Archived No one wants to be me

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have different personalities and skill sets. What is easy or fun for one would be agony for another. I worked with a GSTL who loved it. He said it was great, because when he went home, the job was done, and there was always someone up there running things. I would feel like I was in prison up there.

Flo and BR TL? We are e2e so we don't have those? And what exactly do they have to do that we don't? I set all my own pogs, have to do all my own pulls, work out all the candy, do all checklane fills. Plus all the guest garbage that comes with being a gstl. And no, you don't just get to say yes or no based on policy and walk away. And the fact that you say the gstl is aggravating because they have to call for backup means you may be a reason no one wants to do the job. Backup is a priority function of every position in the store. In fact according to my DTL, group TL, and STL guest service is the most important piece of the entire store. All The vendor stuff is handled by a receiving TM at our store so the CTL doesn't really deal with that here. I guess each store of different but some of talks gstls sound like they got a cushy position.....
the fact that you don't know what a flow or br tl does says it all

Pretty much. I get dealing with guest can be a strain but GSTLs are responsible for the smallest section of the store. The lanes, One Spot and GS

Plano TL, Flow TL and BR have functions dealing with the entire floor and backroom. HLTL has the entire flow to worry about. SL is probably the biggest section while CTL has a lot of small shit to worry about in Pfresh and Dry.

I mean, all positions aren't created equal. There are some that just going to be easier or harder than others. That's why HLs makes more than Cashiers and Logistics makes more than rest of the non specialty TMs.

Flow TL is harder than GSTL, bar none. How many times have you heard "Team we need a backup on flow, so we can clear the floor of dangerous hazards and fill the shelves to make money for us to get paid). You at least, can call for help.
It has happened in our store because previous stl tripped over pallet and dumped his starbucks on him. (the italicized area anyway.) Although I will disagree on the harder part. I say Flow TL and Gstl are equal hardness. gstl has to deal with irascible guests and other issues without support alot. FlowTL has to deal with problems that if not corrected will lead to irascible guests. (like the fact that price change did activate the pricing our signage said so the signs say $6 and the price is actually 8. )

Nobody ever wants to swap jobs with me.

aaf_cry.gif
ROTFLOL. I did your job and Flow for 3 months in texas heat. Come back when you work 6 am to 5 pm and do both.

Flo and BR TL? We are e2e so we don't have those? And what exactly do they have to do that we don't? I set all my own pogs, have to do all my own pulls, work out all the candy, do all checklane fills. Plus all the guest garbage that comes with being a gstl. And no, you don't just get to say yes or no based on policy and walk away. And the fact that you say the gstl is aggravating because they have to call for backup means you may be a reason no one wants to do the job. Backup is a priority function of every position in the store. In fact according to my DTL, group TL, and STL guest service is the most important piece of the entire store. All The vendor stuff is handled by a receiving TM at our store so the CTL doesn't really deal with that here. I guess each store of different but some of talks gstls sound like they got a cushy position.....
You should still have a FlowTL to supervise the offload and if it functions correctly have them wave the hardest hit section so that person isnt drowning in freight.

Unload big ass trucks. Pulls off your one spot, pulls your battery pogs, grabs you bags and Get for Guest, makes the hanger bin for the CA, Flexes, SFS, Instocks, Bales, Audits, inventory, does other workcenters work like BS Market or SF, or Pushes Market and One Spot.

You shouldn't be pulling from as a GSTL. Why would you walk way to the back to do that? Also your team isnt bigger than flow. Stocking One Spot and an Endcap is childsplay. A good flow TM does 3 times that before first break.

Seriously, I'd love to be GSTL. People aren't going to hop out of lines cause it's long and I'd tell every guest trying to return their costumes after OCT to fuck off

You got it easy. Just tell everyone to fuck off. When I doing a flex today at the front a guest thought I was GS and asked me if she could return a sweater she got for Christmas

I told her no, she asked was I sure and I said yeah, we don't do that and she left. Front end needs to grow a spine
SMH

I doubt your CA hops on the wave and grabs front steel in the backroom

I also doubt that you leave the front to actually go pull batches. Not only because one spot (buck) isn't even backstocked, but because there's no way to lead the front while a relatively big batch.

You're also not responsible for everything I mentioned. You don't unload the truck, you don't backstock, you don't make bales or sort one spot from the other push.

You probably don't even set one spot alone.

Why the f*** is your CA certified to drive the wave and have keys to it? You put your hanger bins on the floor because CA is supposed to be outside getting carts or inside cleaning bathrooms or doing other cleaning and resupply.

As for setting One spot, can we quit with the pissing contest. Any compentent TM can set and fill One spot.

Also, GSTL doesnt need to do bales (a former brtl who is e2e would be doing that)
Backstock (again that can be done on slow periods by the finished e2e person or anyone certified to do it)

Both are hard AF and the pissing contest needs to end. I have done both in various jobs and there are equal in stress. SilentCrow is right, the busier the store the more demanding it is.

Why the f*** is your CA certified to drive the wave and have keys to it? You put your hanger bins on the floor because CA is supposed to be outside getting carts or inside cleaning bathrooms or doing other cleaning and resupply.
I'm certified to operate the wave.

It sounds like Your CA is barely doing half the job.

I'm certified to operate the wave.

It sounds like Your CA is barely doing half the job.
My ca is busy doing the things he is supposed to be doing. If I found you in the backroom when you should be pushing carts I want to see that they aren't ANY carts in the parking lot. There are plenty of other TM TL's that can get a bin down.

It sounds like to me you have lazy mgmt.
Spotless bathrooms, no carts in the parking lot, no carts on the sales floor empty and hanger bins empty up front before you are gallivanting in the back doing things that other TMS should be doing. So no my ca isn't doing half a job. he's doing his job.

Our CAs are wave trained as well. It helps the one BR TM not have to run to the complete opposite end of the store to grab bags/supplies. What's the harm in them grabbing bags when there's enough carts in the cart well?

My CA isn't waved trained. No one want to bother when BR can just grab the bags from steal. No point to learn the wave to do only one thing that you only would do maybe 3 times a month, and that's split between 4 CAs so never

Lordy... not all of my shifts are as a CA and many times I transition from one workplace to another.

Hence, I'm a CA who is wave trained.

bG4x9zu.gif

I doubt your CA hops on the wave and grabs front steel in the backroom

I also doubt that you leave the front to actually go pull batches. Not only because one spot (buck) isn't even backstocked, but because there's no way to lead the front while a relatively big batch.

You're also not responsible for everything I mentioned. You don't unload the truck, you don't backstock, you don't make bales or sort one spot from the other push.

You probably don't even set one spot alone.

Ummm yes my CA is certified. Also making sure we have bags in the front in my high volume store is important. Our backroom is short staffed so they don't pull batches after 11am. I pull my own batched all the time whether you believe it or not.

I learned how to pull batches out of necessity. I also trained cashiers to pull batches because BR usually don't have the man power to do it. You can check my post history, I mentioned that time and time again.

Back stock, yes I have done it for the same reasons I pull batches. If I have a GSA I'll do it myself, if not I'll sacrifice a cashier to do it. You're telling me what I don't do when you have no idea. I do pull batches on the regular, back stock every once in a while. I'm very close with the BRTL because we understand we both have major workload. When I do things myself or train one of my team members it helps the BRTL out too. As both of our departments deal with understaffing.

Like I said all positions are hard and can vary depending on the store volume. If it's so easy you need to switch departments so you can have an easy life. I promise you one of those GSTLs will gladly relinquish their spot.

Last edited:
When I was a GSTL, I pulled all my own batches as well, so apparently that's not all that uncommon. Granted, that was back in the day when I was at a store with 4 GSTLs o_O.

As far as being GSTL, the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure that every cashier/GSTM knows everything you do. I did everything I could to develop the cashiers so that they would never call me for a 'process' question. The job becomes a lot less stressful when you don't have to run back and forth to answer every silly little question.

Last edited:

Unfortunately for you, you misinterpreted the sarcasm. We don't have TL's over those areas as we don't have them! There is no flo team, there is no backroom team at our store. Everyone is expected to push freight, pull batches, zone, backstock for their respective areas. It's called e2e maybe you don't have it yet. As gstl yes we have to get that done with staff in our area or do it ourselves. You comment was ignorant as you have zero idea of what e2e is like obviously.

Even in E2E, I'm pretty sure GE is supposed to focus on GE alone. Whatever product is up there, usually essentials or food, that team should be setting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back