Archived No More Prompts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else heard that they are taking away the prompts? We were told by our DTL this week that they are going away with the prompts (I didn't catch when he said this was going to happen) and your conversion will be based on what you got last year. So say last year on Jan 1st you got 7 redcards then this year on Jan 1st you need to get 7 or more.
I didn't get anymore information than that since it was crazy busy when he was in the store but I'm interested to see what happens with this!

So, what you're saying is that I'll have to remember which day I got my one red card on in 2014? I think it was in November.

Regardless, it sounds like it makes the goal store-based not individual-based like is the case in Canada.

It's actually one of the few things I liked more about Target Canada than Target US, so I'm fine with the change if it happens.

I do like this. Having 20 red cards but 600 prompts is not that fair. Hope it's true.

I think it would be more fair to have it based on your total number of transactions vs # of cards (although that would probably fuck me as I don't get many redcards but I have a lot of transactions). If you have one cashier get 10 people paying more than $40 with cash they will have more prompts than the cashier getting 10 people paying with cards. It really doesn't make much sense.

No more prompts... So you can start practicing the CurrentC hard sell lingo. Good times will happen when that rolls out.....

Rumor flying from my stl and etlhr is that they are gonna change the company goal and once a store meets that goal the metric will go invisigreen. Supposedly to keep stores focused on more than meeting their group goals of 7%.

So it sounds like they're copying their formula for sales goals and translating it to redcards.
One of the main ways that they judge store success is by viewing the store's mature sales (e.g. Sales made this November vs last November). The point of that is to determine whether a store is growing in its market share, or if it's stagnating.

If they're doing this with redcards now, I think it would be a relief. Instead of district setting unreasonable conversion goals, the only goal would be to get more redcards than you did the previous year, and that would indicate growth for the store.

So it sounds like they're copying their formula for sales goals and translating it to redcards.
One of the main ways that they judge store success is by viewing the store's mature sales (e.g. Sales made this November vs last November). The point of that is to determine whether a store is growing in its market share, or if it's stagnating.

If they're doing this with redcards now, I think it would be a relief. Instead of district setting unreasonable conversion goals, the only goal would be to get more redcards than you did the previous year, and that would indicate growth for the store.
Which sounds good in theory, but how long will it take to change the way of thinking and acting on the lanes? And then the CurrentC stuff adds converting those red cards to enrollment into the app. Is that going to be the new conversion goal?

Which sounds good in theory, but how long will it take to change the way of thinking and acting on the lanes? And then the CurrentC stuff adds converting those red cards to enrollment into the app. Is that going to be the new conversion goal?
How do you track CurrentC signups? Aren't we supposed to push cartwheel as well? I haven't ever done that unless a guest asks what it's for. Unless they find a way to track the signups (I can't think of a reasonable way, maybe you can) then store leadership will just ignore the app and continue to push redcards, which are tracked and can have a real effect on performance reviews.

The whole point of the app is tracking for the merchant, there will be some metric tied to it.... Think about it, it's target.

You will have to convince guests how wonderful it is, you will now push the integration of the RC and cartwheel in one scan (see, talking about both).

I don't know how it will "roll out", but it won't just be ignored.... "Mobile payments are here!"

Where I'm really worried, and feel bad for the employees, are the other CurrenC partners that don't push things like this now. It's going to get crazy in places that are new to the "debit card" and app scene. Can you see the WM cashiers pushing debit sign ups for the app?!

Either scenario, I'm hoping I'm wrong. As much as the merchants want/need it to take off - I'm not optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back