Archived NO TRAINING

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServiceEngaged

ServiceEngaged
So my ETL called me in to cover hardlines (which I'm trained in) but when I walked in my ETL made me do a softlines shift (which I'm not trained in). I didn't know what to do, are they allowed to make your do a shift your not trained in???

ntauctions they called me in for hardlines to do the C and D pulls but my ETL told me as soon as I walked in the store that I have to be in softline specifically in the shoes sections. I haven't been trained not once in softline and I'm just curious if your ETL or TL have you work in a section you never been trained in.

Theoretically you have to be trained before you work in p-fresh, Starbucks or Food Ave, and they won’t put you in AP, but otherwise they can put you wherever they want to. Unfortunately.

ntauctions they called me in for hardlines to do the C and D pulls but my ETL told me as soon as I walked in the store that I have to be in softline specifically in the shoes sections. I haven't been trained not once in softline and I'm just curious if your ETL or TL have you work in a section you never been trained in.

Shoes sucks. But, it's not too hard. Just put everything on your metro on the floor and straighten shit up. Not, sure where a particular shoe should go? Grab an RFID gun and find the same shoes in a different size. Don't get overwhelmed. Shoes really do suck. But, you can manage it for a shift.

Shoes sucks. But, it's not too hard. Just put everything on your metro on the floor and straighten shit up. Not, sure where a particular shoe should go? Grab an RFID gun and find the same shoes in a different size. Don't get overwhelmed. Shoes really do suck. But, you can manage it for a shift.

Shoes weren't that bad Im just curious if they can make you do a shift your not trained for.

But this is a good opportunity to push back and ask for training.
If you can get trained in that time instead of being stuffed in a corner folding sweaters it will be a handy way to pick up hours.
The more global you are in the store the better chances you will have of getting recognized and making money.

Grab an RFID gun and find the same shoes in a different size.
If you know hardlines, then the training for shoes would take about 30 seconds.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I take it y'all don't know that any location for shoes is just a suggestion, and you instead have to follow the pattern of styles until you find the right one and hope that no one started a second grouping where there's other similar styles or that no one totally destroyed the zone (Cat & Jack) so any shoe can be anywhere.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I take it y'all don't know that any location for shoes is just a suggestion, and you instead have to follow the pattern of styles until you find the right one and hope that no one started a second grouping where there's other similar styles or that no one totally destroyed the zone (Cat & Jack) so any shoe can be anywhere.
I’m not saying it’s easy or anything like that, I just meant they’re going to throw someone in there with no training because there isn’t much training to do for someone just covering a call off. They go in, zone it as best they can, and try to figure out where things go.

I've had SFS people look like their dog was shot when they ask where J# is and I tell them that shoe locations aren't real, we'll have to look all over shoes for whatever they are looking for. 30 seconds of training, even to cover a callout, is not enough. What shoes go in shoes and not somewhere else in softlines? What do you do with Speedo brand water shoes? What is the pattern of shoe style layout to adhere to? Where do all the extra Cat & Jack shoes go, both to put them there and to know where to look for that size 7 bunny shoes some kid wants? What to do with all the empty boxes? (Yes, new softlines TMs ask that all the time.) And I know I'm forgetting a lot of stuff. There's a reason most softlines folks hate dealing with shoes, it's a mess because it's complicated, it's complicated because it's intuitive layout and not logical layout, and it's all OJT training above and beyond the general softlines OJT training. It's a bad place to throw in some untrained hardlines person.

If an etl has your previous position covered then he may feel that "any" body over in another area is better then none. if you are completely clueless about where to start then pick on another softlines team member for a quick fire drill. After all he probably picked you vs the guy he was able to get to cover you because you were probably more likely to learn the ropes quicker.

I've had SFS people look like their dog was shot when they ask where J# is and I tell them that shoe locations aren't real, we'll have to look all over shoes for whatever they are looking for. 30 seconds of training, even to cover a callout, is not enough. What shoes go in shoes and not somewhere else in softlines? What do you do with Speedo brand water shoes. What is the pattern of shoe style layout to adhere to? Where do all the extra Cat & Jack shoes go, both to put them there and to know where to look for that size 7 bunny shoes some kid wants? What to do with all the empty boxes? (Yes, new softlines TMs ask that all the time.) And I know I'm forgetting a lot of stuff. There's a reason most softlines folks hate dealing with shoes, it's a mess because it's complicated, it's complicated because it's intuitive layout and not logical layout, and it's all OJT training above and beyond the general softlines OJT training. It's a bad place to throw in some untrained hardlines person.
However j is there . I take it you haven’t been with target for a long time . Theres no more Plano but still has an adjacency . Shoes is messy but not hard . What you do with your empty boxes ? Well ohh my you put them in the bailer , where does speedo shoes go? Well fuck me it goes in sporting good because they are department 91 to begin with . Where does shoe polish and laces go ? Well on an end cap where do mad love sandals , flip flops and tennis shoes go Well that would be on pegs on the back wall, where do cat and jack extra shoes go? Backstock if you are smart enough .

Last edited:
I've been at Target 3 years and I'm still there. And just a couple of days ago I was asked where J whatever was because someone wanted shoes from there. I also assisted with moving rain boots around earlier this year because there were too darn many so a quarter of Cat and Jack toddler shoe boxes were squished over to put rain boots there too. And I was grunt work when the person running shoes needed to move a lot of dressy shoes from one aisle to another for a better fit. So the adjacency is right for maybe a week and then things are moved around.

I've been at Target 3 years and I'm still there. And just a couple of days ago I was asked where J whatever was because someone wanted shoes from there. I also assisted with moving rain boots around earlier this year because there were too darn many so a quarter of Cat and Jack toddler shoe boxes were squished over to put rain boots there too. And I was grunt work when the person running shoes needed to move a lot of dressy shoes from one aisle to another for a better fit. So the adjacency is right for maybe a week and then things are moved around.
Ask your Specialty ETL where is j . You will be surprised to see you have one . Or even your A&A TL

Are you being insulting for fun? You're acting like I'm too stupid to know what J is. I know perfectly well that's shoes. Just like you and I both know that whatever location is given for a pair of shoes, they have about a 50% chance of being there. Just like you and I both know that shoes never matched the POG and currently never match the adjacency pictures. Just like how you and I both know that shoes are intuitive instead of logical which is why they never match the official stuff. So yeah, quit trying to insult me.

Are you being insulting for fun? You're acting like I'm too stupid to know what J is. I know perfectly well that's shoes. Just like you and I both know that whatever location is given for a pair of shoes, they have about a 50% chance of being there. Just like you and I both know that shoes never matched the POG and currently never match the adjacency pictures. Just like how you and I both know that shoes are intuitive instead of logical which is why they never match the official stuff. So yeah, quit trying to insult me.
But I’m not . And I apologize if that’s how you took it . But shoes did matched the pog when there was one , as for 50% chance only that’s on your A&A team just because is no pog for it doesn’t mean it can’t be right anymore .All I’m saying shoes is easy and if your sfs still hasn’t got the hang of it with all the soft lines order that every store gets maybe they don’t care about it.

And just a couple of days ago I was asked where J whatever was because someone wanted shoes from there

To be fair to your flex team, epick isn't exactly great about giving us item information and location in softlines. Some things do go in specific locations on a pog. Others don't. Take socks. They are on pogs. Epick will tell us the location. It won't tell us if we are looking for men's or women's socks. We can click through to MyWork to get that info usually, but a stressed flex TM might not think of that at the moment or the info might not be in MyWork. Hence, ask a style TM where the section letter is.

Yes, your flex TM probably should have seen the picture of the shoe in ePICK and known where to go. We just need a brand and size. Our gun can help us from there. If what need isn't on the floor, it's just swing by the fitting room to check, then head to the back to scan the shoe metros.

To be fair to your flex team, epick isn't exactly great about giving us item information and location in softlines. Some things do go in specific locations on a pog. Others don't. Take socks. They are on pogs. Epick will tell us the location. It won't tell us if we are looking for men's or women's socks. We can click through to MyWork to get that info usually, but a stressed flex TM might not think of that at the moment or the info might not be in MyWork. Hence, ask a style TM where the section letter is.

Yes, your flex TM probably should have seen the picture of the shoe in ePICK and known where to go. We just need a brand and size. Our gun can help us from there. If what need isn't on the floor, it's just swing by the fitting room to check, then head to the back to scan the shoe metros.
But you already have the dpci. That tell you if it’s boys , girls etc. Just like for hardlines or sea , 009,084 harder , 240 sea , 051 Christmas , 091 sport,086 toy one , 055 candy, 071 snack, 324 heck and he’ll , 234 dollar spot, 093 kids shoes , 096 women’s , 077 men’s etc

Last edited:
But you already have the dpci. That tell you if it’s boys , girls etc. Just like for hardlines or sea , 009,084 harder , 240 sea , 051 Christmas , 091 sport,086 toy one , 055 candy, 071 snack, 324 heck and he’ll , 234 dollar spot, 093 kids shoes , 096 women’s , 077 men’s etc

Yeah, flex TMs don't have all that memorized. We don't get trained on that at my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back