Archived No Receipt Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got almost the exact same thing. Broken remote control car. No box, no receipt. But regular GS has already said it was fine....

Often times it's really a use your best judgement situation. The sign at GS is very clear... "Most items in their original packaging can be returned with a receipt within blah blah blah." You can usually tell the difference between a legitimate defective item vs. my kids tore this shit up and now they're bitching wanting a new one but I don't wanna pay for it.

Nerf guns are a different story. I see them getting returned daily with guests saying they don't work. As long as they have the packaging we have been honoring them, but a lot of people try to return them without.

Often times it's really a use your best judgement situation. The sign at GS is very clear... "Most items in their original packaging can be returned with a receipt within blah blah blah." You can usually tell the difference between a legitimate defective item vs. my kids tore this shit up and now they're bitching wanting a new one but I don't wanna pay for it.

Nerf guns are a different story. I see them getting returned daily with guests saying they don't work. As long as they have the packaging we have been honoring them, but a lot of people try to return them without.
Yeah my judgment said fuck no, your kid wrecked this thing and it’s practically in pieces...but regular GS girl has already said it was fine to exchange so I had to honor that...

Yeah my judgment said fuck no, your kid wrecked this thing and it’s practically in pieces...but regular GS girl has already said it was fine to exchange so I had to honor that...

Damn her! lol

Yes I turn the screen around and show them it’s not able to be returned. If she had an issue I would have said there’s nothing I can do. Also if she bought it at another store maybe she had to return it at the place of purchase only.

Not sure our GS screens twist around but that’s a good idea. I’ll try that.
are you sure? i'm pretty sure all registers twist but maybe not.

but yeah just say in accordance with our return policy, because you do not have a receipt, and this specific item requires a receipt OR CARD IT WAS BOUGHT ON for returns, i'm unable to take it back.

why does this item require a receipt but not others?????

well as you can see on target.com/returns and on the wall behind/next to me technically all items require a receipt or card, and as a courtesy we can give store credit for most, but not all items. this is not something my manager can override, but i'm happy to give you the phone number for corporate, and they may be able to help, but i can't promise anything.

If someone has no receipt and no packaging, its an automatic no from me... someone literally tried to return a MUDDY remote control car toy the other day, a month after Christmas, saying it was a gift for her child and it didn't work. No box, no receipt, no nothing. No wonder it didn't work after your kids been giving it hell for a month.
lol one time a woman came in with a kids backpack that was absolutely SHREDDED and horribly dirty, with gum and candy and stuff in it - wanted to return it and said that it “broke as soon as her kid tried to use it” (which was somehow like 3 months earlier but she didn’t think to return it until now)... she didn’t have a receipt and it had no tag on it, all of the sewn-in tags were either ripped out or completely unreadable, so we couldn’t find a brand or any identifying information. Long story short she pitched enough of a fit that the GSTL came over and found a random backpack DPCI and gave her store credit for it but yuck we literally had to put the old one in the trash

The IDs have a return amount limit for a reason, so don't feel bad about giving the guests store credit. Usually, the best thing you can do, is do the return, document it, and tell AP. Feel free to scrutinize their ID too. It must be valid. If it's expired, I don't take it. I also don't take photocopies of IDs either, or DMV papers. (No clue what the actual policy is.) But I only accept real, original, non expired ID.

There have been times where I cut the guest off at $50, and told them they were over their ID return limit. I've only done that when the guest had an absurd amount of items.

If it's HBA, I don't even take them. If it looks like it's over $30~, or coupon items, or small expensive items that are easy to pocket, I tell them I need an original receipt. No ID, no card look up, no gift card. Original receipt only. Same typically applies to electronics as well.

With electronics though, I usually attempt the return anyway, because over a certain amount, they have to do an exchange anyway. Same goes for baby formula.

One time a guest came in with two stuffed duffle bags, full of random merchandise. He wanted to return all of it, as well as the bags. I didn't even ask for ID, I flat out denied the return.

Just remember...you want to trust the guests. Never accuse. But, sadly, people do shady shit all the time. Just partner up with AP, keep a mental list of things for them, keep them up to date on what's been going on. Eventually you'll learn what to deny, and what to accept.

You think just like me.

I had my receipt and still got black card . Why ? And can I still sell this card . I still have receipt and return receipt .

I had my receipt and still got black card . Why ? And can I still sell this card . I still have receipt and return receipt .
Did you use a gift receipt? Was it same-day return?

No, you can't sell these online like Gift Cards because you need the card to redeem it.

Yeah, only way that would work is if the receipt is expired, which makes it a no-receipt return going to a black card.

How did you pay? Because unless you handed over ID the system doesn’t let us put it onto a merch card. We can’t even override anything to add it to a merch card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back