Archived No more than 30 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cashiers, Softlines, and Cart Attendant are usually the ones up on our board since those are the areas we're down in. STL does not plan to hire for awhile and is instead letting people in other areas to take the shifts to supplement their hours.

It's the opposite in our store. We are hiring all positions but TMs aren't getting to pick up extra shifts or hours. From what I'm told we're stocking up on new hires before announcing changes to the old team. That way when the old time team realizes they are being screwed over their replacements will already be hired.

It's the opposite in our store. We are hiring all positions but TMs aren't getting to pick up extra shifts or hours. From what I'm told we're stocking up on new hires before announcing changes to the old team. That way when the old time team realizes they are being screwed over their replacements will already be hired.

Our STL told us that he isn't even thinking about opening hiring again until maybe June at the earliest. We're meeting our Sales Goals and squeaking by with the coverage we have. Our seasonals have mostly been busts with maybe 1 making it per cycle. I think he's not willing to expend the effort when there are plenty of rockstars clamoring for the hours. We're a low volume store though so I think we can get away with that.

My store is ramping up the old HR needless hiring machine once again. When I asked why I was told the DTL is expecting 50% turnover by September so they’re starting now :rolleyes:

Our STL told us that he isn't even thinking about opening hiring again until maybe June at the earliest. We're meeting our Sales Goals and squeaking by with the coverage we have. Our seasonals have mostly been busts with maybe 1 making it per cycle. I think he's not willing to expend the effort when there are plenty of rockstars clamoring for the hours. We're a low volume store though so I think we can get away with that.
Is this, dare I say, common sense being implemented? Kudos to your STL. I’m guessing there’s no revolving door spinning at break neck speed here. *slow clap*

Is this, dare I say, common sense being implemented? Kudos to your STL. I’m guessing there’s no revolving door spinning at break neck speed here. *slow clap*

Our STL is pretty awesome. I think it also helps that our store is full of longtime non-seasonal TMs who are crosstrained for a ton of different areas. I'm not saying things are spectacular as there's some grumbling and a few people going out to look for other jobs. Overall though, I think he and our equally awesome ETL-HR have worked really hard to mitigate the damage.

The idea is to minimize ‘full time’, not eliminate it. There’s always a few who are definitely worth it.
Nope. There are many people well worth it. But this is a bottom line businesses. They need to cut where they can. Getting rid of full time benefits is perfect for them. There are zero tms left at my old store with full time benefits now. In his state you can get supplemental unemployment if you have been screwed over from over 30 hours a week to 12. Almost all of them are partaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back