Archived NOP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I try to do is flex out transition items into the aisle that it will be setting in once it comes off the truck instead of just staging it and waiting weeks for plano to set it. To me I rather flex new product down a MPG aisle rather than spreading and flexing a bunch of the same items, just for it to come back as backstock once the aisle is set.

Do any of you guys do this at your stores?
Old stuff should come out first to avoid markdown.

My store is going to revert to an old practice of red dotting PTM/NOP items. Should help. We'll see because it will depend on communication and consistency, neither of which are strong points at my store.

What do you mean by red dotting and what does this help with?

Another thing I try to do is flex out transition items into the aisle that it will be setting in once it comes off the truck instead of just staging it and waiting weeks for plano to set it. To me I rather flex new product down a MPG aisle rather than spreading and flexing a bunch of the same items, just for it to come back as backstock once the aisle is set.

Do any of you guys do this at your stores?

Yes, and it pisses off the plano TL, because the product begins to sell, but won't always be replenished until the pog is active.

Old stuff should come out first to avoid markdown.

Well yes all of the DCode should come out 1st, but all of the active merchandise will end up remaining with the new planogram, so if there is still holes, we will fill it with new product instead.

Well yes all of the DCode should come out 1st, but all of the active merchandise will end up remaining with the new planogram, so if there is still holes, we will fill it with new product instead.
If you have a lot of old product, flex the heck out it. Save new product for the new set.

You put a red dot on the label you create for the NOP or PTM items. TM's then know that the item is not to be returned to the BR. It also helps pricing find stuff when/if it goes clearance.

I like that idea a lot, that would definitely help out. Thanks

If you have a lot of old product, flex the heck out it. Save new product for the new set.

What do you mean by old product? If DCode, then yes but if it's active, flexing a bunch down an aisle is not going to help, it will just end up coming back for backstock, when it's set. No trying to sweep it would be a good option or putting on and endcap, but if it doesn't sell well then, try to TPC it.

What do you mean by old product? If DCode, then yes but if it's active, flexing a bunch down an aisle is not going to help, it will just end up coming back for backstock, when it's set. No trying to sweep it would be a good option or putting on and endcap, but if it doesn't sell well then, try to TPC it.
Tpc is option in pfresh only. Use the pog fill app on my device or ptm option on a PDA. Do some manual cars too.

Last edited:
The problem with flexing to the aisles is that the sales floor would just be pulling it off every week when they do the 4x4. It's such a jacked up circle that we just keep repeating the same work over and over.

Why not just Store Tie the items? Then they have a "home location" on an endcap or sidecap?

Why not just Store Tie the items? Then they have a "home location" on an endcap or sidecap?

This is an option but store tie doesn't let you tie something on to an existing planogram (multiple ties).

But what I used to do to work around this was tie any flexed product to endcaps as section 90 and any flexed items inline would be 91-97. Flexed on section 1 would be 91 and section 2 would be 92 and so on. Then I would just communicate this to the entire team. This way if a TM had NOP item as a stray they could have an easier time finding it instead of just sending it back to the backroom.

I used 90-98 because store tie would not let you use 1-89. But I have yet to use this on the MyDevice, so I'm not sure if this still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back