Archived No more LOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a couple days ago our STL informed most of the team that ETLs would no longer be LOD. Instead, there would be a designated TL each shift to act as LOD. She wasn't very clear as to why this change was made, she just made it seem like ETLs should focus more on their departments. What do you guys think about this and are any of your stores doing this?

Best practice is to have STL/ETL/SR.TL do LOD shifts. Everybody should be involved in LOD rotations. SR.TL's are supposed to only do no more than 3 LOD shifts a week each. I mean, I don't know if that's something that has to be followed and enforced at field leader level, but it's definitely what is said when you look at LOD process under workbench. More specifics is that STL's and ETL HR/AP are to have the least amount of LOD shifts, leaving most of the weight to bare onto the Salesfloor ETL's, GE ETL's, and Store Ops.

Best practice is to have STL/ETL/SR.TL do LOD shifts. Everybody should be involved in LOD rotations. SR.TL's are supposed to only do no more than 3 LOD shifts a week each. I mean, I don't know if that's something that has to be followed and enforced at field leader level, but it's definitely what is said when you look at LOD process under workbench. More specifics is that STL's and ETL HR/AP are to have the least amount of LOD shifts, leaving most of the weight to bare onto the Salesfloor ETL's, GE ETL's, and Store Ops.
It's definitely not set in stone. The STL, ETL-HR and ETL-AP at my store get the same number of LOD shifts as everyone else (two a week), and an STL in my district doesn't use Sr. TLs at all for LOD shifts.

It's definitely not set in stone. The STL, ETL-HR and ETL-AP at my store get the same number of LOD shifts as everyone else (two a week), and an STL in my district doesn't use Sr. TLs at all for LOD shifts.

Are you low volume?

5 LOD shifts on the new schedule for me. 4 happens frequently. I'm a Sr.

This is all spot on. My STL ETL AP and ETL HR all get one LOD shift a week. Our two EITs, SRTL, Ops, HL and SL get anywhere from 2 to 3

We had a period where there was only an STL, 1 ETL, and 2 Sr. TLs. The STL and ETL were doing 3 per week and the Srs were doing 4. We have more ETLs now, but 1 of the Sr. TLs still usually does 4.

TLOD is something that they tried in the past, and it works nice, but then my store just gave up on it. On the new 10 day, TLs are getting assigned again for shifts. In the past, there still was an LOD, but the TLOD would do much of the responding as an LOD. In a sense, it helped the TLs get promoted as a result.

The ETLs always let me be acting LOD while they have meetings or work with their team. They do that because I expressed interest in moving up to Sr.TL so they give me lots of responsibility.

The ETLs always let me be acting LOD while they have meetings or work with their team. They do that because I expressed interest in moving up to Sr.TL so they give me lots of responsibility.

I know about that...I got to do the acting LOD thing for like a year before promoting to Sr.

We have almost as many senior TLs (3) as regular TLs (5, but that includes Starbucks and AP) so TLOD doesn't happen. SrTLs will help out with random LOD calls if the LOD (Sr or ETL) is occupied or on the other side of the store.

Our store has an LOD, TLOD and FLOD for open and close every single day. It's extremely annoying to be a Starbucks team lead and the FLOD and have to run food when I'm stuck by myself or having a rush.
Luckily weekends aren't bad because the ETLs on my weekend work their asses off and get that we can't do much outside our area but during the week with different ones I run food side from starbucks on a walkie. it doesn't work well.

TLOD is a role that some stores use to help develop Team Leaders into being Business owners and taking some of the weight off the Actual LOD. Its gives the team a person to contact for lower level questions and tasks while the actual LOD can keep control of the store. I know I have worked along side an STL that loved the TLOD role and I grew to like the role as well. I actually have used the role to promote several Team Leaders to ETL. But It also creates confusion as well for the team. Who do they call when they need help? do they Call the LOD or the TLOD? can get pretty confusing. But I also utilize the TLOD to cover calls when I am on my dreaded "conference calls" that I love oh so much.

This is something we do in my store already.

At the core - there is still a Sr-TL or ETL LOD as mentioned previously in this thread - an LOD needs to have codes/keys/etc. However we still place TL's into LOD roles for general questions/direction - mostly this is for TL's who are exceptional in their roles and wish to promote. Most will become Sr. TL's in our store.

Generally it ends up working more as two LOD's most days with the TLOD and SrTLOD/ETLOD of the day both answering calls/giving direction. It's kind of a silent understanding that you can't expect the LOD to be able focus on tasks in their area if they're getting LOD calls all over the place. So often when it's planned for the Hardlines TL to be the TLOD of a shift - if they have a big workload for their workcenter for the day either others will dedicate extra focus to that work or else we will trade off the LOD responsibilities to someone else.

It might seem complicated but with everyone on the same page and actually working together on it - it helps make the day run smoother for us. I feel like your store really needs to run well for this LOD style to shine, and luckily ours does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back