Archived No phone calls taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo our stl had told us we arent taking phone calls starting today going till saturday. Like literally not answering any calls. The phone has been taken off forwarding to zebras and no night service. Is this a thing? I personally find it horrendous :/

It's a blessing...

Seriously...

People will call to ask if we have the whole ad in stock. With a billion people in the store you won't have time for that...

Sounds like they may be planning on someone doing nothing other than answering phones so the sales floor will be left alone to focus on guests in the store.
Hope so. Someone might have to call out...😳

Well tonight we were told to leave the phones alone no answering we have almost 200 missed calls :/ one lady came in furious at guest service cause no one was answering and she had some issue with her order -_- times like this im glad i fold tables amd dont ask quesrions

I can’t imagine that. We had a storm earlier this year. Snow, ice, and wind knocked out power everywhere. We were like the only store open, so everyone was here. The phones were down and we barely had wifi. Everything was running so slowly.

Anyway, we had no phones at all. I got called in through a text message that took over an hour to send because of little to no service. I just showed up because no message would send through to anyone. Every like fourth guest that we took at guest service that day complained about us not answering our phones. I had to get the LOD because one woman was yelling and making such a scene and refused to leave. And we actually had a valid excuse, so I can’t even imagine no phones at this time of year.

That is just asking for trouble.. We had two major car accidents last year and TM's trying to get through. One that was caught in the back up and was a witness the other was the victim of a crash and was just trying to call in. And one employee asking if anyone could scoop them up since they needed a ride(shit happened). Should they be NCNS cause no answers the phone? yeah no..

Thats my issue its gonna be pouring down rain to boot so yeah people will be running behind. Or having one person answer like we have in the past but this year nope. We are to take it off all forwarding turn the ringer down or off (dont know if thst is possible) and focus on the guests in store :/

They should provide some way for team members to get a hold of the store if needed. No guest calls makes sense though. Yesterday was bad enough with a steady stream of calls for electronics, toys and seasonal. Always the same thing. Do you have X in stock? If they weren't calling us, they were calling GS who were asking us to switch to 3 to see if we had something in stock and can we bring that up to the desk. Those sections are going to be way too busy to deal with in store guests and the calls the next few days.

For people trying to call in, instead of punching 0 for operator, try punching 3236 for GS or 3203 for TSC. Try 3209 if your AP folks are sympathetic about TMs trying to call in when phones are off. Give CVS a couple bags of candy as an apology up front and choose the option to connect to the pharmacy from the main menu (it will switch to CVS's phone tree) and ask them to get the LOD. I don't remember electronics cordless extension or receiving or Starbucks or FA, but somewhere's there's a list, we have one at the fitting room desk. If you keep cycling through those extensions then you should be able to eventually get someone who can summon the LOD. However the extensions will only ring 4 times before being redirected to the base, so on the 5th ring hang up and try a different extension.

My guess is after 9:30pm or 10pm tonight, it will be slow enough that they can dedicate a team member to answering the phones who can look up basic availability but I would have them with instructions that there are no team members that can look up actual floor or back room availability and no holds even for other stores. "Our system says that we should have at least one of that item but it is not in real time and it could be in someone's cart or sold by the time you get here. There are no holds of any kind permitted today even while you are driving in. Your best bet would be to either come in and shop or to shop on Target.com for pickup another day or shipped directly to you."

Hopefully they just have one person designated to answer the calls. If not then I would have an issue with them not answering the phones. Besides the guests trying to call in and then getting upset they’ll also miss any call offs. Also while we all hope that nothing would ever happen to any of our loved ones things do happen. Should something happen and someone needed to get ahold of a team member for an emergency and couldn’t then there could be problems.

No phone calls during this time period is actually one of the best ideas corporate has thunk up in a long time. Go figure...

Guess they won't have to worry about those pesky calls from other stores....or guests....or district staff calling to check sales.
Who doesn't see that blowing up in their faces devices?
District staff can call the stls cell. They’re also all in group chats.

Thats my issue its gonna be pouring down rain to boot so yeah people will be running behind. Or having one person answer like we have in the past but this year nope. We are to take it off all forwarding turn the ringer down or off (dont know if thst is possible) and focus on the guests in store :/

It is raining so bad where I am at, I actually needed my 4x4 to be in 4H to get through the street flooding. I never grab that lever unless there is snow on the ground..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back