Archived No more noreceipt returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we would do the same! I would enjoy "guests" start throwing a fit and embarress them selves when they find out about the new policy.
Oh no! I want to return this dress that I wore for one night and no longer like, i don't have the receipt or anything! I know target will take it though :D
aa7EjUO.gif

I'd be happy if we could stop taking back seasonal stuff after the holiday.
Example- I don't want to take back your Halloween costume (worn or not) on December 20th.
We do, well once all the seasonal stuff has gone through their clearance cycle and gets salvaged out we happily decline the return.

I'd be happy if we could stop taking back seasonal stuff after the holiday.
Example- I don't want to take back your Halloween costume (worn or not) on December 20th.

Well...then don't. It's actual policy that costumes can't be returned after Halloween. Now if only this applied to candy and lights.

Well...then don't. It's actual policy that costumes can't be returned after Halloween. Now if only this applied to candy and lights.
Why the fuck would they allow candy to be returned?

Why the fuck would they allow candy to be returned?

Because you can return food I guess. People buy 5 bags...only use 2 of them...and then realise each bag was like $8. So they return what they didn't use. What they don't know, is it doesn't go back to the floor, it goes to donate.

There is no written policy posted anywhere in our store that mentions not returning costumes. We took them back for 90 days from the date of purchase.

There is no written policy posted anywhere in our store that mentions not returning costumes. We took them back for 90 days from the date of purchase.

It should be online. We have signs we post in seasonal to notify guests of the policy as well. Worth mentioning to your TL when Halloween rolls around.

In this digital, environmentally friendly age, why are we still bothering with receipts? More than 80% of the paper receipts are not recycled , they end up in our rivers and oceans. Pollution. Global warming. Coal. Donald Trump.
Retail needs a system to identify people by scanning facial features or retina.

In this digital, environmentally friendly age, why are we still bothering with receipts? More than 80% of the paper receipts are not recycled , they end up in our rivers and oceans. Pollution. Global warming. Coal. Donald Trump.
Retail needs a system to identify people by scanning facial features or retina.

the-future-is-now-2.gif

It should be online. We have signs we post in seasonal to notify guests of the policy as well. Worth mentioning to your TL when Halloween rolls around.

Nah, there was a directive from Corp q4 that said "attempt every return" on workbench. Word is a lot of STLs have pushed back to the dtls and gvps about that

Nah, there was a directive from Corp q4 that said "attempt every return" on workbench. Word is a lot of STLs have pushed back to the dtls and gvps about that

Yeah, I've heard that too. But it only applies to valid returns within the policy. That's how we've done it. I'm pretty sure the policy on costumes is stated somewhere in more straight forward terms. I looked and only saw this...
  • Holiday items and limited-time-only collections may have modified return policies.
Of course more vague, but still. Common sense. It's amazing how much more ground you have to stand on by just posting a sign. We do the same for our air mattress and camping aisle.

That kind of policy is my dream come true, but...

...I can't see my store doing it anytime soon. For now, the best we can do is have a yearly limit per ID for no-receipt returns.

I thought there was communication for stores to ignore the no return policy on Halloween costumes this past year. Might have been a headline on Workbench.

I thought there was communication for stores to ignore the no return policy on Halloween costumes this past year. Might have been a headline on Workbench.

I vaguely remember reading about that too.

As for us though, we have been cracking down on fraudulent returns as much as we can and I love it. We don't even offer cash if you paid with a card. If you do want cash though, we have to verify the card that was used in the transaction. We don't return electronics or HBA items without a receipt or a card that you might've paid with. If we see a lot of coupons were used (extreme couponer level) we flat out deny it. As for no receipt returns, we usually do them unless we see that it's some obvious shady guy. We just lie and say their ID is maxed out.

A lot of guests always say we don't follow company policy but it's always funny to see their reaction when we tell them that it's up to the store manager's discretion as well.

Actually now that I think of it...isnt the policy usually on the receipt for costumes? I really just can't remember. I'm probably getting it confused with our designer collaborations.

It's not on the receipt and it's not posted.

It's absolutely posted. They send out signs every year to put up at the service desk and back in seasonal.

They did, as has been mentioned, end up sending out direction last year to disregard the policy and accept the returns anyway.

The only exception we made on costumes, was if they were purchased after Halloween. The logic being, well the holiday has passed, so you're less likely to have used it once and returned it.

About 12-15 years ago they "tried" an after holiday return policy like this. No matter what you bought the tree, lights, costumes for you would get back the current clearance price even with a receipt. It was sheer chaos! I have never been screamed at by so many people in such a short period of time. Lasted 1 season. Then they went strict 90 days, no receipt no return. Now it depends on how you paid what the item is blah blah blah. Also it depends greatly what store your in and how much of a backbone your ETLS have. This is the exact reason people throw a fit. We need to adopt a return policy and STICK WITH IT. There are guests that will get pissed. I will give them directions to Walmart. But if you stay consistent and enforce the written policy in all stores, the guests will cut down on the temper tantrums. They will see it gets them no where. Also in the day of conceal and carry its only a matter of time before some nut job who can't handle the responsibility will threaten someone. That area should be a higher pay grade.

Corp. Killed that policy for 2016. We were forced to take the returns by our stl. Hopefully no after holiday returns this year.

Corp. Killed that policy for 2016. We were forced to take the returns by our stl. Hopefully no after holiday returns this year.

Lol, well that shit missed my store. Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back