Does target do drug testing

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started an no testing for me! But was wondering what about people in states with legal weed now? They say they will drug test if you get hurt or something at work on the job? If you live in a legal state is that ok to have weed in your system? Was just wondering didn't ask at orientation. I really don't see why they need to worry about personal time and what people are doing,as long as it's not effecting work. I think they only do that for the health care breaks$ the company gets

Just started an no testing for me! But was wondering what about people in states with legal weed now? They say they will drug test if you get hurt or something at work on the job? If you live in a legal state is that ok to have weed in your system? Was just wondering didn't ask at orientation. I really don't see why they need to worry about personal time and what people are doing,as long as it's not effecting work. I think they only do that for the health care breaks$ the company gets
It doesn't matter what state you live in. The employer can fire you for testing positive when required to take a drug test. If you hurt someone, or yourself, and you fail your drug test, you're fired. You're a liability at that point.

If every single employee at my store was tested for marijuana alone, I believe we'd have to close shop until we were staffed again lol.
Just because target doesn't drug test anymore doesn't mean they don't have a drug free policy. For example if someone called the hotline on you and said you smoked weed. They will drug test you and if you become postive on a drug test they would fire you.

I would not ask about smoking weed at orientation they might drug test you. You're still required to stay drug free. Target follows federal law not state law. A Federal police officer could arrest you coming out of a weed shop in a legal state if he wanted

People think it's a sober workforce. Think again. Your BOSS could be getting high after work. OR BEFORE! Because yoooouuuuu'll neeeeeverrrr knoooowwww ;)

Just because target doesn't drug test anymore doesn't mean they don't have a drug free policy. For example if someone called the hotline on you and said you smoked weed. They will drug test you and if you become postive on a drug test they would fire you.

I know that, but what does that have to do with what I said?

If Target doesn't drug test anymore how come when I go to apply online it says I will be required to submit a drug test? I don't want to apply and then have to take one.

If Target doesn't drug test anymore how come when I go to apply online it says I will be required to submit a drug test? I don't want to apply and then have to take one.
Because if they suspect you are on drugs or get into an accident, they will test you. They may not test, but they still expect you to remain drug free.

That said, most stores are laying people off at this time...unless it's a specialized position, they aren't hiring right now...and if they are, run the other way.

Thank you for the response. Ours is still hiring and people there say it is a fun place to work. Even if it sucks it's better than what I'm doing right now.

Did tou get drug tested? Do they drug test in the maryland area i want to know before i work there plus im under 18 if that changes anything if they do how do they go about drug testing you.

I joined target last year and never got drug tested.

If they were to drug test me now I'd have nothing to hide.

Depends on the position during on-boarding. However, a drug test can be conducted if a leader believes a tm is under the influence of a controlled substance at work. They would have to speak to the ETL-HR to get that started. If a tm refuses to take the drug test, they could be terminated.

I am under 18 and was not drug tested when hired as a Hardlines TM. (Only about a month ago.)

I was drug tested and tested positive for amphetamines.

(I have ADHD and a prescription, was hired, and easily get twice as much done than anyone else, ADHD is a blessing as much as a hinderance).

Target stopped drug test around four or so years ago to save some money. Because they wasted money on around half of applicants failed drug test, but if you injuries on company property for any reason, you will required to have drug test and if you fail the test, you will become unemployed again.

No drug tests company wide, except for leadership and ap ( security) positions.

Depends on the position during on-boarding. However, a drug test can be conducted if a leader believes a tm is under the influence of a controlled substance at work. They would have to speak to the ETL-HR to get that started. If a tm refuses to take the drug test, they could be terminated.
We had an ONTM termed after failing a drug test related to an on-job injury.
After that, no one filed if they were injured at work.
Leadership was happy because they painted it as 'an improvement in work safety.'

I started at a time when they still tested seasonal hires. Sometime after that they started testing only regular hires, then later on only leadership, AP and pharmacy (when Target still ran it). When I moved into AP I didn't have to test again though. But I know some people who have been regular hires more recently, didn't get tested on initial hire, but had to take one when moving into leadership or AP.

It seems like if you want to be in leadership or AP you'll eventually have to take one, unless you were around when they were required and already did one.

I know they do test post injury, basically for any workers comp claim. And I do know several people who choose not to report injuries because of this. I would be interested to see how much workers comp claims have decreased since the policy changes a few years back.

I wasn't drug-tested when I was hired. But you never know when the winds will change. The wisest thing to do is not put something in your body that can't pass the legal sniff test. I'm glad I live by that motto, I had a job interview recently where middle of the interview they pulled out a drug-testing kit and swabbed my mouth, and nothing was said pre-interview that they were going to do that.

Why do so many people ask this and why do they always ask if others were tested?? Many people on here were tested, but Target 100% definitely stopped doing it around a year and a half ago.

You will not be tested unless applying for an AP position or if you are injured on the job.

Please don't come to work high.

I am looking into applying for my local Target in SoCal. I know this is a very drawn out topic but I have heard so many conflicting answers to the question on drug tests at target. Does target truly not perform pre-employee drug test anymore? Or does this depend on location? And answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Also, I should add I am applying for a position at the Starbucks in store if that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1227.PNG
    IMG_1227.PNG
    160.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1228.PNG
    IMG_1228.PNG
    166.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back