Archived No more ETL HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
enhanced-25601-1449059962-8.png

Some ULV stores tried this a few years ago.

I was going to make a joke about how that would actually require our STL to do something besides schmooze every leader under the sun and perform general desk jockey tasks, but now I actually want to know what an STL does in an average week. Anyone able to give some genuine insight?

Yes, I can confirm that this true. They are starting to eliminate the position in stores that already have a great culture. The higher risk/volume stores will continue to have their ETL HRs through 2017. The position will be TL exclusive and I believe Sr. TL eligible. If you think about it, it is probably the only position that doesn't drive profitability so it would make sense for that to go first. Then, unfortunately for me and other AP people, AP would probably be next to get axed.

I was going to make a joke about how that would actually require our STL to do something besides schmooze every leader under the sun and perform general desk jockey tasks, but now I actually want to know what an STL does in an average week. Anyone able to give some genuine insight?
Lots and lots of meetings and conference calls.

No HR in store? Hahaha good luck with that!

This is the big announcement you and @glo were talking about yesterday eh?

Yeah I can't see HR completely going away but I can understand it disappearing from lower volume stores. Many low volume stores already have HR and AP combined.

My ETL HR makes our store run but we are an A+ volume store. To be honest I have always felt it's a waste for ETL HRs and ETL APs to take LOD shifts and I know at ultra high volume stores they simply do not. It makes much more sense for them to focus on their process and so I have always thought out loud that a store can get by with an APTL and HRTL.

Does anyone know if they are doing this by attrition or by reassignment? We dropped org charts and are losing our TLs by attrition but our execs have to go by the end of this month.

Yes, I can confirm that this true. They are starting to eliminate the position in stores that already have a great culture. The higher risk/volume stores will continue to have their ETL HRs through 2017. The position will be TL exclusive and I believe Sr. TL eligible. If you think about it, it is probably the only position that doesn't drive profitability so it would make sense for that to go first. Then, unfortunately for me and other AP people, AP would probably be next to get axed.
Great culture???

This is the big announcement you and @glo were talking about yesterday eh?

Yeah I can't see HR completely going away but I can understand it disappearing from lower volume stores. Many low volume stores already have HR and AP combined.

My ETL HR makes our store run but we are an A+ volume store. To be honest I have always felt it's a waste for ETL HRs and ETL APs to take LOD shifts and I know at ultra high volume stores they simply do not. It makes much more sense for them to focus on their process and so I have always thought out loud that a store can get by with an APTL and HRTL.

Does anyone know if they are doing this by attrition or by reassignment? We dropped org charts and are losing our TLs by attrition but our execs have to go by the end of this month.
HR no longer oversees AP, that was moved to the STL recently, I assume to lessen the shock of the disappearing ETL HR. Our HR has to be gone by August. If not by then, I could see a lot of ETL HRs just being moved to SrTL HR.

HR no longer oversees AP, that was moved to the STL recently, I assume to lessen the shock of the disappearing ETL HR. Our HR has to be gone by August. If not by then, I could see a lot of ETL HRs just being moved to SrTL HR.

Not sure about that last statement just because of the paycut.

You probably cut 10 hours a week but lose 15-20k a year depending on how well your state pays.

Then, unfortunately for me and other AP people, AP would probably be next to get axed.

This has already happened in lower risk/volume stores where ETL APS who leave via attrition being replaced by APTLS.

I don't like seeing people lose their jobs, so hopefully they will transfer titles, though probably at a loss of income.

Otherwise I'm all for this based on my own observations, though I have no data to look at regarding ETL-HR waste on a wide basis.

I know that at my store our hr tm...does most of the hr stuff anyways. Like someone else said I don't like the fact of someone losing their job etc ( cause that could happen to any of us ) but I can see where Spot think this is a good idea.

Heard this is happening in two local stores near me, also. I'm in support of the model where most stores have APTLs and HRTLs instead of ETL-HRs and the HRBP only has a single district. AP and HR should report directly to their BPs. Higher productivity and lower costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back