Archived No longer @ Target yet still scheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave my week notice to target last week, and my last day was Sunday. (I am working at my dream job now and I’ve been after this other job for 10 years) I resigned On Workday and let my ETL know as well.
This morning I get a call from a team lead who was asking me when they would expect me in for work. I reminded them that I put in my notice and my last day was Sunday. The team lead wasn’t happy at all and confirmed that I wouldn’t be coming in, then replied “we’ll have to make it work then” and hung up. How is it my fault that whoever did the schedule didn’t pay attention to my notice? And why would I look at the schedule after I quit? Who comes in and still works after they quit?
Oh well, not my problem. I bet my status will be real “un rehirable now” 💁🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
How would they pay you if you have already left the company and im assuming got your last pay and im just guessing your not in the stores system at that point

How would they pay you if you have already left the company and im assuming got your last pay and im just guessing your not in the stores system at that point
I’ll get my last paycheck this Friday. I thought that too! I probably wouldn’t be able to use the time clock or log in to any mydevice either

First of all, it's 2 weeks notice. Second of all, you wouldn't have been scheduled past your pay out. Soooo, did you just leave without your final pay?

Regardless of all that, if we're just going based off your word.....then you don't work there anymore. Why would you care, and why would you post this? Fucking stupid.

I guess it looks like your store thought you were going to work a 2 week notice. Just be prepared for Not Rehireable if you do plan to go back. Other than that, your HR did not process your notice of voluntary termination.

With how hours and payroll right now, they will not call someone in unless there is real need for the help.

🧐 something tells me you quit without following the right steps nor communicating it appropriately. Just because you resign on workday doesn't mean you shouldn't tell your tl because had they known your last day was Sunday they wouldn't call. Nice try Karen

🧐 something tells me you quit without following the right steps nor communicating it appropriately. Just because you resign on workday doesn't mean you shouldn't tell your tl because had they known your last day was Sunday they wouldn't call. Nice try Karen

I disagree. Other than giving less than the traditional 2 week notice, a notice is a notice. Whether its using Workday or the old school paper notice, the information was communicated to Target. Not (former) TM's fault or problem that Spot can't promptly and effectively communicate this kind of info to store leadership.

Now as a professional courtesy, yes the TM should have communicated the info to their TL. However, not required... that's Spot's job.

Last edited:
I disagree. Other than giving less than the traditional 2 week notice, a notice is a notice. Whether its using Workday or the old school paper notice, the information was communicated to Target. Not (former) TM's fault or problem that Spot can't promptly and effectively communicate this kind of info to store leadership.

Now as a professional courtesy, yes the TM should have communicated the info to their TL. However, not required... that's Spot's job.

I'm pretty sure the OP just resigned on workday without communicating it

^This. Once the resignation is entered into the system it’s leaderships responsibility to deal with it. It’s not the resigning TM’s fault that they failed to follow up and change the schedule.

First of all, it's 2 weeks notice. Second of all, you wouldn't have been scheduled past your pay out. Soooo, did you just leave without your final pay?

Regardless of all that, if we're just going based off your word.....then you don't work there anymore. Why would you care, and why would you post this? Fucking stupid.
Wow, why all the anger at someone you don’t know? I’m not the only one who has put in less than 2 weeks notice. My new job needs me right away and I’m not able to work both jobs with my schedule. I just thought it was a funny thing that happened and knew that current and past workers might appreciate it or relate, based on other posts here

I followed the appropriate steps to resign. Not my fault that people working there didn’t communicate with each other 💁🏼‍♀️

I followed the appropriate steps to resign. Not my fault that people working there didn’t communicate with each other 💁🏼‍♀️

Why a weeks notice? Did you expect your shifts to magically go away???

Thank you! I don’t understand the hate here. I resigned the proper way and let my ETL know. It shouldn’t be my fault that people don’t communicate with each other

Why a weeks notice? Did you expect your shifts to magically go away???
I already explained this. I have a new job, one that I’ve been after for years, and they needed me on a certain date. I also have childcare to arrange. I feel a week’s notice, while not ideal, is better than a day’s notice or no notice at all

I guess it looks like your store thought you were going to work a 2 week notice. Just be prepared for Not Rehireable if you do plan to go back. Other than that, your HR did not process your notice of voluntary termination.

With how hours and payroll right now, they will not call someone in unless there is real need for the help.
I know my status will be Not Rehirable and I’m prepared for that. I don’t plan on going back anyway. That bridge is burned after their mishandling of my maternity leave

Wow, why all the anger at someone you don’t know? I’m not the only one who has put in less than 2 weeks notice. My new job needs me right away and I’m not able to work both jobs with my schedule. I just thought it was a funny thing that happened and knew that current and past workers might appreciate it or relate, based on other posts here

Why the stupid post? Life is full of mysteries.

I already explained this. I have a new job, one that I’ve been after for years, and they needed me on a certain date. I also have childcare to arrange. I feel a week’s notice, while not ideal, is better than a day’s notice or no notice at all

Why do you care then? Technically you didn't give a 2 week notice [let's count them like the count- 1 weeks muhaha 2 weeks muahaha] so I'd make you unhirble either way. Since it doesn't sound like you want to ever go back to Target move on...✌

If store leadership did their jobs and communicated once in a while there wouldn’t have been a problem.

True. But also... OP already left and has no desire to return so there's literally no consequence. So....what's the problem and why is this a post?

True. But also... OP already left and has no desire to return so there's literally no consequence. So....what's the problem and why is this a post?
The problem is leadership can’t get their act together and the post reaffirms this so that current TMs can benefit from the knowledge that their store is not the only one with unprofessional leadership. It also forewarns them to double check everything (requests, availabilities, etc.) to avoid having similar experiences themselves.

I’m sharing an experience I thought unusual and wanted to share it like other posters do about their workplace. (This is the entire point of the forums) I can’t be the only one whose leadership has made errors. If you don’t like what I’m posting then why waste time to comment? I’ve already made myself perfectly clear on this post and I’m done explaining myself over and over

The problem is leadership can’t get their act together and the post reaffirms this so that current TMs can benefit from the knowledge that their store is not the only one with unprofessional leadership. It also forewarns them to double check everything (requests, availabilities, etc.) to avoid having similar experiences themselves.
Thank you! Seems that some people are having trouble understanding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back