Archived No more than 30 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I've read that at some point this year, if you are just a regular TM, to not expect more than 30 hours. Can someone confirm they've heard this? I have also heard that the turnover rate is going to be insane.
I've bugged my TLs about this and they swear up and down that it isn't true (I don't think they'd lie to me tbh). They claim they talked to my ETL about it and she also said it is not true. ASANTS, maybe? My store is a Super and is the second best in our district.
I've worked for Target for over a year now, and while it definitely has it's issues, I still like working here and I love my consistent 40 hours a week. I have completely open availability and my ETL (Softlines) straight up told me she doesn't know what she'd do without me. On top of it I "own" the shoe department and lord knows nobody else would want to. I've been scheduled 40 hours consistently for a long time now and I just noticed that the newest schedule I'm only scheduled 30. When I saw it I was like "well, it has begun." Haha I'm probably just overly paranoid. Maybe.

What have you guys heard? And when would this all start happening, if it isn't already?

I haven’t heard anything official about keeping tms below 30 but it wouldn’t surprise me if it became a directive. Average hours for tms at my store is 16 since January anyway.

At my store, at the meeting we discussed having all new hires come in at 20 hours average or less, with typical 4 hour shifts. The plan though is for that and the ones already getting less hours to offset the few rockstar/veteran TMs keeping their Monday-Friday 6-2 40hrs/week. But the amount of people we’re going to let keep that is like 4 or 5 total. Only the ones that are actually really good, and versatile. We aren’t ‘trying to get rid of people’, but we won’t be giving extra assistance to the ones who can’t hang, who have bad attendance, and if you don’t open up your availability, you won’t be given extra consideration when we write the schedule. Available from 4am-noon only? Sorry, you’re being scheduled 8am-noon then, instead of 10am-4pm like your more flexible peers.

No TMs are allowed to stay long enough to take a lunch. No one over 30. Most between 4 and 20. We are hiring all positions yet we won't give any current TMs extra hours. New hires need open availability and are being scheduled for 4 hour shifts.

1 DBO in electronics get 40/hr week and the others 30 but that will probably change once we fill the last spot (not for the DBO) but for the other TMs. I believe few of our DBOs on the Salesfloor get and will continue to get 40hrs/week. Our beauty TMs get 35-40/hrs week.

But all the rest of peers from flow I believe get strictly part time hours.

I’m a former PA that gets 34-38 hrs a week and benefits. I currently do dairy at my P Fresh store. Me and my other coworker who does produce gets the same amount. I don’t see how we won’t continue to get that since we have to get our pallets pushed.

I have been getting 36-40 hours for years but lately I have been getting 28 then 24 then 20 and now next week it is down to 16. Will be losing my benefits I guess.

I have been getting 36-40 hours for years but lately I have been getting 28 then 24 then 20 and now next week it is down to 16. Will be losing my benefits I guess.
Pick up some shifts from the swap book.... there's always cashier shifts. Anything you can do to keep yours hours up and insurance available.

I'm usually happy with the amount of hours I get, between 34-38, but knowing Starbucks has helped me get my hours in the high 30's on shitty payroll weeks.

My average hours in mytime are 38.5 or something over 1.5 years+, I'd be surprised if I was kept under 30.

According to my store once Target reaches the $15 for PG35 no benefits will be offered. Until then full time TMs are to be phased out, being replaced w part time new hires. New hires right now are only being offered 4 hour shifts.

According to my store once Target reaches the $15 for PG35 no benefits will be offered. Until then full time TMs are to be phased out, being replaced w part time new hires. New hires right now are only being offered 4 hour shifts.
Oh, yeah, in the long run, this will work out GREAT for the company. Stores full of uncommitted part-timer TMs and over stressed Leaders. What could go wrong? 🤔

Always cashier shifts in the swap at my store, esp if you can work a closing shift or are willing to pick up a weekend shift.
I remember the swap board at my old store was 70% cashier shifts. They were usually trying to get rid of one of their clopen shifts, myself included lol. Those leave at midnight and come back in at 8am schedules were evil!

Last edited:
Cashiers, Softlines, and Cart Attendant are usually the ones up on our board since those are the areas we're down in. STL does not plan to hire for awhile and is instead letting people in other areas to take the shifts to supplement their hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back