Archived No more yellow tags or bins for abandons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea so I've started to notice that they are slowly replacing the yellow tags with plain white ones. So all the revisions that price change is doing in my market area are with white lables as well as my new sets have white lable strips. My stl has "no answer" but we all know what that means.

Then some big wigs can by our store and said that the bins we keep out abandons in weren't brand and that there to be no bins or vehicles (even smart carts) to hold abandons in. Instead guest services puts everything in a pile and each workcenter is responsible for checking guest service every ten to 15 mins to clear the abandons out. This usually equates to a massive pile with every department mixed in and market having to spend 20 min to sort out all our crap to repush at 5 am.

He also took down all out communication boards in our clerical hallway because they weren't brand either.

Anyone else having these changes in thier store or is our dtl just going nuts?

These changes have been happening at my store for awhile. Guest service routinely looks terrible (with all the reshop piled up all over the place.)

Switching them to eliminate the guest confusion about clearance vs regular prices. Store have until April/May to switch all the departments out.

under transition guides there is a rollout guide for white labels and strips.

Yes, the yellow price labels are being phased out to make the new clearance labels stand out. Personally, I think the white labels look cheap, but I’ll get used to it and then they’ll change it again. Lol.

We use about 7-8 red bins for abandons at guest Service. They are behind the bar where the carts used to go. Our group director made us get rid of the carts last year. I thought it was a R100 thing, but it might be company wide now. Personally, I think it’s stupid. It all gets sorted as items get returned, but then all of Hardlines reshop (minus Electronics) just gets picked up, dumped in one cart, and thus re-sorted again.

Softlines also can’t have any reshop at the fitting room. They don’t even get to have the bar or hangers back there. All of that got moved up to the front inside our old photo lab closet. So now every 20 min someone from Softlines has to pick up reshop from the lanes and service desk, sort it at the photo lab, and then pass it out to all the other Softlines TMs to work out in their areas.

It was on the Merch Update last week. Branding so guests don’t get confused with the new yellow clearance look. IMO it looks cleaner, my ETL said it was silly spot for going to yellow and removing the Red.

As far as the no vehicles, we tried that for a week or two, everyone hated it.

He also took down all out communication boards in our clerical hallway because they weren't brand either.

Anyone else having these changes in thier store or is our dtl just going nuts?

My DTL did the same thing, he said the communication boards will eventually be removed from all stores.

And some of you guys gave me crap for suggesting a communication board, saying that they'd never tolerate us taking the time to read it before hitting the floor. ;)

A lot of communication boards have been reduced such as backroom ones where the metrics aren’t even updated anymore.

Someone at my store, probably HR painted a section of the wall in TMSC a matte black to use as a chalkboard for communications, but then His Excellency the DTL sauntered in one day and when he saw it his eyeballs popped out of his head Ren & Stimpy style and he roared "WHAT'S THIS?!" Everybody was confused for a minute until someone squeaked, "W-what seems to be the problem, Your Excellency?" "NOT BRAND!" roared His Excellency in reply, and the peasants quickly scurried to cover up the offending blemish. Or at least that's what I heard, I wasn't there that day but this actually happened sans some minor embellishments

Someone at my store, probably HR painted a section of the wall in TMSC a matte black to use as a chalkboard for communications, but then His Excellency the DTL sauntered in one day and when he saw it his eyeballs popped out of his head Ren & Stimpy style and he roared "WHAT'S THIS?!" Everybody was confused for a minute until someone squeaked, "W-what seems to be the problem, Your Excellency?" "NOT BRAND!" roared His Excellency in reply, and the peasants quickly scurried to cover up the offending blemish. Or at least that's what I heard, I wasn't there that day but this actually happened sans some minor embellishments

Yup it's always annoyed me how we have to scramble to take down communication, "call me if a shift opens up" boards etc. Down during visits.

So the "no sorting at guest services" thing has hit our store. We're now supposed to put reshop carts on the line with a pull tag. LOL.

Keep your DTL. Do not give him to my store. We've got paper signs all over TSC about all sorts of things and it is great for a visual learner like me. I like that I can see a sign about a charity 5k run/walk or information about new brands being released or holiday dress or some silly little in-store contest or whatever.

And while I'm reminiscing about a battle long lost, I wish we had kept the stupid bins behind GS. When I hear on the walkie that I have another cart of reshop and I go up to get it and not only is there my cart and market's cart, there's three carts for hardlines and a couple of abandoned carts that no one has had opportunity to separate because the line is long at GS and in general it looks like a tornado went through, I have a hard time believing that this looks any better than the bins.

I really miss my reshop bins. They took those down over the summer and had us put a line of regular shopping carts in their place with laminated paper signs over each to tell us what goes in each. The carts take up more floor space, meaning we have less room to move at GS. And because the carts hold more, we don't push out as often as we used to do. The only advantage I can see to them is that large items can usually fit in the cart, where they often didn't in the bins.

Not only did we have reshop in those bins, but we also had guest holds, lost&found, AP/empty package, paid&left, and our cleaning supplies. *And* some of our FF locations. When the wall-o-bins was taken away, FF moved entirely into the TSC. And now it's back in GS on metal shelves.

All of this is horrendously tacky looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back