of hours and are perfectly happy with 25 hours. I got 61 hours last week, it was a long week but I am looking forward to my paycheck.

Our store overhired, then cut a bunch of hours due to payroll. I really can't complain about the hours I'm getting, as it's the perfect workload for me. Though, like other posters have mentioned, I think it's absolutely hilarious when TMs bitch about "signing up" for 40 hours and not getting them.

That's not how it works. Just because you said I can work any day/time, doesn't mean you're guaranteed hours.

Last edited:
My store will give OT one week then cut hours the next. Over spend to save. Makes total sense....

Re: availability and no hours - yes, I have restricted my availability from what it used to be because my other job wants to give me hours and actually does. Even so, I'm definitely not scheduled anywhere near my maximum availability, even on truck days during 4th quarter. I'm not about to turn down hours at the other job in hopes of being asked to stay later at this one.
I'm fortunate in that I have that choice; some who work only at Target really hope for those big trucks and call-offs so they get asked to stay past their scheduled out-time. I used to do that too, until I got tired of trying to pay bills based on "maybe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back