Archived No phone interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just applied and got a phone call. They asked me the basics like why I wanted to work at Target, what position, and my availability. They seemed to like me and set up an in person interview at my store the soonest I'm available, which is in a few days.

After googling a few things, it sounds like most people do a phone interview. Is it a bad sign that they never even mentioned that to me? I still got an actual interview, and they seemed to like me like I said. I'm just a bit confused now.

I overheard a TL doing one in the TSC maybe last month. It was more intensive than what OP described, though.

I just applied and got a phone call. They asked me the basics like why I wanted to work at Target, what position, and my availability. They seemed to like me and set up an in person interview at my store the soonest I'm available, which is in a few days.

After googling a few things, it sounds like most people do a phone interview. Is it a bad sign that they never even mentioned that to me? I still got an actual interview, and they seemed to like me like I said. I'm just a bit confused now.

Either the phone call was your phone interview, or the store doesn't do phone interviews and does them in-person instead.

I've never heard of a phone interview. But it's been 10 years since I was hired so maybe it's a new thing.

I've never heard of a phone interview. But it's been 10 years since I was hired so maybe it's a new thing.

I think they only started doing them a couple years ago. As a seasonal hire 4 years ago, I had two in-person interviews and an immediate offer. I actually went straight to the lab for my drug test afterwards because it was on a Friday.

I don't think that was an interview. You should've received a call to SET UP either a phone interview or in-person interview, which is likely what that was.

About two weeks ago, they started asking HR team members to screen potential interviewees by going through a list of questions on a confirmation of availability form. It asks whether you're okay with working a certain position, whether you're okay with the starting pay, if you're free during certain peak seasonal days, and a few other questions.

Now if they asked you situational questions (tell me a time when you...), then it was an interview. If not, you'll still need to do two interviews.

I wouldn't be surprised if your HR team misunderstood the new "pre-screening" process. The way it's supposed to work is....

1. HR-TM calls the candidate and explains position/hours/pay. If the candidate wishes to continue...

2. Interview with a TL over the phone. You get asked 3 real-life situation questions in order to evaluate you on your life experience/work experience....if you get the stamp of approval from a TL...

3. Face to Face interview with an ETL. This time you're asked some hypothetical retail questions to judge how you approach situations.

I'm thinking that when the pre-screening process rolled out, your HR-Team thought this replaced the phone interview portion. Which means that potentially your store hired a bunch of people without going through the entire process. If you didn't do 2 formal interviews, there's a good possibility you were mishired. Every TM needs an Hourly Interview Guide A, and Hourly Interview Guide B.

I had a phone interview with the HR-TM, an in person interview with salesfloor ETL, then met the STL who just asked what I liked about the store, one suggestion to improve it, and if I had any questions. The phone interview had four or five situational questions for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back