Archived NOP/Backroom problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

@RetailWorld Wow. Thank you for that picture. I seriously am going to do some deep diving back there next week when I have a little time to play with. Something has to give. We had all the NOP pushed out for about a week now there's like 3 semi-full half empty pallets. We have a guy training (SRTL promoting to ETL) and he found a clearance item on one of them, and put a price change clip on it. DOH.

Yea, scan the product under NOP and see if there is an upcoming planogram. If not, it's time to fire up the mysupport engine.

One thing that the DC label diagram missed: In that example the V/S number is 24/24. The first number is the quantity in the casepack, but the second number is how many are packaged together in the casepack. If the second number is not the same as the first number, the casepack is divided. For example, if the V/S is 24/6, the casepack contains 24 units, but it's divided into groups of 6 units packaged together in boxes or bags inside the carton. These "inception casepacks" are often used for items that are small and/or fragile.

Price labels for P-Fresh items that need to be monarched (they require expiration date labels) should have the shelf life somewhere on the label. Example: When pushing a bakery item whose price label says "SL-10" or something to that effect, set the monarch gun to 10 days from today's date.

Price labels for vendor-supplied items should have the name of the vending company on a corner of the label. Example: The label for Lays potato chips should say "FRITO-LAY" somewhere on it.

One thing that the DC label diagram missed: In that example the V/S number is 24/24. The first number is the quantity in the casepack, but the second number is how many are packaged together in the casepack. If the second number is not the same as the first number, the casepack is divided. For example, if the V/S is 24/6, the casepack contains 24 units, but it's divided into groups of 6 units packaged together in boxes or bags inside the carton. These "inception casepacks" are often used for items that are small and/or fragile.

I ALWAYS WONDERED THIS. THANK YOU.

For example, if the V/S is 24/6, the casepack contains 24 units, but it's divided into groups of 6 units packaged together in boxes or bags inside the carton. These "inception casepacks" are often used for items that are small and/or fragile.

I HATE these cases. Normally the autofills will wait until you need a full case to pull something from case stock. If it's 24/6, it go to a case location every time it needs 6. This becomes a major problem during BTS and Christmas.

For example, if the V/S is 24/6, the casepack contains 24 units, but it's divided into groups of 6 units packaged together in boxes or bags inside the carton. These "inception casepacks" are often used for items that are small and/or fragile.

I HATE these cases. Normally the autofills will wait until you need a full case to pull something from case stock. If it's 24/6, it go to a case location every time it needs 6. This becomes a major problem during BTS and Christmas.

I strongly dislike them too. More garbage to deal with when I'm pushing product.

Whenever I have one and the entire casepack doesn't fit out, I never know whether I should open up all the boxes or leave them. I end up asking whoever is in the backroom at the time which they would prefer.

On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png
Purge date on pic label
Not exactly. We have purge dates so that we don have active labels sitting around forever. If an item gets lost or a label gets misplaced, the label "purges". We have time limits on getting labeled product to the store.
Thanks
@smashandthrash

Great post and very useful for new TM’s and while you’re are mostly right with the letters, The B isn’t always backstock. In a perfect world yes it would be and save time and space by not taking it to the sales floor. However we all know how counts can be wrong. My store is a push all and time and time again I find case packs marked with a B off the truck but the home location will be empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back