Archived No more ETL HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETLs around me start around 45k or 17$/hr, SrTL start around 15$/hr.

I guess my point is sr tl is not the same pay as ETL per hour. Also our SrTL doesn't always get 40 hours.

That said you are right some hr folks might be interested in moving down to SrHRTL but unless Target changes the limit on SrTLs from 3 at lv stores and 2 at hv stores I am not sure that works either.

My store was not affected by this change. There was another store in my district, the etlhr was given walking papers.

The thing that worries me is that moving down will be hard. You cant expect an hourly employee to do the same amount as a salaried person, but if they are in the same role essentially, they will almost certainly be expected to do that.

This is only going to be for low volume stores? I have mixed feelings about this, based on the performance of my store's ETLHR.

The thing that worries me is that moving down will be hard. You cant expect an hourly employee to do the same amount as a salaried person, but if they are in the same role essentially, they will almost certainly be expected to do that.

Target already does that with making Sr. TLs be LoD. Shouldn't be hard, just a bit depressing knowing the person before you was doing the same work for twice the pay.

It was made official at my store this morning ( asants according to the stl in the special huddle) we don't know where our current etl hr will be going . Or for that matter what she will be doing but in the words of the stl....the er htl position is being phased out in certain stores. 4 in our district.

Can confirm this in my store as well. ETL-HR told the leadership this morning.

Just had the sit down with my STL 30 minutes ago. My HR ETL can either look for a job outside Target or take on a different ETL position somewhere. We are getting a Sr HR TL and we will report to our STL. My HR ETL didn't look too thrilled today o_O. Him leaving benefits me a little, guaranteed 40 hours throughout the year. Exited for myself but trying to hide that from my HR ETL lol.

What does the ETL HR actually do? All The ETL HR seems to do in my store is hide in his office.

Since I have worked at target the hiring process has gotten hard, and the quality of people being hired has decreased.

I feel like target stores have too many management types, and not enough workers. Every department in the store does not need a ETL. Its a waste of payroll and creates too much red-tape.

I feel like this will cause HRTLs to end up with overtime quite frequently. Need to do an interview towards the end of your shift? Hopefully it doesn't go too long. A Flow TM cursed out their TL on the sales floor and walked out? Looks like you'll need to come in early tomorrow so you can fire them if they show up.

HR is not something where you need to be constantly checking the time and rushing things to avoid OT.

What does the ETL HR actually do? All The ETL HR seems to do in my store is hide in his office.

Since I have worked at target the hiring process has gotten hard, and the quality of people being hired has decreased.

I feel like target stores have too many management types, and not enough workers. Every department in the store does not need a ETL. Its a waste of payroll and creates too much red-tape.

I know as an HRTM this is a unique opportunity for me and like LUR99 I can only see my hours going up but I will say our ETL HR is going to be a huge loss.

Aside from being the store mom, she has talked numerous TMs out of quitting, told several overzealous ETLs not to have unrealistic expectation of TLs and has helped several of our TMs with personal issues (Verification for food stamps etc) she is the one who would tell me not to key that absence as a no call no show when the LOD overreacted to someone didn't call them back. She would always keep us one step ahead with hiring needs, posting an opening for a closing cashier when our crappy one was days from getting termed.

She also made it so the ETLS pets didn't get all the hours but rather made it relatively fair that everyone got hours.

Yes a TL can do a lot of those things but in some stores the ETL HR is the number two in command and so what they said carried a lot of weight.

My ETL HR is the one executive people could go to and trust she would advocate for them. Even though ETL HRS are forced to spout a lot of the company party line BS , I always felt the best ones did it with dignity and class. Gonna miss mine.

I work with my ETL-HR tonight. Hopefully we keep ours... though I doubt it. BTS results were really good last year and we already see our HRBP in-store multiple times a week.

HRZone it sounds like you have a much better HR team than my store has had since I've been with target. HR in my store only seems to help or have time for people willing to kiss up to them.

I feel like this will cause HRTLs to end up with overtime quite frequently. Need to do an interview towards the end of your shift? Hopefully it doesn't go too long. A Flow TM cursed out their TL on the sales floor and walked out? Looks like you'll need to come in early tomorrow so you can fire them if they show up.

HR is not something where you need to be constantly checking the time and rushing things to avoid OT.

My ETL-HR does very little terms. I as a TL have let go many people.

I know as an HRTM this is a unique opportunity for me and like LUR99 I can only see my hours going up but I will say our ETL HR is going to be a huge loss.

Aside from being the store mom, she has talked numerous TMs out of quitting, told several overzealous ETLs not to have unrealistic expectation of TLs and has helped several of our TMs with personal issues (Verification for food stamps etc) she is the one who would tell me not to key that absence as a no call no show when the LOD overreacted to someone didn't call them back. She would always keep us one step ahead with hiring needs, posting an opening for a closing cashier when our crappy one was days from getting termed.

She also made it so the ETLS pets didn't get all the hours but rather made it relatively fair that everyone got hours.

Yes a TL can do a lot of those things but in some stores the ETL HR is the number two in command and so what they said carried a lot of weight.

My ETL HR is the one executive people could go to and trust she would advocate for them. Even though ETL HRS are forced to spout a lot of the company party line BS , I always felt the best ones did it with dignity and class. Gonna miss mine.
Wow! Reading this really drives home just how awful my ETL-HR is! She does a terrible job of hiding her contempt for all of us and is the last person we can go to with anything.

I was told the HRBP would be handling things like that. The STL and any ETL could handle a situation like that as well.

Wow! Reading this really drives home just how awful my ETL-HR is! She does a terrible job of hiding her contempt for all of us and is the last person we can go to with anything.

I have a feeling that this is how HR is in most stores.

I wonder if HRZone is blind to how disliked HR is because they have worked HR for to long.

Our HRTM is borderline rude and is only part-time. Would a b-volume expect to lose the ETL-HR and gain a Sr TL HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back